MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

By far my FAVOURITE Mac product! You do not understand how heartbroken I am (still, after 3 years) after findin out this product was discontinued! It sort of summarizes my beef with MAC where they make us fall in love with a product then snatch it away, never to be seen again! It's torture!

It was a beautiful deep burgundy color, the right shade of purple and so easy to blend.

MAC has some eyeshadows that can be dupes of this gorgeous pigment, primarily "Sketch", I have sketch and it still pails in comparisons to burnt burgundy, mostly because it doesn't have the consistency of being a pigment and also I find sketch more purple.

When I went into a MAC pro store asking about this pigment, the associate looked at me and said he had no idea what I was talking about! Soo sad it's forever gone. I'm hoping MAC will come out with a pigment like this again, here's hoping!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this on Ebay for 12.00! what a deal especially that it has good reviews on here,I havent tried it yet but Im a sucker for Pro and limited colors so I got it and Burnt Burgandy was a Pro color but got disscontined.I will update and let you know if it really is all that!

on 9/29/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC matte pigments can be hit or miss .. but Burnt Burgundy is a total grand slam! This applies incredibly smoothly for a matte, and the color is incredibly rich and gives tremendous color payoff! This is a very rich sultry wine/burgundy that's deep enough to make a sexy smokey eye, and fortunately, remains a true burgundy once applied (it doesn't turn black like many do). It goes on very smoothly, and blends with total ease! I'd definitely repurchase, but I can't see myself ever in a lifetime finishing my jar, because you literally need so little to really create a stunning look with this!

on 7/6/2009 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this pigment.
its so pigmented, buildable, easier to blend than other matte pigments and its just such a nice versatile colour. it makes a lovely warm neautral look, works great with any kind of look actualy.
its not recomended by mac for the eyes. so be careful using it, dont use it on your water line and dont apply it to close to the eye in huge amounts that yu might get fallout, and use a base that it can stick to well to prevent that fallout.
im not sure that its lip safe but i would love to use it on the lips!

I was looking for a really wine red color with more of a red tonallity and this is it! It brings out the red tint in my eyes and gives such an exotic look! Grab it while you can becuase it is being discontinued! yes it is not eyesafe so use at your own risk! what i do i that i put embark in my crease and then burnt burgundy over it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

I have only used this as an eyeliner and it looked beautiful. The only thing is you have to be really careful to apply sparingly or you look like you've been crying your eyes out. Not sure if I'll ever use as an eyeshadow...

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon Ė or as the name describes Ė burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnít eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Iíll never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.