MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

4.3

on 12/11/2003 2:45:00 AM

I got a sample of this pigment a few weeks ago. MAC pigments are so concentrated with color, a tiny amount is all you need so I tend to stick with sample sizes. The Burnt Burgundy pigment is a beautiful burgundy color. I like that's its completely matte. I used it as a liner and I used a teeny tiny amount to do both eyes and it gave me a pretty eye look. This color would go perfectly with Browns, golds, and other maroon and pink colors. I highly recommend this pigment. It's one of my favorite colors. Here's a photo that I took of my neice. I used Burnt Burgundy pigment as a liner on her top and bottom lashline. I love how the color looks paired with her brown/green eyes.

continued >>

on 5/3/2004 11:19:00 AM

Another gorgeous pigment to my growing list. This color works well with NC35 and really makes brown eyes pop. It's a deep burgandy with a hint of violet/fuschia in it. This is a definite keeper... now go get one!

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon or as the name describes burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnt eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Ill never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.

on 12/25/2005 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love burnt burgundy pigment as an eyeliner. Using a wet angle brush and the pigment to line my eyes really makes my eyes pop! Only bad side is that you have to apply this before foundation in case you accidently get red streaks.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did not like this pigment, and fortunately did not buy a full size. This color makes me look sickly and ashen. I'm a MAC NC30-35. What is more bothersome, even if I were to try to use it in a subdued manner, such as eyeliner (I first tried in the crease), is the texture is not smooth, it's chalky and the color thinned out a bit with the brush- so I would have darkly pigmented portions of the crease, and then very thinly pigmented portions of the crease. Also, this one dusted powder all over my face and I was very careful to use the right brush- and then the powder is incredibly hard to remove without streaking vitriolic burnt burgundy all over the face. Ugh. It might be better for cooler toned people, but it's not good at all for me.

I have only used this as an eyeliner and it looked beautiful. The only thing is you have to be really careful to apply sparingly or you look like you've been crying your eyes out. Not sure if I'll ever use as an eyeshadow...

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This pigment is beautiful, practical, and... amazing.
It is matte so it doesnt throw annoying shimmer all around your face. It is veryyyy easy to blend and "move around" the eye. It fades very nicely and kind of changes color as the application gets lighter (physically). What I mean is, when you pack on the pigment, the color looks exactly like in the jar, this dark purpley-red color, but as it fades and gets less-packed, you can dfinitely see the burgundy and the dark purple is way less noticable, making your eye-look seem to have 2 different shadows when it's actually just one.

A lot of these reviews complain about the fallout and how you'll get burgundy marks on your face...but this has never happened to me. I recommend you guy TAP the brush after you dip in and always have a kabuki in hand just to swipe off any tiny bit of fallout around the eye area (and I mean tiny).

I LOVE THIS COLOR.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.

I was looking for a really wine red color with more of a red tonallity and this is it! It brings out the red tint in my eyes and gives such an exotic look! Grab it while you can becuase it is being discontinued! yes it is not eyesafe so use at your own risk! what i do i that i put embark in my crease and then burnt burgundy over it.

on 7/6/2009 7:33:00 PM

I LOVE this pigment.
its so pigmented, buildable, easier to blend than other matte pigments and its just such a nice versatile colour. it makes a lovely warm neautral look, works great with any kind of look actualy.
its not recomended by mac for the eyes. so be careful using it, dont use it on your water line and dont apply it to close to the eye in huge amounts that yu might get fallout, and use a base that it can stick to well to prevent that fallout.
im not sure that its lip safe but i would love to use it on the lips!