MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

3.3

on 9/29/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC matte pigments can be hit or miss .. but Burnt Burgundy is a total grand slam! This applies incredibly smoothly for a matte, and the color is incredibly rich and gives tremendous color payoff! This is a very rich sultry wine/burgundy that's deep enough to make a sexy smokey eye, and fortunately, remains a true burgundy once applied (it doesn't turn black like many do). It goes on very smoothly, and blends with total ease! I'd definitely repurchase, but I can't see myself ever in a lifetime finishing my jar, because you literally need so little to really create a stunning look with this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did not like this pigment, and fortunately did not buy a full size. This color makes me look sickly and ashen. I'm a MAC NC30-35. What is more bothersome, even if I were to try to use it in a subdued manner, such as eyeliner (I first tried in the crease), is the texture is not smooth, it's chalky and the color thinned out a bit with the brush- so I would have darkly pigmented portions of the crease, and then very thinly pigmented portions of the crease. Also, this one dusted powder all over my face and I was very careful to use the right brush- and then the powder is incredibly hard to remove without streaking vitriolic burnt burgundy all over the face. Ugh. It might be better for cooler toned people, but it's not good at all for me.

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon Ė or as the name describes Ė burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnít eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Iíll never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.

Top Rated Eye Shadow