MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

on 7/4/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, but they don't make it anymore, so I'm using it sparingly for as long as I can.

This pigment makes for a beautiful true burgundy eyeliner. Great for blue eyes! It's a matte pigment, but when mixed with MAC water-based mixing medium, it definitely pics up a slight shimmer. As an eyeshadow it blends very well, layers well, and turns our a nice port wine color. There is nothing like it, I've never found an adequate dupe.

Like many shades of red, it is not considered "eye safe" so be aware of that and use it carefully. I have had no problems using it as an eyeliner myself but use it at your own risk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

By far my FAVOURITE Mac product! You do not understand how heartbroken I am (still, after 3 years) after findin out this product was discontinued! It sort of summarizes my beef with MAC where they make us fall in love with a product then snatch it away, never to be seen again! It's torture!

It was a beautiful deep burgundy color, the right shade of purple and so easy to blend.

MAC has some eyeshadows that can be dupes of this gorgeous pigment, primarily "Sketch", I have sketch and it still pails in comparisons to burnt burgundy, mostly because it doesn't have the consistency of being a pigment and also I find sketch more purple.

When I went into a MAC pro store asking about this pigment, the associate looked at me and said he had no idea what I was talking about! Soo sad it's forever gone. I'm hoping MAC will come out with a pigment like this again, here's hoping!