MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

on 7/6/2009 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this pigment.
its so pigmented, buildable, easier to blend than other matte pigments and its just such a nice versatile colour. it makes a lovely warm neautral look, works great with any kind of look actualy.
its not recomended by mac for the eyes. so be careful using it, dont use it on your water line and dont apply it to close to the eye in huge amounts that yu might get fallout, and use a base that it can stick to well to prevent that fallout.
im not sure that its lip safe but i would love to use it on the lips!

I was looking for a really wine red color with more of a red tonallity and this is it! It brings out the red tint in my eyes and gives such an exotic look! Grab it while you can becuase it is being discontinued! yes it is not eyesafe so use at your own risk! what i do i that i put embark in my crease and then burnt burgundy over it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

I have only used this as an eyeliner and it looked beautiful. The only thing is you have to be really careful to apply sparingly or you look like you've been crying your eyes out. Not sure if I'll ever use as an eyeshadow...

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon Ė or as the name describes Ė burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnít eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Iíll never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.

on 5/3/2004 11:19:00 AM

Another gorgeous pigment to my growing list. This color works well with NC35 and really makes brown eyes pop. It's a deep burgandy with a hint of violet/fuschia in it. This is a definite keeper... now go get one!

on 12/11/2003 2:45:00 AM

I got a sample of this pigment a few weeks ago. MAC pigments are so concentrated with color, a tiny amount is all you need so I tend to stick with sample sizes. The Burnt Burgundy pigment is a beautiful burgundy color. I like that's its completely matte. I used it as a liner and I used a teeny tiny amount to do both eyes and it gave me a pretty eye look. This color would go perfectly with Browns, golds, and other maroon and pink colors. I highly recommend this pigment. It's one of my favorite colors. Here's a photo that I took of my neice. I used Burnt Burgundy pigment as a liner on her top and bottom lashline. I love how the color looks paired with her brown/green eyes.

continued >>