MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

4.3

on 7/4/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would buy it again, but they don't make it anymore, so I'm using it sparingly for as long as I can.

This pigment makes for a beautiful true burgundy eyeliner. Great for blue eyes! It's a matte pigment, but when mixed with MAC water-based mixing medium, it definitely pics up a slight shimmer. As an eyeshadow it blends very well, layers well, and turns our a nice port wine color. There is nothing like it, I've never found an adequate dupe.

Like many shades of red, it is not considered "eye safe" so be aware of that and use it carefully. I have had no problems using it as an eyeliner myself but use it at your own risk.

on 9/29/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC matte pigments can be hit or miss .. but Burnt Burgundy is a total grand slam! This applies incredibly smoothly for a matte, and the color is incredibly rich and gives tremendous color payoff! This is a very rich sultry wine/burgundy that's deep enough to make a sexy smokey eye, and fortunately, remains a true burgundy once applied (it doesn't turn black like many do). It goes on very smoothly, and blends with total ease! I'd definitely repurchase, but I can't see myself ever in a lifetime finishing my jar, because you literally need so little to really create a stunning look with this!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

this was an ok color. i think it would of been amazing as a shimmer though. all in all id repurchase because it is a true burgundy & quite nice...for a matte.