Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.3

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 12/26/2017 11:31:00 AM

this helped me get rid of the whiteheads i used to have on my forehead. it doesn't seem to be as effective on my cheeks, but I'm grateful for what it did on my forehead. my skin is pretty tough from regular chemical peels, but this stung a little and made my face feel warm and tingly the first time I applied it... so I would recommend to go slow with this one, if your skin is sensitive. it absorbs quickly, even if I apply more than necessary, which I really, REALLY appreciate. while I'm trying to figure out if I can justify purchasing the big bottle I'm not using it that much because I don't want to run out, so I can't remember if I saw any hydration improvement on my skin but I never experienced any excessive dryness from this. I would buy a small bottle and see if you love it. Use it regularly until you run out and if you don't love it, don't buy it, it's way too expensive to buy if you only like it.

on 11/8/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

35, oily, sensitive, hormonal breakouts, bad texture and tone, hyper pigmentation from acne, redness, basically: nightmare skin! I started with p50w but worked my way up with a damp cotton pad 2x a week, to twice daily, then swapped to p50. My skin did shed and purge for several weeks, it wasn't sore or red, just shedding very quickly, exfoliating in the morning with a muslin cloth would still mean by the afternoon I would have snake face! I'm glad I stuck with it though. I've been using it for 3 years now, in that time I've introduced retin-a and also vit-c. I also use CAIS by niod which I think made my skin less sensitive and reactive. My skin is great now, the texture and tone and really smooth and clear, the fine lines around my eyes that had began to form before using this has disappeared, no new wrinkles so far, not bad for an ex smoker and being late to spf, so fingers crossed. It does last, and I use it daily, it knocked a lot of other products away so has saved me money.

(44 yrs old, originally dry, but now more on the normal/dry) I've been using Biologique Recherche P50 for two years and cannot imagine my nightly routine without it. It smells like Chloraseptic and it can "tingle" (translation- burn); both things I have come to love. I could probably substitute most of my skincare with similar products, but you won't find me without retinol, P50, or my homemade vitamin C serum. These three items have made the greatest difference in my skin.

on 3/14/2017 12:42:00 PM

I've been using this twice a day for three weeks, and while it hasn't done anything bad to my skin, it hasn't done that much to improve it either. There's just...nothing to report, to be honest. It's a toner. It does smell like dirty hair and vinegar, but that doesn't bother me if it works. I will update if things change while I finish the bottle, but at this point I'm not convinced it's the miracle product it's been made out to be.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is pretty much the bees knees. I use the Lotion P50 phenol free version, and I refer to it as a magic potion. Best beauty purchase I've made in a long time. if you're on the fence about buying it, just go for it. Thank me later. They have different versions of P50, I have also tried the PIGM 400, and it's ok, but it does not give me the glow that regular p50 does. My bank account hates that I'm addicted to this, but my face is very thankful and glowy.

on 1/12/2017 8:18:00 PM

Firstly let me just say that I don't care how much this stuff costs or what the packaging looks like! It is the actual product I am reviewing. When something is this good it could cost £1,000 and come in a milk bottle for all I care!

I am using P50 without phenol and it is the best product I have ever used. This is my second bottle and I have only been using it for 2.5 weeks. The reason is because I was so inconsistent with my first bottle. I have always had clear skin although a bit on the dry side and I ruined my skin by using OCM! That was over 2 years ago and it has never recovered. Not acne as such but loads of blocked pores that just kept coming and coming no matter what I did or used or how many facials I had with acid peels and extractions. When I originally used this it made my skin worse! The blocked pores turned massive and loads more appeared so I would stop using it and then trying again a couple of days/a week later with the same results so eventually I gave up. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and with my skin still so bad I decided to buy another bottle and try again. Again my skin got worse but as seeing as it didn't seem to matter what I did I just followed the directions exactly. I used it twice a day undiluted. I am telling you all that the purge is real! It was not making my skin worse it was just bringing everything out! Even ones deep beneath the skin that I didn't know I had. My skin is smooth and even though I have still got a few blocked pores they are tiny and are almost gone. They are so easy to extract when they make it to the surface. Just push through the purge and you will get there. I have a facial booked so the last few can be extracted. So happy with this and wish I had been this consistent in the first place!

I agree with all the rave reviews here. In fact, I have a hard time believing that this has been the cause of some of the less flattering views here. This is mot the kind of product that would cause cystic acne IMO. Not unless someone is highly allergic to something in it. Which quite frankly the responsibility of the person with allergies to discern what they are allergic to. Some people are sensitive and allergic to everything and it's not a products fault for not addressing EVERY need, Bottom line for me is that this really given me the best skin I've had in a decade!

on 8/26/2016 4:07:00 PM

Biologique Recherche--Could it be? Products that actually live up to the hype and cult-like status?
Finally, yes, skincare that lives up to all its accolades. I recently clawed my way out of the trenches of having three toddlers at the same time and have a little more time and energy to look at beauty blogs and videos. And to find out that I now know nothing about new products or better ways for products to work together. Luckily, I did find a few beauty bloggers who I trusted for knowledgeable and honest advice. Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50 (Original 1970 version) and Masque Vivant were mentioned over and over again. BR pretty much has an international cult-like following for being amazingly effective, but adding to the mystique, there are only a few places in the US that you can order it from. The products aren't cheap, but with all the good reviews and rapidly approaching 42, I bit the bullet and ordered a few items from The Rescue Spa. Along with Lotion P50 (1970), I got the Creme Dermopurifiante and the Masque Vivant. In product reviews on site after site, there were quite a few (okay, a lot) of people who said that the products smelled really odd, and they do. It reminds me of when my dad brewed his own beer. If there are any Washington, DC people reading this, it smells like the 9:30 club circa 1992. So they do smell strange, but they really really work, better and faster than anything I've every used. Just in the first 3 days I used it, I got 4 compliments. Not sure my husband is too thrilled by the scent judging by the look on his face when I told him to smell it, but he did say, "wow, your skin looks good today" before I told him I had tried something new.

on 8/19/2016 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing really changed, didn't purge, had the glow, pores stayed same, hate the smell, decent acid, but was it worth the hype?

on 7/5/2016 7:24:00 AM

I have combination skin. I don't really have a problem with breakouts but I started noticing fine lines and dullness this past year. I started researching skin care and I came upon the P50 lotion 1970 version. It's not really a lotion, it's an acid toner. I use this in my daytime routine. I wash my face, then apply this toner. Once my skin is dry, I go in with my CoQ 10 toner and serums and oils. My skin has never looked better. This toner smells horrible. It smells like chloraseptic throat spray. My skin did not burn with this but in some areas it tingled. I didn't get any redness either after application. The smell does dissipate. I now think of skincare like medicine and it's not supposed to smell good. I would rather a company spend money on high quality ingredients than fragrance. This toner works well to eat away all the dead skin and prep my skin to absorb all the good oils and lotions I put on it. My makeup lays better now. I use half the foundation I used to. I also had two large deep pimples on my face that disappeared 2 days after using this. It is expensive and I bought mine on rescue spa. You only need a small amount. I use the shiesedo cotton squares because they hold onto less product. A cotton ball would eat up too much of this product.