Bobbi Brown Concealer Brush

Bobbi Brown Concealer Brush

on 6/17/2017 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Having recently reacquainted myself with Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer I thought I'd get a brush from the same brand. I chose this one over their Concealer Blending Brush, because it has a slightly narrower and shorter head and looked more suitable for applying concealer to the inner corners of my eyes which was the main reason for purchase; I was using a Bare Escentuals concealer brush which is great for blending and general application, but quite wide.
I tried this brush with the Creamy Concealer and it worked perfectly. The hairs are firmly packed but soft enough for gentle application. I was able to apply the concealer exactly where I needed it and patted it with a finger to blend. Next day I tried it with the Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Concealer. I applied the product with the doe foot applicator and blended it into the inner corners with the brush, and patted down with my fingers. Worked great and made such a difference to the look and wear of both concealers so for me this has been a really good purchase. As with all BB brushes it wasn't cheap but they last forever (OK, maybe not forever but I have a couple that are 20 years old and showing no signs of age) and do a great job.

on 3/10/2013 10:52:00 PM

Beautiful application, after I use it with my smashbox concealer and just run it in a little bit with my finger and it looks beautiful! However the part of metal with the brush attached to the handle slides off easily, so be gentle with it!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

The brush got "split hairs" the very next day although i have been cleaning it regularly and keeping it brush side up. They just wont return and stand on sides and make applying concealer difficult. it doenst REALLY pat makeup on nicely either. Will not buy again.

on 1/3/2010 2:13:00 AM

This brush is good for covering small discolorations or blemishes, but not good enough for covering undereye darkness. Its too thin to blend in under eyes and I need to use fingers or a sponge to blend the concealor after using this brush. I usually love her products, but this brush was dissapointing. I don't recommend buying this brush unless it's on sale, because its v. expensive and not worth the money.

Waste of money. don't buy this. I threw it out.

on 12/22/2010 9:53:00 PM

Meh. This brush is ok. I do love that it comes with a lid, as it makes it easy to take with you when you go out (hope the top of it doesnt get stuck in the lid like other reviewers have said!) but as to the brush itself, not much love. For me, it isnt soft enough, and im not a huge fan of the shape. The only reason I bought this was because I left my HG $9 concealer brush from Target in a hotel room and panicked and this was the first one I came across o/s. It was expensive and I wouldnt buy it again.

on 1/22/2011 8:27:00 PM

I bought this at the Murale store at Shops at Don Mills with the creamy concealer. It is a great combination and the brush works really well with the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer. It provides good coverage and application is very easy. All I need to do after is set it with my finger and my face powder and the coverage is flawless! However, I assume a lot of concealer brushes are like this and I have not used other brands yet. I have the full hand concealer brush and I use it everyday!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This brush is okay. I like that its smaller than most concealer brushes but I wish that the hair was shorter. It can't be used to blend in the concealer but I like to carefully blend in concealer under my eyes with my finger so its not a problem for me. If you expect to use this brush to blend in under eye concealer perfectly you'll probably be disappointed. There are better brushes out there and I wouldn't repurchase it...but for my purposes it works well. I haven't had any problems with shedding and I love that it comes with a cap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my first concealer brush and I am perfectly happy with this, especially after 2 years of frequent usage. The brush never sheds a hair until now though I am pretty bad at washing and there is a crack at wooden handle now.

The brush is stiff enough to apply concealer to blemish areas and to let me dab the concealer onto my cursed dark circles as well. But then it is soft enough that won't irritate your skin. I also like the brush tip as it's small enough to allow precise application.

The reason why some of you find the brush leaving storkes of concealer behind is probably the brush has built up with too much concealer. Clean it after every use should help.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Too rough as a concealer brush, I have taken to applying concealer very slowly to ensure it doesn't hurt the sensitive eye area skin. It's also pretty useless for blending the concealer in - I use it mainly to take the product from the bottle to apply under my eye and on blemishes.

Overall too expensive for what it's supposed to do.

on 5/13/2009 4:38:00 PM

This was a great brush until, like with another reviewer on here, the top half of the brush came off and got stuck inside the lid. I've tried to remove it with tweezers and heating methods, but to no avail. I've only had it for three weeks, so it's horrible to only be left with a handle having shelled out so much for the product.

Popular Makeup Brushes