68%

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

A cream based cleanser that left a film on my skin and did not remove all of my foundation. Has a light scent.

About reviewer (3093 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

9 years ago

I bought this in a small kit and am finding it cleans very well with a nice scent. My face feels a bit dry for a few minutes after I cleanse, but then it seems to even right out and feels fine. I just wish it weren't so expensive. Probably won't purchase because of that.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I've used this cleanser off and on for years. I don't find it too drying but some skin types might. It works well and smells great. I'm not giving it a higher rating because at the end of the day there isn't anything special about it other than the fragrance and that's probably bad for your skin.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinVery Oily

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I was so turned off using cream cleansers because i always thought they were horrible for the skin. I'm so glad I found this as it's full of ingredients that I actually understand and love to see like hyarolonic acid and amino acids and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and uncomfortable. This does a fabulous job at removing oil, grime and makeup (and i've sworn by cleansing oil for years) and leaves me with just a fresh and thoroughly clean face. the smell isn't strong at all, natural and pleasant. i ordered this online at a really decent price, the tube is huge! I highly recommend it, its a sheer joy to use.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

This is an absolutely amazing cleanser and glad I ran across the mua reviews for it. I am a total skincare junkie and natzi since I am blessed with super fussy clog prone skin. Hence why I have spent waaaay to much $$ over the years trying jsut about every cleanser from low to high end on the market and to me a good routine starts with a good cleanser. I have normal skin, but super clog prone so using gel cleansers would be ideal to deep clean but since 99% of them are made for oily skintypes they always end up stripping/dehydrating my skin over time. Hence began my cream cleanser hunt which seemed even more impossible as cream cleansers are targeted for drier skin types which I am not and finding one that deep cleans yet doesn't leave too much moisture of film seemed impossible after trying jsut about every cream/milk cleanser. Was relaly about to throw in the towel until I ran across this. I hav eused Borghese Fango Face Mud for years but ofcourse now that I wanted this cleanser I realized that there are absoltuely no Borghese counters around me anymore, which makes no sense to me considering how great this brand is. I hate ordering online with a passion so ended up swapping for it. Love everything about it as it deep cleans well enough and washes off clean, yet never leaves me feeling tight or dry. Also love the tube it comes in plus the great pearly creamy texture. Have to say I'm not a total fan of the smell which is odd as I have yet to mind ever when it comes to fragrance, but it is jsut odd an doesn't smell clean or fresh or even spa like as I expected, but strange and perfumey. Other than that a great cleanser and really see it working well for every skintype and it really just balances and leave your skin so smooth plus has a great ingredient list w/o the harsh/cheap chemicals many HE brands have! :)

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I have used this product for 27 years! I started using this product when I was in high school when I had a problem with acne. Crema Saponetta cleared my acne when my dermatlogist had no luck. I am now in my 40's and continue to use this cleanser. I began using it when my skin was oily and had amazing results. As I have aged my skin has become less oily. This cleaner cleans oily skin without drying it out and it also moisturized dry skin leaving it not oily and soft and smooth. It removes makeup easily. Skin shines and is radiant after use. No left over residue. I have never used an other cleanser or soap on my face in almost 30 years. I swear by this product! It is perfect everyone's skin types.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

EyesOther

11 years ago

<br> [ i have fair, sensitive, combo skin that breaks out if someone so much as looks at me the wrong way / i don't religiously stick to my skincare routine ] <Br> <br> I LOVE THIS CLEANSER! <br> <br> i was very anxious to try this cleanser & oh man it did not disappoint! first i remove my makeup. (although i have used this when i had make up on & it took it off.) anyways, first i remove my make up with a cleansing oil - then my skin is moist but not wet. next i apply a (large) pea-sized amount of the cleaser to my fingers. i apply it to my face (except for my eyes) & massage it around. it is nice & creamy, spreads well. then i wet my fingers & start to work it into a "lather" & cleanse my face. rinse off & viola! it rinses away so cleanly! my skin feels so crazy clean after. the first time i used it i thought it might be too drying for my skin because of that - but once my skin is dry it is clean but not stripped of oil. <br> <br> it is a true cream so it doesn't foam up or get bubbly or any of that - so if that's what you're looking for.. keep looking! <br> <br> sometimes i even use it with a small facial sponge (gently of course) & my seriously sensitive skin is still not irritated. this cleanser was exactly what i needed to keep my skin clear. (my skincare routine consists mostly of Borghese products, they are heavent sent!) <bR> <br> this is a small thing but i also love the packaging, i like that even though it is in a plastic tube it is not slippery. i can actually get a hold of it in the shower. <br> <br> i got this cleanser in the Borghese Basics Skincare Set so it was totally a bargain. it is not full sized but it is lasting me a long while. will definitely buy the full size when i run out. SO WORTH IT. <br> <br>oh, & no scent! yay for that!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I've used this cleanser on and off for years. I love the clean feeling I get from this one, never stripped or dry after use. From what I can tell, the formula is the same as it was years and years ago. I am thinking about buying this one again as my La Prairie Foam Cleanser is almost finished and I see no reason to spend the extra money for it. Crema Saponetta is just as good for half the price, and the tube is bigger too!

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I got this cleanser in a kit so I am not really sure how expensive it is. It is one of those cleansers that I have sitting in my shower waiting until all my other cleansers get used up just because there is nothing really exciting about it and I don't have any other great skincare products from Borghese to match it up with. That being said, every now and then I decide to use it and I am always AMAZED at how well it removes eye makeup. Of all the cleansers in my shower, it is probably the one that works the best. But despite the fact that it works so well - I just can't get excited about it for some reason. I do wish that it had a flip top rather than a screw lid - maybe that's my hang up.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

13 years ago

This review is actually for my boyfriend. He loves it. I have altogether maybe 15 cleansers around. I made him use all of them. This is the one he loves the most. It is kind of fun to watch him washing face using this. He looks so happy.... He has slightly oily T area. After cleansing, he doesn't want to apply anything on his face (I have not succeeded in making him do that), yet he still have clean and more balancing skin than me. For myself, I have oily T area..this cleanser is clearly doing its job as a cleanser. It lathers well, it removes oil very well, it rinses super easily; but I think skin feels a little over-cleaned afterwards. After skin is dry from washing, i feel too much oil has been removed so it is drying a bit. But I am still happy if I use it once or twice in a week. Because I put creams on later anyway. I don't see this over-drying causes any problem for me.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age25-29