Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.6

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 6/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My partner bought the Lotion P50V 1970 for dry skin. He couldn’t use it because the smell of the phenol grossed him out so much, but I started using it to try to help my adult acne.

I have been using this for the past 4 months and barely made a dent in the medium bottle. I pour a few drops into my palm and pat it all over my face after washing my face with the pink Lunese Cyclic cleanser. It burns a little bit and makes my face red, but the phenol helps and my skin always looks amazing when I wake up in the morning. It smells absolutely disgusting, but I got used to it. You’re supposed to use this twice a day, but I’m afraid of people smelling it on me during the day, so I only use it once a day at night.

It has absolutely normalized my skin, making it less oily, reducing the size of my pores, and giving my skin a healthy glow. I get far less acne, my skin texture has improved, and the sebaceous filaments on my nose are barely perceptible. After I go through the bottle with phenol, I will probably try a gentler version without phenol for my next bottle, probably the P50W without phenol.

on 12/10/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm going to preface this review with do not order from Rescue Spa - as my review for another BR product didn't make the cut at a 1 star, but my two 5 star reviews did and when I inquired why, they never bothered answering. Hello, integrity? There are other places online to BR that allegedly provide more samples and they'll be getting my business now.

That being said, I'm going to leave my review I left for this product on their site here, because this toner is the bomb for my skin type.

I'd never heard of this before and after reading the reviews, I figured this would be perfect for my skin (thick, oily, congested). My normal routine is a Korean one, but the toners had been underwhelming and my skin while it looked great, was still congested and I needed more oomph. Enter this beauty! Upon my first application, no stinging which is no surprise as I have thick, oily skin that can tolerate a lot. It did numb a bit and the Chloraseptic smell is pretty strong, but fades rapidly.

The results were immediate and my skin was glowing from the first use. I jumped in applying twice a day, but I'd say start slower if you don't have skin like mine. My skin is now brighter, my blackheads are gone....and that's a freaking miracle for my 43 year old skin. I also had this weird congested pore by my eye that has lived there for years. I squeeze the contents out occasionally, but it always came back. After a month use, that thing has packed up and moved on and is almost gone with no picking on my end. This lotion doesn't dry me out, has given me a bit less oil production and seems to amp up the results of whatever I put on next. Highly recommend!

It's a bit expensive, but I got the middle size bottle and it's probably going to last me 4-6 months at two times a day.

on 10/30/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I tried, I really did. When I first started using P50, my skin was a mess. Dry, bumpy skin constantly riddled with 4-5 cysts and tons of scars to show for it. Reading all the glowing reviews online, I was convinced this would my skin's savior. In a lot of ways, it did live up to my expectations. My cysts began going away faster, my scars were almost erased. The problem? Every morning I woke up with a smattering of tiny pustules all over my face. You know the kind which bursts and drains while you shower with hot water. In the beginning it was slightly annoying but I overlooked it since my acne was almost gone and the skin surrounding the pustules was looking nice. I thought it was probably my skin purging and decided to give it a couple of months. It never stopped. Every morning I woke up to as many as 10 pustules. Most of them drained when I showered. But the redness around them lasted all day. It was frustrating to have clear skin for once but still having to wear makeup because these superficial pustules made it look like I was broken out. I stopped using P50 and the pustules stopped appearing after a week.

I started using Tazorac soon after and it was the answer to all my prayers to the skin god. After the peely, flaky, ugly phase was over, I had smooth, glowing, acne-free skin for the first time ever. I even started getting compliments on my skin. Then I got greedy. I thought I could make my skin look even better if I added P50 to the mix once or twice a week, all its previous troubles forgiven and forgotten. What a mistake. Like clockwork, I woke up to my cheeks covered in angry pustules. Never again. I decided that I wouldn't stray from my Tazorac + Aquaphor routine which has given me the best skin of my life.

on 8/8/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the P50 1970 liquid for about 6 weeks. I buy mine from TOSKASPA. ( Excellent fast service)
I suffer from clogged pores and I've used every single product on the market with no positive results. My skin is extremely picky and moody - so its been hard for me to find a really good product.

THIS WORKS!
It takes time but it works- my clogged pores are not gone but they are drastically reduced and I know for a fact with continued use they will be gone. I've had some of these clogged pores for years - so i know it will take some time for them to reach a head. I did suffer slight purging but nothing major- there were a few big zits - but I let them be - once i pick at them they become worse.

I use this every day after my shower - the best method for me is to pour the lotion on a cotton pad and spread across my face. I squeeze the cotton pad after and push whatever is left on to my skin-

It moisturizing and never leaves me with a tight feeling. There is a tingling feeling but it subsides quickly. The first few weeks of using this product my skin burned more but now my skin doesnt burn as much. The smell is a bit obnoxious but Im used to it. THINK CHLORASEPTIC throat spray. LOL

The only thing I hate is the price ! :(
Packaging could be better - but it is what it is!

I am grateful to finally have found this product- it HG for me.

on 11/8/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The following review is for Biologique Recherche lotion p50 new formula (no phenol know as the "1970 formula"

This stuff is everything it's praised to be. I've been using this for about 4 weeks, and it's changed my skin. It's smooth, calm and fine textured where it was once before textured, bumpy and uneven in tone.
Some people talk about the sting and the redness but honestly, it's not bad at all. I have very sensitive skin and I can tolerate this acid toner without dilution. Yes, my face sometimes gets red for a few minutes sometimes but it calms down quickly. There's no alcohol in this toner but there is vinegar. I'm told it's the preservative, which is ok with me :)

Would I buy this again? For as long as I can afford it, absolutely. I hate most skincare products but this is HG for me. It's amazing
***UPDATE*** I have a bottle of the 1970 Formula now as well, and I can say I prefer that formula. There is too much in the P50 new formula for me to use it every day much less every other day, just too many acids.

on 10/25/2016 10:11:00 AM

Ummmm I am a believer. I bought the sample size pf P50 (with phenol) (1.07 oz, so small) for about $27 and have been using it for about a week and, like, it works. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliation - I've tried everything, it's the only way my skin looks anywhere near ok, so the P50 has been on my "must-try" radar or a while. I was having a medium-bad breakout due to my nemesis Panthenol, so decided to just go for it. Also, aside from the 3-4 active blemishes I wanted to zap, my pores have just been super congested lately.

The first night I used it I had all the normal experiences: smells gross (old-fashioned medicinal), kinda burny, kinda numb due to the phenol, kinda red now but let's see how the situation fares in the morning. And the next morning I definitely noticed an improvement and was pleased, but at that point it was nothing to write home about.

But now, a week later, not only do I want to write home about it, I want to put a ring on it. It's that good. The breakout is nearly gone, pores are getting squeakier by the minute, and my overall texture and glow is so good. I haven't experienced ANY irritation or even dryness really - I've been careful to properly moisturize, but that hasn't always worked with other exfoliants in the past, and I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

The sample size, while small, will last a while too. You don't need a lot (I use kind of a lot, but that's just my preference) and the level hasn't really gone down yet. Hard to explain, but I'm sure the big size (which I am ordering ASAP) will last at least 6 months.

I have heart eyes for this product.

on 4/1/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am currently almost finished my first bottle of P50, and I really am happy with the effects on my skin. I have acne prone skin, oily, clogged pores. I use this morning and night. Even after first few weeks of starting P50 I noticed positive effects. After I use this my skin feels so plump and smooth. My skin has been purging through this currently (on and off), some days good and some days bad, but they are those little tiny white heads that pop up, and after using the P50 they are gone by the end of the day and dried up. The biggest change I've noticed with my skin is that at that time of the month when I get the larger cystic zits, they do not hurt and they go away much faster. Also any of the little zits I get go away in a day, and not a week as what was happening before I started using P50. My only concern is when does the purging stop, and if I can hope this may help treat my pimples permanently and not just help in meantime.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

*This review is for the P50 (without Phenol) version*

I made an account just to review this stuff because I am FULLY convinced this is the greatest thing out there (along with proper cleansing of course). I started having hormonal cystic acne breakouts a few years ago (I am 36, so wtf face?) after changing my birth control. I've taken Spironolactone for nearly that long to help control it, with varying degrees of success. Regular microdermabrasion/mini peels/extractions etc at my dermatologist, which helped a bit. Non-smoker and eat pretty healthy/drink tons of water so it was brutal watching my skin go dull and patchy with large cysts/breakouts. Have the terrible habit of scratching my skin, even in my sleep - so very often my poor skin won't even heal correctly after the cyst cycles... Le sigh.

I definitely rotated through a ton of products, trying to manage it but nothing ever REALLY worked 100%. My derm finally talked me into a much stronger peel than usual a while back and I was left with a large swath of milia on my chin and jaw as a result. Brutal :(

Long story short: I stumbled across P50 discussion in a comments section, which led me to a few great blogs and then finally to the absolutely amazing Caroline Hirons. I had already ordered it when I started reading her blogs on proper cleansing, so it came just at the right time.

I've been using the P50 lotion w/o Phenol for only 2 weeks and following Caroline Hirons cleansing routine to the letter and I am beyond thrilled with the results. I have only seen minor/tiny whitehead type of purge pimples. I haven't had any actual cysts in the past 2 weeks (other than the ones that were already there and are healing/gone now). My skin is looking and feeling the best it has since I was in my 20s. The milia from the peel has stared to subside, quickly! And full disclosure: I had forgotten to take a few of my daily RX on schedule and still haven't seen any new eruptions like I normally would. I did add a hydrating mist in on day 6 or so, because I noticed a few dry patches. They disappeared pretty quickly after that.

It has only been two weeks so I guess I should reserve full judgement for a while but I can't remember the last time I went 2 weeks with my face looking this clear and even toned. Even late at night I can touch my skin and it feels SOFT again. WHUT.
Highly recommend if you are into following a routine that will allow this to work properly. Good luck :)

What I'm using
AM Cleanser: Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip or Cetaphil or BR Lait U
PM Cleansers: Dermatologica Pre Cleanse Oil, Ole Henricksen Melting Gelee, Eve Lom Cleanser and then second cleanse with any of the above AM Cleansers
Acid Toner: P50, like duh
Hydrating Mist: Tata Harper or LRP Thermal Water
Serum: Ole Henricksen Vit C, 2 of the Caudalie line, Tata Harper
Moisturizers: Sunday Riley Bionic, La Solution 10 de Chanel, Embryolisse, Tata Harper

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of those expensive, "miracle" products that beauty editors praise, not found in your local drugstore... and it works.
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I was desperate to find something for my skin before my wedding. I have been using it for 7 months now, and my skin has been the best it's ever been. I've made homemade ACV toner before, so the smell doesn't bother me. I also don't experience stinging.(I have the version without phenol.)

My routine- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Wash, BR Lotion twice a day,Neutrogena Sunscreen in the morning, Kosmea Rosehip oil at night.

I occasionally get the monthly breakout, but I noticed my previous acne scars have lightened significantly and my forehead is no longer bumpy. I will continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a believer. I've been using generic tretinoin for over 2 years now - I do love tretinoin for its PIH-fading and skin-evening properties, but dryness was something I constantly fought, even in the warmer months. I also could never quite keep my hormonal acne at bay with it. P50, on the other hand, is a game-changer. I use the full strength version, twice a day, and I find it treats my skin while balancing its moisture levels. My skin is the clearest it has ever been - seriously. For the first time in 10 years, I feel comfortable wearing absolutely no makeup on my face. I will never not be without this.

EDIT: After 2 years of faithful usage, this has stopped working for me. It's possible that I used it too often, but while it used to give me smooth, even, glowing skin , it now gives me red, tight, irritated skin that's the texture of gravel. I won't be taking any lippies off, as I attribute this to my (likely) irresponsible usage of the product. It's still the most effective product I've used for controlling my hormonal acne and I hope to return to it at some point in the future!