MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

4.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did not like this pigment, and fortunately did not buy a full size. This color makes me look sickly and ashen. I'm a MAC NC30-35. What is more bothersome, even if I were to try to use it in a subdued manner, such as eyeliner (I first tried in the crease), is the texture is not smooth, it's chalky and the color thinned out a bit with the brush- so I would have darkly pigmented portions of the crease, and then very thinly pigmented portions of the crease. Also, this one dusted powder all over my face and I was very careful to use the right brush- and then the powder is incredibly hard to remove without streaking vitriolic burnt burgundy all over the face. Ugh. It might be better for cooler toned people, but it's not good at all for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

I have only used this as an eyeliner and it looked beautiful. The only thing is you have to be really careful to apply sparingly or you look like you've been crying your eyes out. Not sure if I'll ever use as an eyeshadow...

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon Ė or as the name describes Ė burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnít eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Iíll never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.

on 12/11/2003 2:45:00 AM

I got a sample of this pigment a few weeks ago. MAC pigments are so concentrated with color, a tiny amount is all you need so I tend to stick with sample sizes. The Burnt Burgundy pigment is a beautiful burgundy color. I like that's its completely matte. I used it as a liner and I used a teeny tiny amount to do both eyes and it gave me a pretty eye look. This color would go perfectly with Browns, golds, and other maroon and pink colors. I highly recommend this pigment. It's one of my favorite colors. Here's a photo that I took of my neice. I used Burnt Burgundy pigment as a liner on her top and bottom lashline. I love how the color looks paired with her brown/green eyes.

continued >>

on 7/4/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, but they don't make it anymore, so I'm using it sparingly for as long as I can.

This pigment makes for a beautiful true burgundy eyeliner. Great for blue eyes! It's a matte pigment, but when mixed with MAC water-based mixing medium, it definitely pics up a slight shimmer. As an eyeshadow it blends very well, layers well, and turns our a nice port wine color. There is nothing like it, I've never found an adequate dupe.

Like many shades of red, it is not considered "eye safe" so be aware of that and use it carefully. I have had no problems using it as an eyeliner myself but use it at your own risk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

By far my FAVOURITE Mac product! You do not understand how heartbroken I am (still, after 3 years) after findin out this product was discontinued! It sort of summarizes my beef with MAC where they make us fall in love with a product then snatch it away, never to be seen again! It's torture!

It was a beautiful deep burgundy color, the right shade of purple and so easy to blend.

MAC has some eyeshadows that can be dupes of this gorgeous pigment, primarily "Sketch", I have sketch and it still pails in comparisons to burnt burgundy, mostly because it doesn't have the consistency of being a pigment and also I find sketch more purple.

When I went into a MAC pro store asking about this pigment, the associate looked at me and said he had no idea what I was talking about! Soo sad it's forever gone. I'm hoping MAC will come out with a pigment like this again, here's hoping!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this on Ebay for 12.00! what a deal especially that it has good reviews on here,I havent tried it yet but Im a sucker for Pro and limited colors so I got it and Burnt Burgandy was a Pro color but got disscontined.I will update and let you know if it really is all that!

on 9/29/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC matte pigments can be hit or miss .. but Burnt Burgundy is a total grand slam! This applies incredibly smoothly for a matte, and the color is incredibly rich and gives tremendous color payoff! This is a very rich sultry wine/burgundy that's deep enough to make a sexy smokey eye, and fortunately, remains a true burgundy once applied (it doesn't turn black like many do). It goes on very smoothly, and blends with total ease! I'd definitely repurchase, but I can't see myself ever in a lifetime finishing my jar, because you literally need so little to really create a stunning look with this!

on 7/6/2009 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this pigment.
its so pigmented, buildable, easier to blend than other matte pigments and its just such a nice versatile colour. it makes a lovely warm neautral look, works great with any kind of look actualy.
its not recomended by mac for the eyes. so be careful using it, dont use it on your water line and dont apply it to close to the eye in huge amounts that yu might get fallout, and use a base that it can stick to well to prevent that fallout.
im not sure that its lip safe but i would love to use it on the lips!