Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.5

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 4/13/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am using the P50T, which is the "milder" version, and the only one available in my area. I have been using it on a nightly basis for about 3 weeks and I can already see a difference - a lot less blackheads and whiteheads on the nose (~70% less), smaller looking pores on the cheeks, and generally more refined looking skin all over. I use this only at night, after a double cleanse, and I use an uru-uru sponge to apply (another must-have item, a cotton pad that isnt actually a cotton pad), wait for it to dry (~5-10 minutes), then apply my hydrating serums/essences/oil/cream (whatever I feel like my skin needs that night). The next morning, my skin feels extraordinarily soft and smooth. Keep in mind though that if you are not used to acids or have sensitive skin, go slow. The salon where I bought this from actually gave me a call about a month after I bought this to check on whether I had any adverse reactions - I guess some people might have had bad experiences, so be careful. Normally I only post reviews after being a longtime user (a few months), but there's such visible results that I might as well get this review out of the way now. I would probably repurchase this, unless I find something cheaper and at least as good. Price might be a barrier for some (I got this for S$120, I think) but the bottle looks like it might last me at least 6 months of nightly use. So for something that works well and lasts this long, I think the price is worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This review is for Biologique Recherche P50 without phenol.
I love P50, it's maybe the best product I've ever used on my face. Let me tell you a little about my skin: I'm 25 years old, I have normal skin, but it's very thin and sensitive, so I find it quite hard to find products that don't irritate my skin.
I started using P50 on February 24th and have used it every night since. Before using this exfoliating toner, I was using another product that I also love (Dr. Taffi - Before Treatment Lotion), so my skin was already used to AHAs. The first time I used P50 I was expecting some stinging on my skin, but surprisingly there was no stinging at all. What impressed me the most was that P50 felt very hydrating and didn't leave my skin feeling tight.
I did go through a little purging phase, I had 3 little pimples on my left cheek and 2 little pimples on my right cheek. This was unusual for me because I never get pimples on my cheeks. But anyway, the pimples were gone in less than a week.
This lotion has evened out my skin tone, my skin is dewy, smooth and clear. To me P50 is perfect, photoshoped skin in a bottle and I'm not exaggerating; no other product has given me such visible results.
I use 10 drops of P50 on a cotton pad every night. The smell doesn't bother me at all, I even find it pleasant, but maybe that's because I'm a pharmacist, so I'm used to foul-smelling concoctions.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of those expensive, "miracle" products that beauty editors praise, not found in your local drugstore... and it works.
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I was desperate to find something for my skin before my wedding. I have been using it for 7 months now, and my skin has been the best it's ever been. I've made homemade ACV toner before, so the smell doesn't bother me. I also don't experience stinging.(I have the version without phenol.)

My routine- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Wash, BR Lotion twice a day,Neutrogena Sunscreen in the morning, Kosmea Rosehip oil at night.

I occasionally get the monthly breakout, but I noticed my previous acne scars have lightened significantly and my forehead is no longer bumpy. I will continue to purchase this product.

on 10/1/2014 3:16:00 PM

This is my HG exfoliating toner! I can never imagine myself without this product! It makes my skin look better 10x before i started using this beauty in a bottle. Aghh! I cant express the love for this toner.... It makes my skin GLOW! A forever stAple in my skincare routine;) worth every penny! (Make sure to get the p50 1970 formula) .

on 7/1/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

My review is for P50 1970. I have only been using it for three to four weeks so far at the time of this review. It is strong and it definitely works because of the phenol in this formula. I bought P50 1970 instead of the newer formula of P50 because I wasn't sure whether the newer formula of P50 would exfoliate effectively enough and I didn't want to waste any money!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and when I kept using P50 1970 in the first two weeks the fingertips of the hand I use to apply this with to my face kept peeling like a lizard and even though that has stopped those fingertips still feel like they were buffed really smoothly by something therefore something about P50 1970 really does work.

I would say that I made the mistake of using this twice a day, first in the mornings and then in the evenings of course, which was a huge mistake and exfoliated my face a little too much. So please don't make my mistake LOL : ) That exacerbated things so now I use P50 1970 in the evenings only and use First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads during the mornings for the moment.

After I use P50 1970 along with Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante that's when my skin really started to improve by leaps and bounds, feel smoother and acne started to clear up and pimples dried up and shrunk rather quickly! Oh I was so happy and I still am! : )

I use P50 1970 once a day in the evenings, Biologique Recherche Complexe Iribiol serum twice a day, Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil twice a day and Creme Dermopurifiante twice a day now and I use Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant twice a week. I'm glad that I found out about this brand for this exfoliator but especially for the Creme Dermopurifiante. : )

on 9/25/2012 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

How can something so foul be so freaking good? I am not kidding about the "foul" - this stuff smells like something died, then was splashed with gasoline, burned and finaly liquified just in time to be bottled and passed on the eager consumers lining up at a uber fancy French pharmacy counter...YUCK!!!
I remember when i got my first bottle, I was so surprised by the stench that i was convinced that i must have gotten a bad batch or something! I was assured that the smell was normal and that the preformance will make it all worthwhile! I was sceptical to say the least and almost afraid to put it on my face, fearing some kind of horrible acid burn lol
Since this is stuff can be hard to find and the price isnt exactly cheap i dont use a cotton pad to apply it - instead i pour a few drops in the palm of my hand and just gently pat it on my face. Surprisingly the burning/tingling sensation is not that strong but the skin does go a little numb for the first few minutes (scary!). It doesnt get absorbed completely on me, my face feels plump and slightly tacky to the touch. However its not a film or a greasy layer that can "pill" later - just a moisture "trapped" feeling that makes your skin feel smooth as silk, reminescent of silicone. The smell doesnt last - its completely undetectable after a few minutes and i am kind of getting used to it.
This toning exfoliator has definitively transformed my skin more than anything else i have ever used before. My skin is glowy, plumped, clear and calm - breakouts are almost non-existant and i always notice a difference if i stop using it :) Grrrr...now if only they sold it in at the drugstore, then it would be perfect...Until then i will gladly pay the high shipping fees to Canada and hoard it like a crazy cat lady! Its the one thing in my bathroom that i dont share :)

on 7/9/2012 1:46:00 AM

I was bumped into this product while ordering Institut Esthederm's NO SUN. It is said to be a cult favorite among celebrities. I have been using this for two weeks now and my oh my! how my pores shrunk and my skin feels baby butt soft. I love love love this product!, my husband is also using this too! and raves about it. Now it had become our very first Holy Grail. I have normal skin and break out once in awhile. My husband on has horrible oily sensitive skin and breaks out every day. I highly recommend this product. My husbands skin has almost completely calm down from breaking out. It's pricey but worth every penny!!. I got mine from rescue rittenhouse spa shoprescuespa.com

on 11/19/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Other

really I give this 5+ stars. because it is the one skin product I can not live without!
even though, broken down, I give it
5 stars for effectivity
4 stars for price - it is very pricey, yet it really lasts a LONG time!
4 stars for packaging - it's easy to travel with, and stays sanitary, yet is not very pretty

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet, as it is my withoutadoubt, hands down, HG toner for years now. I swear I can basically use anything else on my face now, as long as I use this daily, my skin will be in pretty good shape.

I first discovered this from my aesthetician in NYC who saved my skin.

(In my mid-20s, from what I assume was a change in hormones, my skin started breaking out reallllly bad. Worse than ever before. I have always been prone to break-outs, and had oily skin since around age10, but suddenly I had cystic acne covering my cheeks and could find nothing to help!)

Through a series of regular extracting facials and daily use of this toner my skin was healed, and has been better than ever since!

This smells bad, like chloraseptic throat spray. But I don't mind because it works better than anything. I think it has the numbing agent from chloraseptic since it is so strong and maybe that helps your face handle the strength of it. but I am not sure on that point. It exfoliates, non abrasively, heals everything and keeps my pores clear. Cleans off any residue of anything living on your skin. I wish I could bathe in this stuff. Is alcohol free, has healing herbs, and sulphur. There are a couple versions for regular or sensitive skin, but I use the strong one and even with my slightly sensitive skin, never have any problems.

hard to find but acnewizard sells it and has great customer service imho :)

so if you are prone to break outs, or congestion, and/or want to keep your skin glowing, healthy, and clear, use this! don't be scared of the price - a little really goes a long way - one bigger bottle lasts me 6 months or more!

on 8/21/2007 8:53:00 PM

not for sensitive skin!! i have combo skin and i found that it was extremely harsh. my face tingles and stings afterwards, which was expected (after reading reviews), but no real progess in my skin! a pricey mistake. . .

on 2/19/2004 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It stinks but it works! A permanent resident in my medicine cabinet for about a year now even my hubby reaches for it for the occasional razor bumps. Who cares if it stinks like onions rotting in a lab? Twice a day on a damp cotton pad keeps nasty bumps off your face.