3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I'm sad this was discontinued. I don't have blonde hair (far from it!) but the citrus oils really cleansed and balanced my oily hair. The Blonde was a perfect choice for people who have greasy hair, although it wasn't marketed that way. I'm hoping it will be reborn as a retro product.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

8 years ago

So sad this is discontinued. I have one small piece left and I am rationing it out very carefully! I have blonde highlights and this does a super job keeping them bright and shiny, not brassy. I looked back at a photo of myself when I was using this + American Cream daily, and wow my hair has never been so shiny and healthy looking. I did not use this the way most people do. I slice a small amount and put it into a recycled black pot with some hot water, then put the lid on. I did this at night so that when I took my morning shower, it was a creamy consistency like a regular shampoo. (I made about a week's worth in one little black pot.) It never smelled "off" so I continued using it this way. It has a chamomile scent, not overpowering at all - I am prone to headaches from a lot of scents but not this. Bring it back Lush! :)

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

LUSH has discontinued this shampoo. I wanted to replace it but couldn't. I'm surprised that others had negative experiences with this shampoo. I bought this hoping it would brighten my naturally strawberry blonde hair. It DID! I used it a couple of days in a row and it definitely brought out the color. I only bought a small sample, and had been using it a couple of days a week. It lasted so long that when I went back to buy more, they told me it had been discontinued. They suggested I buy I Love Juicy, because it would be similar. While it smells good and clarifies my hair, it doesn't do anything for the color like this shampoo did. I hope LUSH brings it back soon!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

9 years ago

i watch the youtube views and read from this forum then buy the blonde . But this shampoo doesn't made my hair soft acrually it's opposite may be camomile and lemon are harsh for my hair . . . i prefer john frida's blonde series shampoo

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

I found this to be one of the worst shampoos I have ever tried. I really wanted to love this product. I have medium/thick naturally blonde hair. I wanted to looooove this product but couldn't convince myself. I bought a 16 dollar piece which was a good sized piece (it's 71 dollars/lb.) and I cut it into little squares. I found I had to rub the shampoo bar all over my head multiple times before I thought I had enough on my hair to clean it. Then it created the worst tangles from all the rubbing. I even tried a different application method where I just kind of pat it on in one direction to reduce the tangles that the rubbing made. Still I had tangles like no one's business. I felt it stripped my hair, and left it feeling unhealthy. Maybe it was just my hair type and my water type. Not going to buy again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

9 years ago

I was recommended this to use to take a break now and then from Soak'n'Float, which I use for my scalp psoriasis, and I have to say I'm really underwhelmed. It's so gentle, it may as well be baby shampoo - I have normal hair, not particularly greasy or dry, but this just did not make my hair feel clean, no matter how much I rinsed. I can't speak for it's effect on blond hair, as I haven't been blond since I was about 5 years old. On the plus side, a bar lasts forever, and there is no packaging waste.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Coarse

9 years ago

This is my HG shampoo. I love that it's a natural shampoo and I love how beautiful it makes my hair. I love this shampoo.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I have fine hair which I dye blonde. I am prone to an oily scalp. My hair is long so the ends can get a little neglected. The Blonde solid shampoo handles all my little hair quirks nicely, although do use a good conditioner for your ends because this one is not the most moisturising. But boy, does it clean my scalp! Yet it seems to do so with loving care :-) I love the rich creamy lather from this. I love the smell too - it has a soft citrusy fragrance. I really don't see much difference in the colour of my hair - the chamomile in it is supposed to help make you blonder but for me, the jury is out on that one. 5 lippies. My #1 tip is buy a slatted wooden soap dish to store this on between uses. (Ikea has a nice one). You don't want it sitting in a puddle because it won't last as long. Another tip to make it last - slice a small chunk off your bar to use and wrap up the rest in its original paper and store in a cool, dry place. :-)

About reviewer (210 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

This was the first solid shampoo I have tried, and I was very impressed! It lathers very well and the scent of this is one of my favorite scents by Lush, I almost would buy some just to smell it! It smells like chamomile tea mixed with sunshine. :) I used this on my naturally ash blonde hair and it really does what it claims; gave amazing highlights and also great texture to my fine, straight hair. I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the John Frieda Sheer Blonde line; this works just as well if not better but is cruelty free and environmentally friendly!

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

10 years ago

This is a great solid shampoo - it made my hair shiny and definitely brightened it, plus the packaging is cute and the scent's nice. I've since gone back to using products for chemically treated hair, which are most moisturising. But I think it would be a great shampoo for naturally blonde hair.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair