Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

3.3

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading a few blogs that said it's as close to having perfect skin that you can buy in a bottle and who doesn't want that? I bought the lotion p50 New formula which is Phenol free. I have been using this for about a week only at night because I turn a rosy pink after applying this for at least two hours. It does leave my skin a bit on the sensitized side the next day as well so my sunscreen application is on high level right now. It has reduced some blackheads around my nose but increased the overall redness in my complexion, especially around my mouth and nose area. Its just like I'm using retin-a for the first time, same areas are a bit on the sensitive side. I'm hoping with continued used my skin will get used to the strength of the acids and the sensitivity will subside. But for now I am embracing the supposed P50 "glow" because I don't wear foundation. The packaging is much cheaper than I had expected for the price. I love a beautiful glass bottle in my medicine cabinet, or something equally chic. I don't mind the price because you get a good deal worth of product, but if its just your basic AHA/BHA toner that is neither natural or organic how is this different or special? Because I am really happy that tons of Celebs love it but we all have different skin and I might be singing a different tune in a month or two but as for this moment I think I just wasted a couple classes worth of Soulcycle money on this!

on 2/13/2017 11:31:00 AM

So, maybe I should have waited a bit more to write this review, since I have only used this two times. But thing is, I don't think I'll be using this again! I don't have acne, never had, just the ocasional hormonal breakouts. I never wear foundation or TM. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and I have used acids like AHA's and BHA's, as well as retin A for years. I used this like any other acid. Washed my face, waited 10 minutes to regulate my Ph, then applied the acid with a cotton pad, waited 10 minutes and applied a gentle moisturizer (Clinique overnight moisture mask). Also, I applied what was left on the cotton pad to my neck and woke up with a red, irritated neck.This stuff broke me out like hell. Not big pimples, but tiny white heads everywhere. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one because maybe that's just my personal reaction, but damn, didn't expect such a bad outcome. I don't believe in the 'purging' theory, my skin is ok, there's nothing to purge. I'll upload some pictures that I just took and will update this review in a few days and if I ever get the courage to use it again. But as of now, I doubt it.

on 8/18/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this brand ...

But, every product so far ... No, no, NO!

For my skin type, that is.

If this product wreaks havoc on your complexion, find someone who can love it and benefit from it (from the many glowing reviews - these people are out there!) - give it to them and buy yourself Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA.

Everyone is different, but for me - the gentler the better.

This product burnt my skin and turned it bright pink.

I tried using it on several occasions varying cleanser types/wait times and each time - pain and irritation.

on 8/18/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

8.18.16: Why can't I have nice things?? Why can't this miracle product that everyone raves about work for me? I got greedy. My skin was actually looking halfway decent and I had to go and try and make it perfect. Now it's ruined for at least the next few months. I must come to terms with the fact that I will never have perfect skin. I just won't. And this was not a miracle for me. It was a fucking curse. I have 5 new ENORMOUS cystic pimples on my cheeks and lip. My cheeks haven't broken out in at least a year. I had them looking ok. Now I have to wait out these ugly red angry monsters. They don't even have a head to them. They're just red and sore and ugly. This sucks. Test it out before you slop it all over your face like my dumb ass did. I get excited with new products. Especially those called "Jesus in a bottle." I expected a purge, but there is no fucking way I'm putting up with anymore cystic pimples like these. I can't. I don't even want to look in the mirror. This REALLY sucks. For those of you who love it, I'm happy. But for those of us with finicky skin, the search for "Jesus in a bottle" continues, because he sure as hell wasn't in there for me.

UPDATE 8.25.16: Alright. I've given this stuff a little time. I was a bit overwhelmed when I wrote my first review because my face looked like shit. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now. I started off too strong, I think. I figured since I already use acids regularly, I could just use this full strength, and I don't recommend that to anyone. Start slowly. Wet a cotton pad and apply your P50 to that to dilute it a bit. After writing my previous review, I took a day off, and wrote an email to customer service at Rescue Spa where I ordered from. They responded fairly quickly with very detailed tips. I will admit I didn't follow directions 100%, because the Biologique Recherche line is stupid expensive and I spend enough money on skincare as it is. I kept using my P50 day and night on a wet cotton pad as suggested, and a lot of these huge pimples have started to go down. NexCare acne absorbing covers have been a lifesaver with these spots. (Seriously, if you've never tried them, they are fantastic for absorbing the goo outta your faceholes overnight, and super cheap!)

The reason I gave this a second chance was because my skin, where NOT broken out, looks good. Like, really good. I can see a glow in there, trying SO hard to break through. I am glad I didn't give up. I will update again in another few weeks. Hopefully my rating on this product will eventually make it all the way to 5 lippies.

UPDATE 9.19.16: Nope. The glow was a figment of my imagination. The purging slowed, but I saw little improvement. I now have many new spots of hyperpigmentation to get rid of. I tried really hard to like this, and I used it as directed, slowly upping the strength by lowering how much I diluted with water. This product just isn't good for me. Back to my cosRX blackhead power liquid. Much cheaper and better results for me!!

on 7/5/2016 7:24:00 AM

I have combination skin. I don't really have a problem with breakouts but I started noticing fine lines and dullness this past year. I started researching skin care and I came upon the P50 lotion 1970 version. It's not really a lotion, it's an acid toner. I use this in my daytime routine. I wash my face, then apply this toner. Once my skin is dry, I go in with my CoQ 10 toner and serums and oils. My skin has never looked better. This toner smells horrible. It smells like chloraseptic throat spray. My skin did not burn with this but in some areas it tingled. I didn't get any redness either after application. The smell does dissipate. I now think of skincare like medicine and it's not supposed to smell good. I would rather a company spend money on high quality ingredients than fragrance. This toner works well to eat away all the dead skin and prep my skin to absorb all the good oils and lotions I put on it. My makeup lays better now. I use half the foundation I used to. I also had two large deep pimples on my face that disappeared 2 days after using this. It is expensive and I bought mine on rescue spa. You only need a small amount. I use the shiesedo cotton squares because they hold onto less product. A cotton ball would eat up too much of this product.

Skin Type: Fair, combination/oily, clog-prone, hormonal acne during TOTM.

I don't think I've ever had a worse experience with a product before. I've been using BHA products religiously for years, my favorite being Paula's Choice CLEAR BHA 2% Lotion. It has kept my skin clear for the most part, but I still get hormonal cystic pimples on my chin and around my mouth at times. I've seen good reviews of this product for people with hormonal acne, so I thought why not give this a shot. I did a consultation first with the Aida Bicaj salon online and was recommended the P50 toner, Masque Vivant, Creme Dermopurifiante, Serum Iribiol for T-zone, and VIP 02 serum. All of which total a little over $600. I purchased the Masque Vivant, P50 toner, and Creme Dermopurifiante (moisturizer).

Now my skin is not particularly sensitive, and I am accustomed to using acids on my face twice a day. I used this product daily, and perhaps I should have only used it twice a week at first, but I figured my skin is pretty much used to being exfoliated. Initially, results were good for the first week. Skin was clear, dewy, supple. My biggest issue was the incessant itching on certain parts of my face and neck. I had to resist the urge not to scratch my neck off during the first half hour of applying. The itching NEVER stopped, even when I didn't use the P50 toner. The second week, I was getting minor breakouts but I figured it was because of TOTM. Third week, my skin was looking blotchy, it was still itching, and now I was getting more breakouts even after TOTM passed, which is unusual for me. Fourth week, I woke up with a massive itchy bump on right cheek, which I took for a bug bite, even though it didn't resemble a mosquito bite.

A few days later, the day of a VERY important seminar for my job, I woke up with another bump in the same spot, but it looked more like a pimple and definitely not a bug bite. I covered it up initially, but the problem? I had to sit through the entire seminar with my makeup off, as we were studying skincare and makeup application. Maybe it sounds silly, but it was hugely embarrassing for me to be the only person looking like a zitty 15-year-old the entire time. When I got home and really examined my skin, I realized was this really worth it to look like this for a cult favorite beauty product? I thought it was purging, but it started to resemble irritation more and more. I had also been using Masque Vivant to help with the breakouts twice a week, which did absolutely nothing. The Creme Dermopurifiante was a nice decent moisturizer, but ultimately didn't help with the breakouts either. Not to mention, the smell of ALL of these were truly awful. My boyfriend is not picky at all, but the smell bothered even him. I've finally given them up and my skin recovered and looks much better already. Going back to Paula's Choice.

I gave it two stars because I know I'm in the minority and I think its a well-formulated product but it just didn't work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This review is for Biologique Recherche P50 without phenol.
I love P50, it's maybe the best product I've ever used on my face. Let me tell you a little about my skin: I'm 25 years old, I have normal skin, but it's very thin and sensitive, so I find it quite hard to find products that don't irritate my skin.
I started using P50 on February 24th and have used it every night since. Before using this exfoliating toner, I was using another product that I also love (Dr. Taffi - Before Treatment Lotion), so my skin was already used to AHAs. The first time I used P50 I was expecting some stinging on my skin, but surprisingly there was no stinging at all. What impressed me the most was that P50 felt very hydrating and didn't leave my skin feeling tight.
I did go through a little purging phase, I had 3 little pimples on my left cheek and 2 little pimples on my right cheek. This was unusual for me because I never get pimples on my cheeks. But anyway, the pimples were gone in less than a week.
This lotion has evened out my skin tone, my skin is dewy, smooth and clear. To me P50 is perfect, photoshoped skin in a bottle and I'm not exaggerating; no other product has given me such visible results.
I use 10 drops of P50 on a cotton pad every night. The smell doesn't bother me at all, I even find it pleasant, but maybe that's because I'm a pharmacist, so I'm used to foul-smelling concoctions.

on 3/4/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**UPDATE Oct. 2016: P50 has changed my skin, and my confidence, for the better. Took me nearly a year to finish the full size bottle.**

Every online review of this acid toner that I read was, frankly, absurd. Breakouts were banished never to be heard from again! Marks and scars faded faster than the speed of sound! Tone and texture as even as a freshly paved road! Jesus wept.

After much internal deliberation and cursory SCB searches, in January 2015 I bought P50 1970 original (with phenol) for $60something from Rescue Spa. I carefully and cautiously followed the most sage tips and tricks from devotees I could find, even if a lot of it was contradictory.

"Use 1-2 drops on a damp cotton round."
"Cotton rounds soak up too much product, and often leave fuzzies behind. Try Shiseido's cotton whatchamacallits instead."
"Screw Shiseido, fingers are the way to be!"
"Pouring the toner into the palm of your hands is messy and wastes product (and $$$)."
"Your skin will purge, it's part of the process."
"Don't use it everyday!"
"It's best to use everyday, at nighttime only."
"Don't use any actives until your skin is adjusted."
"Pat, DO NOT RUB"
"I apply after Vitamin C and before retinol for best results"
"Your skin shouldn't purge, and if it is, you're not reacting well to it. I urge you to stop."

Sometimes I used too much, and my skin immediately hated me for it (i.e. red, itchy, briefly painful, red bumps...). Other times I didn't use enough and was all, WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I MISSING! DO I NEED TO OFFER UP MY FIRST BORN?

I gave it a good six weeks before throwing in the towel.

Until three months ago, January 2016, when hormonal acne struck with a vengeance. The cysts were growing bigger and more painful by the minute. Several whiteheads joined the pity party by late evening. I tried every item in my arsenal, sparing only the bottle of P50 and a stray piece of gauze found in the depths of my medicine cabinet. Desperate times. I gave it whirl and promptly went to bed.

And ohmygod. Literally overnight, the three tenderest musketeers firmly situated on and along my chin were no longer red, throbbing or visible to the naked eye. No trace of whiteheads having ever been on my face. I looked like an Amazonian princess whose delicate features belie her warrior strength..or something like that.

Since then, gauze has been my godsend. Preferably squares folded in half. I use exactly 4 drops, one-and-done swiped all over my face and neck. Every other day, at nighttime usually.

Gauze. It's the easiest, most cost effective, most efficient way to apply P50. I have no idea why.

But now I understand the hype. P50 really is on a whole 'nother level. It will clear your skin. It will fade PIH. You'll see inside your pores for the first time in a decade. You will want to touch your softer-than-a-baby's-bottom face more times than is sanitary. People will tell your ex how "miraculously good" your skin looks since you dumped him (true story).

I advise giving P50, whatever version you choose, the Goldilocks treatment. Don't be afraid to experiment. Find out how much you should apply. Figure out what method of application works for you without wasting product, time, or money (in that order). Learn how often you should consistently use it. Practice patience (it's a virtue I hear). Get things just right.

And if all else fails, try gauze.

2-18-16:
So I started using this based on the endless praise I've seen in every direction. One blogger stated that she had been breaking out for 2 months before her skin got better. I'm using the new reformulated Lotion P50 (why the heck is it referred to as a lotion when it's a liquid?)
It's weird, because this stuff stings and burns, but it isn't drying my face out like I thought it would. There's definitely some dryness but not as severe as I thought. And yeah, I'm having the purge. I'm only using this on my cheek/jawline area since that's where the majority of my breakouts are anyway. Everything is cropping up, but it's weird because these zits come up, and I either pop them or they just go away on their own, and it's a lot faster healing now. I didn't 'ease' this into my routine. I mean I started using it every other night, but the breakouts happened so rapidly I thought f*ck it, I'll just start using it every night. It's more or less a new zit in a different part every day, but to me, that tells me that this is working. I want EVERYTHING to be expelled.

The sting is very similar to how apple cider vinegar feels on your skin, or like a chemical peel. Stinging/burning feel (kinda itchy too), and then it's done. I don't use a cotton pad because I'd end up with cotton bits on my face, so what I do is I pour some in my palm, and use my index finger to just pat it around. I wash my hands prior, of course. The only thing I don't like is that it's kinda sticky on my face.

So right now, my routine:

Morning: Wash face with water, put my Sanitas Skin Care Vitamin C moisturizer on, then put my Clarin's SPF 30 moisturizer on

Night: Wash my face with Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Gel Wash, dry my face, put on the P50, wait about 10-15 minutes, then follow up with my Sanitas. I'm thinking of adding a serum thing to give my skin some extra moisture. I was looking to get Josie Maran's Argan Milk or whatever. I will keep you all updated.

EDIT: *5-6-16*

Yeah, eff this stuff. As with some of the other people here, my skin never got better. It was just more inflamed acne after the other, my skin was tight and irritated, and my face just looked bad, like bad enough where I avoided looking in mirrors.. I'm really skeptical on the whole 'purge' thing. I used this crap for two months straight, every single night. And I saw none of the magical benefits that it claimed.

I switched to Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and *immediately* my skin started clearing up. So I don't know....if something is causing acne, especially if it's not prescription or anything, it shouldn't be causing acne. I feel like people love the idea of "Just give it time!" "It gets worse before it gets better!" and honestly, with all of the skincare products I've used, that has never, ever been true for me. So yeah. Obviously ymmv, and if you try it, get the sample size.

on 9/7/2015 4:08:00 PM

I have been using PC bha and aha products on and off, so applying p50 without cotton pad did not cause any sensation in my skin. I did not even feel the tingling and followed the lotion with creme dermopurifiante for 2 weeks, every other night. I have very oily t zone with massive pores on my nose and dry cheeks. And the hype was real, my blemishes and pores were all cleared and sebum production got normalized. However this week i noticed spider veins occuring at the sides of my nose and cheeks. I think they are caused by p50. Totally not worth it if you have fair skin. I am very upset.