Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

This is a lovely light cream with the advantage of being full o natural ingredients. It absorbs quickly and doesn't have a strong scent. My sensitive skin hasn't complained once.....

on 12/4/2003 11:00:00 PM

This really matifys my combination sensitive skin. It absorbs really quickly. The best is that it has no scent, is is all natural, and doesn't irritate at all. Would like that it would be a bit more moisturizing since my skin still feels tight after application.

on 1/3/2004 10:23:00 PM

Wow! I'm utterly impressed by this moisturizer! For years, I have been on a hunt for the perfect winter moisturizer for my sensitive, picky combination skin. I've tried many; some were simply too watery and didn't moisturize, while others were too thick and made me break out. Not this one - it contains jojoba, safflower, geranium, and sesame oil, but goes on non-greasy and with almost no scent (for those who don't like scented cosmetics). It has left me with the best winter face/skin in a long time, and only a little bit does the trick! On top of that, it cost me only USD$6 for a large jar at the whole foods store. Best of all, it's not tested on animals, and there are no artificial detergents, color, or synthetic perfumes. Anyone with troubled winter skin should try this.

on 2/16/2005 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this one! It feels very luxurious on too... i've been searching for a moisturizer that isn't too rich but still provides enough moisture--i think this is it! there's just a few ingredients...and all natural. great stuff...esp for my sensitive skin.

UPDATE: I'm still loving this! It's been a couple weeks... and no skin reaction... i just use it in the morning after my D.E. regimin: 1. wash with DE thoroughly clean facial wash 2. rub in a few drops of Jojoba oil until absorbed 3. apply a dab of the DE moisturizer...and voila! baby soft skin! It feels much plumper after only a couple weeks, and WAY SOFTER!

#2 UPDATE: I am still using this, but now i use a vitamin C serum underneath (by Avalon) and it's working beautifully! D.E. is my fave night cream!!! sometimes i even use it as a day cream since it mattifies nicely.

on 2/27/2005 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after repeatedly not being able to find St.Ives Oil-Free, which I loved. Luckily, I love this more! It comes in a tub with a ton of product - plus its thickish so it lasts forever for me. Its very mild on my sensitive skin AND doesn't make me break out (which I'm prone to doing) AND it makes my dry skin smooth and happy feeling AND doesn't make me shiny at all - I think it makes me less shiny in the end. I use it in the morning with Olay Complete All-Day Moisture lotion SPF - Combination/Oily (geeez long name). The Olay lotion makes it a little more spreadable which I appreciate. At night I just glop on the Desert Essence. It really is very moisturizing with no adverse acne complications... parfait pour moi!

on 3/11/2005 1:52:00 PM

I really wanted to like this because it's so cheap but I just didn't like the odd, dry-sticky-type feeling it left on my face. Kind of leaves it dull too. I'll probably use this on no-makeup days or when I'm going to just be around the house so that I can use it up. It wasn't bad just not great for me.

on 5/27/2005 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ack. 30 seconds after putting this on I had red splotches on my face that itched sooooo bad. I have mildly sensitive skin, but I've tried lots of products not for sensitive skin and have rarely reacted like this. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 12/23/2005 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Exellent !!!!, cream and the price $$ is great !!! me face is SUPER Moisturiser , will recomend over the ZIA creams are to expensive and the ingredient are the same

on 1/20/2006 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I recently bought this at Whole Foods. I have dry skin, and this did nothing for it. The texture felt nice in my hands, but not on my face at all. I didn't even feel like I had moisturizer on. It left a sticky film on my face a couple of minutes after it was applied.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Just started to use this product, and so far my face is very soft. No breakouts. My skin must have needed the moisture because it absorbed into the skin fast. I would buy this again.