MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

on 7/4/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, but they don't make it anymore, so I'm using it sparingly for as long as I can.

This pigment makes for a beautiful true burgundy eyeliner. Great for blue eyes! It's a matte pigment, but when mixed with MAC water-based mixing medium, it definitely pics up a slight shimmer. As an eyeshadow it blends very well, layers well, and turns our a nice port wine color. There is nothing like it, I've never found an adequate dupe.

Like many shades of red, it is not considered "eye safe" so be aware of that and use it carefully. I have had no problems using it as an eyeliner myself but use it at your own risk.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

on 12/11/2003 2:45:00 AM

I got a sample of this pigment a few weeks ago. MAC pigments are so concentrated with color, a tiny amount is all you need so I tend to stick with sample sizes. The Burnt Burgundy pigment is a beautiful burgundy color. I like that's its completely matte. I used it as a liner and I used a teeny tiny amount to do both eyes and it gave me a pretty eye look. This color would go perfectly with Browns, golds, and other maroon and pink colors. I highly recommend this pigment. It's one of my favorite colors. Here's a photo that I took of my neice. I used Burnt Burgundy pigment as a liner on her top and bottom lashline. I love how the color looks paired with her brown/green eyes.

continued >>