MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

3.3

on 7/4/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, but they don't make it anymore, so I'm using it sparingly for as long as I can.

This pigment makes for a beautiful true burgundy eyeliner. Great for blue eyes! It's a matte pigment, but when mixed with MAC water-based mixing medium, it definitely pics up a slight shimmer. As an eyeshadow it blends very well, layers well, and turns our a nice port wine color. There is nothing like it, I've never found an adequate dupe.

Like many shades of red, it is not considered "eye safe" so be aware of that and use it carefully. I have had no problems using it as an eyeliner myself but use it at your own risk.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did not like this pigment, and fortunately did not buy a full size. This color makes me look sickly and ashen. I'm a MAC NC30-35. What is more bothersome, even if I were to try to use it in a subdued manner, such as eyeliner (I first tried in the crease), is the texture is not smooth, it's chalky and the color thinned out a bit with the brush- so I would have darkly pigmented portions of the crease, and then very thinly pigmented portions of the crease. Also, this one dusted powder all over my face and I was very careful to use the right brush- and then the powder is incredibly hard to remove without streaking vitriolic burnt burgundy all over the face. Ugh. It might be better for cooler toned people, but it's not good at all for me.

Top Rated Eye Shadow