L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Toasted Almond

3.3

on 7/26/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Loreal Color Riche is my favorite line of drugstore lipsticks because they're opaque and not too shiny or sheer or metallic. Toasted Almond is one of my go to lipsticks on days when I don't feel like wearing dressy makeup or matching lipstick to my outfit. It's a warm, deep neutral which for me is a lot more flattering than a light nude color. It's on the brown side but with a good amount of pink/peach in it so that it looks like a darker version of natural lips. It has a subdued and sophisticated look that I like.

on 10/14/2012 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Oh. Oh my lawd no. This has been one one my worst lipstick experiments, but your mileage may vary. I was lassoed in to trying this lipstick because I've seen more than enough reviews claiming that this was a perfect colour for not only pale-skinned ladies, but for women of colour too...but not on my lips, that's for sure. In the tube, and on a lot of people, Toasted Almond comes across as a very lovely, creamy, moisturizing lipstick with a natural rosy-peach-brown colour and satin finish. My ideal everyday colour, if it had worked. Instead, due to my highly pigmented purplish-pink-grey lips (I wish I was kidding) and medium brown skin tone, this applied like a chalky beige-peach colour that make me look like an anemic, starving crack addict attempting the nude-lips trend. The moisturizing effect and satin finish was still there, though (as was the traditional L'oreal powdery perfume scent) but if your lips and skin tone are similar to mine in colour, I'm warning you, do NOT go there. I suppose I can't fault the lipstick as the formula's alright, but the colour is a risk you'll have to decide on yourself. I still can't figure out why this lipstick is so highly rated for women of my NC42-44 skin tone. Either most people have lips that are much less pigmented than mine (highly likely) or most people are wannabe starving crack addicts trying to be fashionable (also plausible).

on 9/22/2009 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this because my husband really likes the color. I used to wear shades similar to this about ten years ago. I'm much more into nudes shades now. Although I used to wear L'oreal lipsticks many years ago, I dislike the scent now. Yuck! Besides the scent, this is a beautiful color. On my skin tone, it's a mid brown/rose color. I'm glad I have it in my collection but I would not repurchase this lipstick because of the scent.