Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Acne-prone skin BEWARE! I read all the positive reviews thinking "wow everyone is saying how natural this is and how it doesn't break them out, must be okay for me!". Nope. The first two days, my skin was fine. The third day, a couple zits that were drying out seemed to come alive the following morning. I was confused, usually moisturizer helped heal pimples. I kept at it because I really wanted a natural moisturizer and I was super excited about it. The fourth day, I woke up and had whiteheads on my chin and nose, and parts of my cheeks (a place I rarely break out!). I narrowed it down to this moisturizer, as it has jojoba in it. Jojoba is slightly comodogenic and my skin does not like it. It also has vegetable stearates which is waxy and can clog pores. Don't spend the money. I now reserve this moisturizer solely for my hands and elbows, as those places do not break out.

on 8/3/2010 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried using this on my face and it was too heavy (my skin is increasingly oily, particularly on my cheeks and chin and especially now that it's summertime), so now I use it as my eye cream, and for this purpose it's working out well.

Update: I barely even use this product anymore as an eye cream. It's basically collecting dust these days. I prefer CeraVe cream as my eyecream.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a previous reviewer put it, this is not an exciting moisturizer, but it works well. At less than $5 a jar, I had to try it. (Beginning to realize I am a moisturizer fiend!)

I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks) and this product does a good job at balancing out my skin with just enough moisture. I use this in conjunction with Mac Prep and Prime Face Protect SPF 50, and my face stays matte and wonderful throughout the day. Even without the Prep and Prime, my face is left much less oily than many other moisturizers. I also like that it has no added scent, and the natural ingredients are a big plus, too.

If it ever runs out, I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This comes in a jar and is very creamy and thick. I only need a small scoopful for my face and it doesn't break me out. Has a nice, light scent that isn't over the top. Does make my face a bit red initially, but overall my face feels soft and moisturized. This isn't greasy and sometimes feels mattifying. I have super oily skin so it doesn't bother me. I use this at night, and in the morning my skin looks pretty good which is why I would continue to use it. Not sure if this would be my HG, but I like that this is a natural product and is decently priced.