Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

on 12/24/2015 9:47:00 PM

The best moisturizer for me. I have been using this product for probably 10 years. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I wish I could slather on the thickest moisturizer out there every day but that makes me breakout. This product is very, very light and watery and goes on smooth. If you're looking for a thick cakey product this is not it. It will not leave any residue on your skin. I can't live without it. I use it every night after washing my face. In the winter I have very dry skin, so once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil + sugar. And then using this product every day works perfect. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin. And it's really cheap!

on 7/21/2011 5:14:00 PM

Lovely and gentle, fragrance free, second ingredient (after water) is aloe juice. Leaves my skin a little bit tacky, not dry and smooth, but I actually like that slightly moist feeling. Also makes a great, non greasy hand cream.

on 7/14/2008 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was super excited for this moisturizer, since it contains jojoba oil, which I've been wanting to try, and has the ultimate value of any skincare product (retail is pretty cheap, though I got 4oz for only $2.97!). Unfortunately, unless my face is soaked and dripping wet when I apply this, all I can ask is, "Does this even moisturize?" It absorbs so quickly and it so matte that I don't feel any moisture. You really can't imagine how fast it absorbs and how matte it is. If leaves no traces behind, it's like it erases my t-zone. And it lasts. Like most moisturizers I've tried, no change in my skin. I really wish this had worked for me though.

Yeah, i don't like this crap. I really really wanted to because it's nice and cheap and very pure. But i have dry skin, and this stuff wasn't moisturizing enough. I don't like my face moisturizer to sink right into my skin immediately, it makes it hard to put foundation on. Also, i think jojoba oil irritates my skin. So the search continues

on 6/6/2007 5:57:00 AM

Sorry to spoil the party but this stuff broke me out bad. I wanted it to work so much because when I first started using it, it worked so well under makeup. Kept my foundation matte and actually made it last longer. However after a few weeks I started breaking out. The tub packaging really bothered me too since I'm paranoid about bacteria. I would only recommend this for oily/combi, non-breakout prones. I doubt this would work for someone with dryer skin.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturizer. It feels great on, a little goes a long way, and its dirt cheap. Natural ingredients, no animal testing. It absorbs quickly, never feels oily or greasy, never causes break outs, has virtually no scent, and feels great under makeup. I prefer lotions in squeeze bottles or tubes and this one comes in a tub, which I don't like very much, but the tub is enormous and lasts forever, so I guess there's an upside to that. I buy this 3 at a time so I never run out. Absolute HG for me!

on 12/4/2003 11:00:00 PM

This really matifys my combination sensitive skin. It absorbs really quickly. The best is that it has no scent, is is all natural, and doesn't irritate at all. Would like that it would be a bit more moisturizing since my skin still feels tight after application.