Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

on 4/2/2016 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizer for about a year. I gave it a good go because I liked the ingredients and the brand. I never realized that this was what was causing my skin to break out until I stopped using it recently. After doing more research on oils, I realized the oils in this moisturizer can clog pores, which is exactly what it did to me. I never used to have whiteheads all over my forehead until I started using this, and after a week few since discontinuing it they are completely gone! I just thought my skin was changing as I got older, but nope, it was the lotion. It is NOT non-comedogenic, so if you are acne-prone this may not work for you. As for the product itself, it smells nice enough and has a nice whipped-like texture, but it is a light moisturizer. It's okay for the summer months, but did nothing for me in the winter. My skin still looked and felt dehydrated, tight, and had flaking even after applying it multiple times. This would be a good product for someone with normal skin who lives in a warmer climate.

on 11/24/2014 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

A little bit drying I thinktried it a few times, no go. sad because it is organic! my skin is in between dry and oily. i like giovannis one, did wonders on my skin but the fragrance is a little irritating -___-

on 9/23/2013 9:41:00 PM

I wish I read all reviews before by it.
This made my face burn and turn it red for few minutes.
I did try it 3 times...same reaction, not any more!

This is my favourite moisturizer. I have tried so many that are either too light and don't do anything or too heavy and break out and irritate my sensitive skin. This is the perfect moisturizer to have in a basic skincare routine for every day use. It doesn't do anything special or miraculous but it's simple, it works, and it's a staple in my routine. Plus, for the price you get a ton of product as a little bit goes a long way. Mine will probably last me a year. Love this!

This is my HG moisturizer. I have sensitive combo skin and my SO has acneprone combo skin. I've been using this for the spring/summer, so if winter comes and it's not enough I'll be sure to edit this review. It doesn't leave any residue. It's absorbed quickly. It's not too heavy and yet moisturizes well. This is stuff is awesome for my skin. The tub is nice because I can get all of the product out, I just have to be sure to have clean hands before I use some!

on 5/2/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best ever! Ive tried everything -I want something natural but also something that works! Heaven in a jar - ive battled red cheekies for 5 years now because I do too much to my face! Lol! Even all natural products and sensitive skin care products! Anyways this calmed my hot little cheeks in one day! One day and I'm 46! The glycerin in this is natural not synthetic I love plastic but this really does process on the skin better! Evens skintone doesn't cause acne its brilliance in a jar and natural - great base for makeup neutralizes the skin into perfection! It does dry matte when first applied and later provides the right amount of moisture - I don't get it! All I wanted was to find something natural and healthy for me that works right my skins loving me back again! And I want to tell the world! I ordered from the dessert essence site! Sweet! Thumbs up! PS/ the jars a dusky red/orange with a chocolate lid so the boys can use it to! Bonus happy faces! Lol!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i didn't find much about this to stand out from the rest of the pack. this could be a good thing, but it wasn't in this case--desert essence is not readily available, nor cheap enough, nor impressive enough, to make it worth the while. i would recommend trader joe's moisturizer in the pump packaging if you are looking for a moisturizer that's overall easy on the wallet, skin, and a no-brainer.

I actually just repurchased this moisturizer. After using up the first tub, I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy another simply because I thought I could solely rely on jojoba oil (also by Desert Essence) as my moisturizer. While the jojoba oil was doing a good job on its own, it still felt weird not having an actual moisturizer, and the jojoba felt a little greasy since it's getting warmer. I read other reviews about this having a strange sweat-like scent, and honestly, I don't smell anything at all. I'm also not particular about scents either; there's really nothing that bothers me, so I guess my nose isn't sensitive enough.

This is what I would call a "dry" moisturizer. It hydrates my face, but I can't see any trace of it after it absorbs into the skin, and it absorbs rather quickly. Thus, it gives me a matte finish. It's not sticky at all; just very smooth (I have combination skin, but it's relatively normal most of the time). It's a really nice light-weight moisturizer for spring, summer, and fall. During the winter, if I want a little more moisturizing properties, I add a little jojoba or vitamin E oil as a boost.

I like the ingredients, it doesn't break me out, fairly inexpensive (I think I paid less than $5), and one tub lasted me for well over a year. Overall, it's a basic moisturizer that does what it's supposed to do, and I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/26/2012 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Unfortunately, this seems to be giving me a few pimples. Nothing serious, but I normally don't get spots except for a pimple or two around my chin before my period. After using this for 2 weeks I have a spot in the middle of my cheek and one on the side of my nose, so I'll be going back to my Simple moisturizer, which was doing great but more expensive than this one. Other than that, I was pretty much happy with this, and the price was super-cheap, with natural ingredients, so I really wanted it to work, but it's not worth getting pimples.

PROS: Good price. Natural ingredients. Very moisturizing but doesn't leave me very oily. Feels very good going on. Very light, pleasant fragrance.

CONS: Some won't like that it comes in a jar, but my hands are clean when I use this. So I don't mind. ****EDIT: Started to notice I was getting red spots/patches from this that would appear about 2 minutes after application and go away for the most part after about an hour. Thank God I remembered a fabulous and funny MUAer named GlindaGoodWitch making this statement in one of her reviews: "Any time I get a "glow" of any sort after cleansing, it usually means 2 benadryls & a nap." Well, I've been able to do quite a few exfoliations, retinol treatments, etc. and still have my sensitive/rosacea-prone skin be okay. I've only had that reaction one other time (with the Alpha Hydrox 10% cream.) But I'm so glad I did remember her statement because I followed that advice exactly (after washing my face with some mild cleanser, of course.)

ALTERNATES: My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.