Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

on 6/21/2016 8:44:00 PM

I purschased this along with the amazing grace body oil mist. They both smell like rotten oranges and nivea cream, i dont understand why all this fuss about. Majority says it is a fresh out of shower kind of scent, but i just cant get it, there is nothing fresh about it. However, it is very moisturizsing and my skin is left looking healthy and glowy, when i layer it on top of the oil mist. I use it before going to bed just because i dont want anyone to catch me smelling like this, by the morning the scent is gone.

on 5/16/2016 11:06:00 PM

I have been a loyal Philosophy user for years. I finally used up my very large bottle of Amazing Grace Body Emulsion, so ordered new product from the website. When I opened the seal I expected a nice whiff of lovely scent. What I got was a whiff of air, no scent at all. I might as well have purchased unscented body lotion. I immediately sent Coty an email and returned product. Will not purchase again.

on 4/10/2013 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this body lotion (32 oz) and shower gel set for Christmas last year and they've been my staple ever since! The consistency of this lotion is just perfect - neither too heavy nor too light. It's also moisturizing enough without being greasy. My skin tends to be on the drier side, especially during the winter, and this lotion has helped my skin stay nicely moisturized :) It has a fresh, clean, pleasant, very light floral scent, which sits very well with me because I'm one who can't stand heavy scents at all. The scent kinda reminds me of baby powder. This was my first ever bottle of Philosophy and I've come to really love the Amazing Grace line. The price is quite steep for me but I find it worth the splurge as this body will last me for awhile from using it daily. I will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out! :)

on 3/16/2013 12:47:00 PM

i don't believe this has any firming properties, but the scent actually lasts longer on my skin than the edp.

on 1/31/2013 10:36:00 AM

Ok so I've read reviews here all the way back to 2009 and I'd like to make a note about the chemical scent: Yes it's lotion, and chemicals SETTLE over time. As in, while the bottle sits around, it's chemicals shift to the bottom of it. SHAKE YOUR BOTTLE. The scent will be different and the "chemical" scent gone. Not sure why no one ever thought of this.

Second, this product contains some of the same ingredients as Rodial Boob Job, there is a reviewer who discussed this a couple pages back. My friend who recommended this product has been using it on her breasts and it works very well to firm them up. That being said, I'm sure this product would work well on breasts and probably buttocks, but I just bought this yesterday so I'll have to update my review later on.

So far, the moisture holds very well, and yes it is not greasy at all. The scent is a clean one, like just just dried laundry, with a slight sweetness.

on 1/26/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always buy this from sephora when I get a gift card because it's so expensive. this is my favourite lotion. my favourite scent. Very nice creamy consistency. Not greasy, just perfect. The scent lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear it. The only cons are the price and the pump. The pump doesn't work very well. The trick is to unscrew it then pump.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the large pump bottle of this! I just love it! Myskin always feels so nice when i use it,,I think it smells great too..fresh and clean! Sometimes I have diluted it with an unscented lotion but only if its super warm out or if its before bed. I have worn AG on and off for about 10 years ( wow a long time!) Now I only buy the smallest bottle of the perfume and the largest of this lotion. The scent stays with me all day :) Beautiful!

on 3/30/2012 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this lotion! 6 weeks ago I broke my ankle and had surgery and now I'm in one of those walking boots. The skin around my ankle and half way up my leg was so dry I couldn't even shave. I tried and it was like the razor shredded my skin and it bled and bled. Skin was so dry that I could peel it off. Finally I can stand to touch my foot and move it around some so last night I used this lotion on it twice. It's amazing the results I got. The dry skin is completely gone this morning and the skin looks soft and moist. I just ordered the body wash and lotion for my daugher in law. I think she's going to love it as much as I do.
I will always have this in my bathroom.

Thoroughly surprised at all the great reviews of this. I bought it solely for the supposed firming benefits, not that I need much firming, but I figure my body skin deserves some of the same care that I lavish on my face. I didn't even notice that it has a scent worth talking about until I saw the reviews here. In any case, it's not sticky or greasy, but it doesn't moisturize all that well either. And the pump doesn't work so well. I need to pull it up after each and every time I push it down. Annoying.

Yet again suckered into buying a Philosophy product. I LOVE the smell of Amazing Grace. So I bought this. When you apply it, it smells wonderful and leaves your body soft and fragranced. An hour later and you can't smell it at all. Grrrr. For the price, I want to layer it and smell it (albeit subtly) all day! So disappointed. I've given it three lippies as it's pretty good body moisturiser but to be honest, I could buy a Nivea body moisturiser for a quarter of the price. Disappointed by Philosophy again.