MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy

MAC Cosmetics Pigment - Burnt Burgundy
MAC Burnt Burgundy pigment

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

By far my FAVOURITE Mac product! You do not understand how heartbroken I am (still, after 3 years) after findin out this product was discontinued! It sort of summarizes my beef with MAC where they make us fall in love with a product then snatch it away, never to be seen again! It's torture!

It was a beautiful deep burgundy color, the right shade of purple and so easy to blend.

MAC has some eyeshadows that can be dupes of this gorgeous pigment, primarily "Sketch", I have sketch and it still pails in comparisons to burnt burgundy, mostly because it doesn't have the consistency of being a pigment and also I find sketch more purple.

When I went into a MAC pro store asking about this pigment, the associate looked at me and said he had no idea what I was talking about! Soo sad it's forever gone. I'm hoping MAC will come out with a pigment like this again, here's hoping!

I was looking for a really wine red color with more of a red tonallity and this is it! It brings out the red tint in my eyes and gives such an exotic look! Grab it while you can becuase it is being discontinued! yes it is not eyesafe so use at your own risk! what i do i that i put embark in my crease and then burnt burgundy over it.

I have only used this as an eyeliner and it looked beautiful. The only thing is you have to be really careful to apply sparingly or you look like you've been crying your eyes out. Not sure if I'll ever use as an eyeshadow...

on 12/25/2005 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love burnt burgundy pigment as an eyeliner. Using a wet angle brush and the pigment to line my eyes really makes my eyes pop! Only bad side is that you have to apply this before foundation in case you accidently get red streaks.

on 4/1/2005 11:14:00 PM

A beautiful matte, dark maroon Ė or as the name describes Ė burnt burgundy. This Pigment is perfect for accenting neutral eye looks. A little dab of warmness at the corners and voila! Too bad this little guy isnít eye safe! :( I normally despise matte Pigments, but this one is gorgeous. Unfortunately Iíll never purchase the full size version. Maroon pigment is a good alternative, although it is shimmery and discontinued.

on 5/3/2004 11:19:00 AM

Another gorgeous pigment to my growing list. This color works well with NC35 and really makes brown eyes pop. It's a deep burgandy with a hint of violet/fuschia in it. This is a definite keeper... now go get one!