Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.3

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? It’s an HG toner. For me, no other product compares bevause most acid toners irritate my skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and this has reduced my acne, helped fade scars, evened out my texture, brightened and plumped my skin up with moisture. I swear my moisture barrier is stronger since using this whereas it is normally weaker. However, I did purge at first for about 8 weeks. Expect the purge when you start this product and stick with it! I use the P50V 1970 version and I use it twice a day, AM and PM. The only thing I will say is that this doesn't completely prevent my cystic hormonal acne. I will probably need to go to the doctor for that.

Le meilleur toner acide exfoliant que j'ai jamais essayé! Ça sent mauvais mais ça marche! Le battage médiatique est réel sur celui-ci! Sérieusement, juste quelques utilisations et vous pouvez voir une différence dans votre peau. J'ai même cessé d'utiliser mon Sunday Riley Good Genes car il s'agit d'un produit étonnant qui travaille plus fort pour exfolier et illuminer ma peau. Si vous ne l'utilisez pas avec des produits acides ou agressifs, commencez avec le tonique éclatant de pixi, il est beaucoup plus doux que la lotion P50 1970. Ce toner n'est PAS pour quelqu'un qui commence tout juste à prendre soin de la peau

on 9/15/2018 10:20:00 AM

I got the P50T, because in Japan they have only a limited (three types, I believe) range of these toners. I was warned that it stinks to high heaven, and in the beginning I was shocked, but now I am used to it and I even use it in the mornings, because it does dissipate. It’s a pretty nasty sensation to apply it, because, even though I do not rub it in, I just pat it gently in upwards motions, as I was taught by the BR esthetician, it still tingles and reddens my skin. You have to be careful with what you put on next, because I noticed it doesn’t always mesh well with other essences or serums. For example, SKII Facial Treatment Essence or CosRX Centella Blemish Ampoule caused such massive redness and burning, that I had to wash my face immediately. Thankfully, it works well with other serums I love, so it’s not a major problem. I give it 5 stars because it really helps to clear, heal and keep my hormonal acne at bay, like nothing else. It’s a product that truly does what it says. The only place I would hesitate to use it on is the neck. As a previous reviewer said, it really dries and irritates the skin on the neck, so I use a different toner for that area. Overall I would repurchase because despite the smell and the other issues, it really clears up my skin, which is the reason I invested in it in the first place.

on 6/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My partner bought the Lotion P50V 1970 for dry skin. He couldn’t use it because the smell of the phenol grossed him out so much, but I started using it to try to help my adult acne.

I have been using this for the past 4 months and barely made a dent in the medium bottle. I pour a few drops into my palm and pat it all over my face after washing my face with the pink Lunese Cyclic cleanser. It burns a little bit and makes my face red, but the phenol helps and my skin always looks amazing when I wake up in the morning. It smells absolutely disgusting, but I got used to it. You’re supposed to use this twice a day, but I’m afraid of people smelling it on me during the day, so I only use it once a day at night.

It has absolutely normalized my skin, making it less oily, reducing the size of my pores, and giving my skin a healthy glow. I get far less acne, my skin texture has improved, and the sebaceous filaments on my nose are barely perceptible. After I go through the bottle with phenol, I will probably try a gentler version without phenol for my next bottle, probably the P50W without phenol.

on 4/3/2018 12:09:00 PM

This is the stuff!! I eased my way into using this because I wasn't sure what to expect. I have the 1970 version with phenol. It makes your face red and numb and is kind of stinky when you put it on but these effects don't last long. It seems to do amazing things for the clarity and tone of my skin. It also seems to help resolve minor breakouts and milia bumps without being overly drying. I am 51, and both my husband and adult daughter recently commented on how amazing my skin looks. I had been trying out CC creams for redness and blotchiness, but since using this every day or so, my own skin looks better than any coverage from a CC cream so I only need sunscreen and my under eye concealer. I started out with a travel size bottle, which was enough for many uses, but just reordered a bigger size. This is one skin care item that truly makes a difference. Worth the price!

on 12/10/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm going to preface this review with do not order from Rescue Spa - as my review for another BR product didn't make the cut at a 1 star, but my two 5 star reviews did and when I inquired why, they never bothered answering. Hello, integrity? There are other places online to BR that allegedly provide more samples and they'll be getting my business now.

That being said, I'm going to leave my review I left for this product on their site here, because this toner is the bomb for my skin type.

I'd never heard of this before and after reading the reviews, I figured this would be perfect for my skin (thick, oily, congested). My normal routine is a Korean one, but the toners had been underwhelming and my skin while it looked great, was still congested and I needed more oomph. Enter this beauty! Upon my first application, no stinging which is no surprise as I have thick, oily skin that can tolerate a lot. It did numb a bit and the Chloraseptic smell is pretty strong, but fades rapidly.

The results were immediate and my skin was glowing from the first use. I jumped in applying twice a day, but I'd say start slower if you don't have skin like mine. My skin is now brighter, my blackheads are gone....and that's a freaking miracle for my 43 year old skin. I also had this weird congested pore by my eye that has lived there for years. I squeeze the contents out occasionally, but it always came back. After a month use, that thing has packed up and moved on and is almost gone with no picking on my end. This lotion doesn't dry me out, has given me a bit less oil production and seems to amp up the results of whatever I put on next. Highly recommend!

It's a bit expensive, but I got the middle size bottle and it's probably going to last me 4-6 months at two times a day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice product.I was worried that the acids content would sting my sensitive dry face, but it never did so far, it is very gentle and refreshing. I use this only night and when I wake up in the morning my skin is looking fresh and glowy, not sure if it is thanks to this toner particularly but so far my regime is working well for me.
Only complaint I have about this toner is that it doesn't apply smoothly, I feel like i am dragging the cotton across my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading a few blogs that said it's as close to having perfect skin that you can buy in a bottle and who doesn't want that? I bought the lotion p50 New formula which is Phenol free. I have been using this for about a week only at night because I turn a rosy pink after applying this for at least two hours. It does leave my skin a bit on the sensitized side the next day as well so my sunscreen application is on high level right now. It has reduced some blackheads around my nose but increased the overall redness in my complexion, especially around my mouth and nose area. Its just like I'm using retin-a for the first time, same areas are a bit on the sensitive side. I'm hoping with continued used my skin will get used to the strength of the acids and the sensitivity will subside. But for now I am embracing the supposed P50 "glow" because I don't wear foundation. The packaging is much cheaper than I had expected for the price. I love a beautiful glass bottle in my medicine cabinet, or something equally chic. I don't mind the price because you get a good deal worth of product, but if its just your basic AHA/BHA toner that is neither natural or organic how is this different or special? Because I am really happy that tons of Celebs love it but we all have different skin and I might be singing a different tune in a month or two but as for this moment I think I just wasted a couple classes worth of Soulcycle money on this!

on 8/18/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

8.18.16: Why can't I have nice things?? Why can't this miracle product that everyone raves about work for me? I got greedy. My skin was actually looking halfway decent and I had to go and try and make it perfect. Now it's ruined for at least the next few months. I must come to terms with the fact that I will never have perfect skin. I just won't. And this was not a miracle for me. It was a fucking curse. I have 5 new ENORMOUS cystic pimples on my cheeks and lip. My cheeks haven't broken out in at least a year. I had them looking ok. Now I have to wait out these ugly red angry monsters. They don't even have a head to them. They're just red and sore and ugly. This sucks. Test it out before you slop it all over your face like my dumb ass did. I get excited with new products. Especially those called "Jesus in a bottle." I expected a purge, but there is no fucking way I'm putting up with anymore cystic pimples like these. I can't. I don't even want to look in the mirror. This REALLY sucks. For those of you who love it, I'm happy. But for those of us with finicky skin, the search for "Jesus in a bottle" continues, because he sure as hell wasn't in there for me.

UPDATE 8.25.16: Alright. I've given this stuff a little time. I was a bit overwhelmed when I wrote my first review because my face looked like shit. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I started off too strong, I think. I figured since I already use acids regularly, I could just use this full strength, and I don't recommend that to anyone. Start slowly. Wet a cotton pad and apply your P50 to that to dilute it a bit. After writing my previous review, I took a day off, and wrote an email to customer service at Rescue Spa where I ordered from. They responded fairly quickly with very detailed tips. I will admit I didn't follow directions 100%, because the Biologique Recherche line is stupid expensive and I spend enough money on skincare as it is. I kept using my P50 day and night on a wet cotton pad as suggested, and a lot of these huge pimples have started to go down. NexCare acne absorbing covers have been a lifesaver with these spots. (Seriously, if you've never tried them, they are fantastic for absorbing the goo outta your faceholes overnight, and super cheap!)

The reason I gave this a second chance was because my skin, where NOT broken out, looks good. Like, really good. I can see a glow in there, trying SO hard to break through. I am glad I didn't give up. I will update again in another few weeks. Hopefully my rating on this product will eventually make it all the way to 5 lippies.

UPDATE 9.19.16: Nope. The glow was a figment of my imagination. The purging slowed, but I saw little improvement. I now have many new spots of hyperpigmentation to get rid of. I tried really hard to like this, and I used it as directed, slowly upping the strength by lowering how much I diluted with water. This product just isn't good for me. Back to my cosRX blackhead power liquid. Much cheaper and better results for me!!

on 4/1/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am currently almost finished my first bottle of P50, and I really am happy with the effects on my skin. I have acne prone skin, oily, clogged pores. I use this morning and night. Even after first few weeks of starting P50 I noticed positive effects. After I use this my skin feels so plump and smooth. My skin has been purging through this currently (on and off), some days good and some days bad, but they are those little tiny white heads that pop up, and after using the P50 they are gone by the end of the day and dried up. The biggest change I've noticed with my skin is that at that time of the month when I get the larger cystic zits, they do not hurt and they go away much faster. Also any of the little zits I get go away in a day, and not a week as what was happening before I started using P50. My only concern is when does the purging stop, and if I can hope this may help treat my pimples permanently and not just help in meantime.