Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 30-35
Desert Essence Daily Essential Moisturizer
Daily Essential Moisturizer

Not tested on animals

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate (Vegetable Derived), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Derived),Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Sesame Seed Oil, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Gluconolactone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Geranium Maculatum Oil (Plant Derived)

on 12/24/2015 9:47:00 PM

The best moisturizer for me. I have been using this product for probably 10 years. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin. I wish I could slather on the thickest moisturizer out there every day but that makes me breakout. This product is very, very light and watery and goes on smooth. If you're looking for a thick cakey product this is not it. It will not leave any residue on your skin. I can't live without it. I use it every night after washing my face. In the winter I have very dry skin, so once a week I exfoliate with coconut oil + sugar. And then using this product every day works perfect. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin. And it's really cheap!

on 11/17/2012 2:25:00 PM

I really like this cream. I used it on my face & when I am really dry I like to mix it with about 2-4 drops of Argan Oil at night. I used this over proactiv & Retin-A, depending on what I am using that night. I have tried department store & Sephora brands as well and I like this best for my skin. I have never broken out from it.

on 6/14/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I, unfortunately, also had a bad reaction to this moisturizer. The first few times I used it, I was fine, but used it again the other day on my face and upper body and it caused my skin to burn and turn beet red. Face, neck, chest, back, arms, everywhere. Not fun. The only other product that I've had this reaction to was the Yes to Cucumbers soothing facial moisturizer. Glyceryl stearate and cetyl alcohol are the only common ingredients, so I have to assume that I have a sensitivity to one or the other or both. Be careful with this one.

on 12/14/2011 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just started using it. I do have sensitive skin type but no reaction to the cream. Moisturizing but not heavy. Would buy again.

Update May 2012
Starting to find that it is not moisturizing enough. The good thing is that it is still not causing a reaction against my skin; however because I am finding it not moisturizing enough means I will probably not purchase again.

on 10/20/2011 10:34:00 AM

Consider me part of the fanclub. I use this as a night moisturizer after my retinoid pads. Doesn't break me out and keeps me skin soft till morning. Love the price and the ingredients. Keeps my skin more moisturized than many other much more expensive brands. HG product. I wish it wasn't in tub form, but that is only a minor complaint compared with the benefits.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. So basically my face hates me. This moisturizer is definetly on the heavier side of creams/moisturizers. And it was this that made me wary of even considering buying it to begin with. But I took a chance on it and am so glad I did. This is my moisturizer for life...or until my face decides to throw me a curve ball.

It is perfect for morning and night. I always thought heavier moisturizers could only be worn at night but this product is an exception. It hydrates my face really well; to the point it feels like my skin is 'drinking' it in. I feel that my face is better prepared for MU when using this. It also really helps when using retin-a. Of course my face had to get adjusted first, and I thouht the moisturizer wans't working. But once my face got used to retin-a I could tell the difference the moisturizer was making.

I can't imagine not having this stuff! :)

on 7/23/2010 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading the rave reviews about this product, I had decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, the cream did nothing for me except for making my skin feel like I smeared a thick paste all over it. The smell and packaging wasn't the greatest either. It was a good thing I did not pay a lot for the product. Will not purchase again.

on 5/13/2009 9:04:00 PM

The formula reminds me of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, but I had better luck with this. It may be because it's in a tub rather than a pump, so I apply as much as I need rather than what the pump tells me to use?
In any case, it has a slightly tacky/creamy texture, doesn't cause any negative skin reactions, is vegan/cruelty-free, and is very inexpensive. I don't know that I love it enough to call it a HG, but it has enough positive qualities that I'll happily keep using it.

on 5/22/2007 1:55:00 PM

My HG moisturizer! This product has transformed my skin. My skin texture and clarity are wonderful. I use it day and night. Initially, I was worried by the apparent thickness of the cream since I have sensitive and oily skin, but my worries were all for nothing. This product sinks into the skin almost on contact leaving the skin without a trace of shine or slickness. Amazing! I would probably pay any amount of money for the moisturizer, thankfully I don't have to because not only is this product a winner it is a veritable steal. I am rarely moved to comment on products though I love reading others reviews, but I simply had to rave about this product. I use it in conjunction with the Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. The scent is barely noticeable and I have a keen sense of smell, in fact, most beauty products are offensive to me because they are so heavy on perfumes or chemicals, but this is wonderful. True the jar is not the most sanitary way to house the product but a simple make up sponge dipped into the jar keeps fingers out. Besides, I'm not convinced the texture and forumla of the moisturizer are suitable for a pump bottle and I would just as soon they changed not a thing about the formulation.

on 4/28/2007 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique Superdefense for a couple of years and love it, however I am now on a budget so I have been searching for something a little less expensive. I think this product may do the trick. At $6.99 per jar this moisturizer is dirt cheap. It's in a tub, which isn't the most sanitary, but I'm used to that with the Superdefense. The fragrance is light and doesn't linger. The only problem I have with this product it just how thick and creamy it is. It tends to feel greasy and thick during the application however it does settle in and do it's job. I just have to ignore that I put it on for about 10 min. My skin is very oily so I only moisturize at night before bed.
Overall this is a great product for the price. I will be repurchasing.