Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.4

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As a black woman who has to be very picky about what products I put on my skin, I happened to stumble a popular YouTuber going through finer skincare items. I was a bit nervous about this product as the price isn't exactly a walk in the park. After getting a sample size of this I fell in love with my skin.

As someone who doesn't have an unlimited budget, I try to budget this in every 4-6 months and rotate it with my Pixi Glow Tonic. If I was really abrasive with my skin then it will tingle a lot but overall it made my skin clearer and my pores smaller.

on 3/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This review is for the new, regular strength version.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I was hoping I wouldn't tbh because it is sort of pricey but after about a month of usage I can say that this will become a staple in my skincare routine.

My skin is pretty used to acids so when I first started using this I immediately started using it 2x a day. However, I went through an intense purge which I didn't expect. Some users say their skin glowed within 3 days of using this...not me. I had to use this for a week or 2 before I saw the results because of all of the purging. I also used to do superficial weekly peels but once I added in the Lotion P50 it made my skin too sensitive and I realized I kept burning which kept ruining my skin, so I reluctantly took out the peels. I thought this toner couldn't possibly give me the result the peels could, but since I spent so much money on it, I did want to at least get some use out of it and give it a try.

I am so happy I did because after a week or 2 my skin started glowing. The texture was minimized and it definitely helps to speed up the disapperance of PIH. I used peels for months (I alternated between lactic acid, glycolic acid and salicylic acid) and my skin looks better now than it did when I was peeling so I don't think I will ever use peels as long as this is around. It did sting at first but now it doesn't sting anymore at all.

The smell doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like it. Probably because I like the product so much.

If you're thinking about trying this...just do it. It really does work. Try the smaller bottle if you must, but just try it.

After I finish this bottle I want to try the Pigm 400.

on 2/10/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

**See if you can get to a spa that offers the range and book a facial! Remember the P50's are offered in THREE sizes ask before you buy, try and get the 1.07 oz to try first. 1.07 oz / 5.1 oz./ 8.5 oz.
Places that carry Biologique product know it's very hard to find and will sell you the largest size first & in most cases may only carry 5.1 oz. or 8.5 oz.

I have the P50 - original (new formula WITHOUT phenol)

If this is your first time using an acid product, this maybe very irritating and your skin would need to adjust, or look into the other versions! I wouldn't give up on it as I've tried many 'acid' toners and even peels. I think Biologique have their formula spot on - I'd like to think my skin is very tough and durable (I'm combination/oily so it's also temperamental).

The original formula WITH phenol is said to be a little bit stronger, however; pH in the 1970-original is 3.5, the pH in the new formula WITHOUT phenol is 3.0.

For an acid product I'm so pleased, after a total of 5 uses (morning/evening for 2 days and a morning application) I noticed an immediate clarity, smoothness and healthy look to my skin. Dryness has dramatically reduced - this formula really sets the skin surface for serum and moisturizer. Seems to also control sebum production

SMELL: This has vinegar, you smell it immediately, with my nose the scent goes away after a few minutes and an application of moisturizer **Some say the original 1970 with phenol has a stronger smell.

TEXTURE: Very liquidy, will need a cotton pad, Pat and hold onto skin, DO NOT rub or apply loads of pressure in wiping. This is acid = tingle, cool burning...

FEEL: ...cool burn a bit stingy for a few seconds depending on what my skin is going through or what cleanser I use before hand. Let it sit on your skin for 5-10 minutes, let the product work before next steps.

Hopefully I'll be able to reduce usage to a couple of times a week, I do feel this is a product my skin will get dependent on because the formulation is so effective,

PRICE: Expensive, whether you pay dollars, pounds, or euros. I paid 50 or so, there was no conversion reduction as this retails for around $57-59, welp.

on 7/1/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

My review is for P50 1970. I have only been using it for three to four weeks so far at the time of this review. It is strong and it definitely works because of the phenol in this formula. I bought P50 1970 instead of the newer formula of P50 because I wasn't sure whether the newer formula of P50 would exfoliate effectively enough and I didn't want to waste any money!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and when I kept using P50 1970 in the first two weeks the fingertips of the hand I use to apply this with to my face kept peeling like a lizard and even though that has stopped those fingertips still feel like they were buffed really smoothly by something therefore something about P50 1970 really does work.

I would say that I made the mistake of using this twice a day, first in the mornings and then in the evenings of course, which was a huge mistake and exfoliated my face a little too much. So please don't make my mistake LOL : ) That exacerbated things so now I use P50 1970 in the evenings only and use First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads during the mornings for the moment.

After I use P50 1970 along with Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante that's when my skin really started to improve by leaps and bounds, feel smoother and acne started to clear up and pimples dried up and shrunk rather quickly! Oh I was so happy and I still am! : )

I use P50 1970 once a day in the evenings, Biologique Recherche Complexe Iribiol serum twice a day, Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil twice a day and Creme Dermopurifiante twice a day now and I use Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant twice a week. I'm glad that I found out about this brand for this exfoliator but especially for the Creme Dermopurifiante. : )

on 8/16/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for over 3 years and all I can say is watch out! This product is ADDICTIVE. I have become an addict to the soft radiant skin that is revealed only when I use this product. Since I started using P50, I get compliments on my skin so frequently that I wish I could just carry around samples of the stuff to give away. The only problem is when I run out of this stuff. I recently ran out and realized that my twice yearly expeditions (the large bottle lasts six months for me; a little really does go a long way) to Philadelphia from DC to purchase this stuff is absurd so I'm now surfing looking for this product online. Caveat emptor girls. Make sure you keep this stuff well stocked or you and your skin will go through a very sad withdrawal.