Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

3.9

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 4/2/2019 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best toner EVER! Rescue Spa recommended the 1970 version for me. I am oily, very acne prone, hormonal acne, and my skin doesn't get dried out easily. I would highly recommend you go to a spa to see which version of P50 is for you, or you can email Rescue Spa!

It smells like old school medicine, like throat spray. It's a strong smell, but I have gotten used to it now. First day of application, I did not experience any burning or irritation. For some reason my skin just ADORES this product and I haven't had a negative reaction yet. I use this on my face twice a day with a cotton pad, then I bring it down to my neck, chest, and even back! No irritation at all and it's great for getting baby smooth skin.

My face looks so clean, smooth, and crystal clear. It's even good for healing acne. If I get a pimple, P50 1970 calms down the irritation and it disappears fast. Love this product so much and it's worth every penny.

on 3/31/2019 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Short summary: This toner did not work well for me. It irritated my skin and caused me to break out in little red and small white bumps. I also experienced few of the magical benefits ascribed to it - no diminishment in hyperpigmentation.

As I’ve said in many reviews there is a difference between expensive and overpriced and I am 100% fine w/expensive but overpriced I am not and this product is definitely overpriced for me as it simply didn’t work. A little bit about me - my skin is already fairly good and while I don’t want to sound vain, I’m going to let you know the pros so you can see how it impacted my skin. My skin is pretty much pore free, smooth, almost no lines - I’m 50, I don’t break out. I’ve been on a regimen of retina, rotating arsenal of mid to high strength acids, vitamin C, antioxidants, anti-aging serums and of course the most imp’t of all sunscreen. The thing I don’t like about my skin is its tendency towards hyperpigmentation. I had read that P50 could help with this so thought I would give it a try.

The P50 toner has done nothing for the hyperpigmentation. It didn’t make things worse but rather just didn’t effect the spots at all. That would be fine but my skin experienced the following negative reactions as well:
-my normally smooth skin very quickly felt less smooth. I began seeing these little raised white dots on my skin and a few weeks later red dots around my chin and upper cheeks.
-my skin felt irritated, looked slightly flushed all the time
-my skin started to look dry. It looked dehydrated for the first time and as another reviewer said, my skin’s previous supple, moist texture felt dry and papery
-smells like formaldehyde. I know others indicated this smells like vinegar - which I would be fine with - but this smells just like formaldehyde. I couldn’t figure out why the scent was so offensive and familiar and finally read another reviewer’s assessment that it smelled like the solution that you preserved the frogs in in biology class. She hit the pin on the head for sure with that. It smells terrible and I would NEVER put this on in the daytime even if it worked. The scent just lingers all around you throughout the day. You’ll want to make sure your husband/sleeping partner is OK with the scent as it’s very potent.

If it works for you I believe this product like many others is a good value for your money. The bottle will last you a long time and what’s a $100 for a product that will last over 6 months?

Lastly, I ordered from Vicki Morav and was impressed by their service. Package came quickly and she included some generous samples in a cute, little organza bag.

on 3/10/2019 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased the large bottle and it lasted me an entire year. I used it primarily in the morning and occasionally at night. It does have a strong vinegar that does not appeal to everyone one but it dissipates quickly. After a month of use my skin was clearer, it had less bumpiness and texture and it helped fade new hyperpigmention and even helped older marks as well. It did not drastically reduce pore size, which is one of the reasons I purchased it but it is still a great acid toner. Will absolutely repurchase after I clear more of my stash.

on 2/25/2019 6:18:00 AM

I bought this product with so much hopes and so much anticipation but ended up so disappointed. You see I get to the point where I would buy anything the internet will recommend, from BP, Salicylic, Glycolic, tea tree. sulfur, aha bha, propolis, YOU FREAKIN NAME IT I have it in here, wasted so much money then I ran to people raving about this so I purchased it for 99AUD plus $10 shipping, I havent gotten any difference on my skin but hey need to be patient right? It burns/sting when I put it on but no biggie, I've heard it's normal not unless you wake up with couple of big red patches on your face and continues to progress after 1 hour right??!! I went straight to ER, and drs. prescribed me tablets and got steroid shots, well hey not just I wasted money buying this but I lost 1 day of work and had to buy medications for the allergies, be very careful people. Now if you are from AUS if u still wanna buy u can buy mine for $50 pretty much full.

on 12/13/2018 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Pricey but totally worth it. I use this every other night, AHA on the off nights. I’m trying to avoid microdermabrasion as long as I can. This is doing the trick-no huge period breakout this month. Tingly but I somehow think that is evidence that it is working!

I believed Lotion P 50 by Biologique Recherche would be a HG and bought the little bottle to test it first. Unfortunately, it did diminish my pores a little bit but at the cost of really drying out my 40-year old combination skin and giving it a paper-like feel. The smell is horrible and I really had to avoid my husbands good night kiss for a while.
If you are looking after a dramatic difference, I recommend Peter Thomas Roths Un-wrinkle peel pads that keep my pores as small as possible and hydrate and polish like nobodies business. A cheaper alternative that comes close is Ordinary's Peeling Solution Mask (AHA 30%). I'm glad I tested the Lotion first! It was worth giving it a try, maybe it's supposed to work on younger or oilier skin!

No one quote knows how to describe the smell, however the smell actually comes from phenol, which is a key component of embalming fluid. The use of this chemical makes this fluid extremely potent and effective.

on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 AM

Don’t bother, go straight for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Toner and skip this. Biologique Recherche as a brand is loaded with animal ingredients- pig collagen... amniotic liquid and placenta. I am saying the brand, not this lotion specifically. The Ordinary toner costs less than 10 USD and does same job.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As a black woman who has to be very picky about what products I put on my skin, I happened to stumble a popular YouTuber going through finer skincare items. I was a bit nervous about this product as the price isn't exactly a walk in the park. After getting a sample size of this I fell in love with my skin.

As someone who doesn't have an unlimited budget, I try to budget this in every 4-6 months and rotate it with my Pixi Glow Tonic. If I was really abrasive with my skin then it will tingle a lot but overall it made my skin clearer and my pores smaller.