Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by hair type : Other
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.8

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 9/14/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I used both the version with phenol and without phenol, and of the two prefer the phenol version, although the smell and tingling is offputting. I use this at night only and in the morning wake up to smooth, clear skin. I didn't experience any purging or breakouts, but did find it drying so I used it several nights a week and not every night. Since then, I've cleaned up my skincare routine and moved onto Drunk Elephant's night serum, so I won't repurchase this, but I did like it especially as a toner and in a pinch, an underarm deodorant (check the Vicki Morav site - that's where I got the tip).

on 5/22/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I ordered this (phenol-free version) online on a whim and, for the price, kinda hoped it wouldn't work as advertised. That said, it is amazing and works like a charm on my oily, pseodo-sensitive skin. Definitely notice a difference if I skip a day or two.

Pros:
Reduced pore size (!)
Softens lines
Seems to help rebuild 'sunken' areas
Tightens skin
Brighter complexion
... All the good things

Cons:
Price (but, I only use once a day and it will likely last me 6-8 months)
Stings
Takes some trial and error to determine how it will work best for you (2x a day for me led to dry, flaky skin around my nose)
Not a fan of the bottle (transfered to a Sephora twist and spout bottle) but it shipped well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is magic in a bottle. Don't know why I try other things, but I do because I get bored easily. This, together with the O2 cleanser and Depurificante or Placenta moisturizer is magic.

If you have troubled skin, and nothing else works, try this. Make sure you get the original 1970 formula.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of those expensive, "miracle" products that beauty editors praise, not found in your local drugstore... and it works.
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I was desperate to find something for my skin before my wedding. I have been using it for 7 months now, and my skin has been the best it's ever been. I've made homemade ACV toner before, so the smell doesn't bother me. I also don't experience stinging.(I have the version without phenol.)

My routine- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Wash, BR Lotion twice a day,Neutrogena Sunscreen in the morning, Kosmea Rosehip oil at night.

I occasionally get the monthly breakout, but I noticed my previous acne scars have lightened significantly and my forehead is no longer bumpy. I will continue to purchase this product.

on 9/4/2015 7:37:00 AM

LOTION P50:

Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Citric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Malic Acid, Vinegar (Acetum), Phytic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Rumex Acetosa Leaf Extract, Myrtus Communis Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil, Sulfur, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

LOTION P50W:

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Malic Acid, Vinegar (Acetum), Phytic Acid, Citric Acid, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Sulfur, Allantoin, Sodium Salicylate, Serine, Urea, Sorbitol, TEA-Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Benzoate.

LOTION P50V:

Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Lactic Acid,
Ethoxydiglycol, Vinegar (Acetum), Magnesium Chloride, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Phytic Acid, Spongilla Lacustris Spicule Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Sulfur, Sodium Salicylate, Salicylic Acid, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate.

on 2/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

I use the original Lotion P50 1970 with phenol, a controversial ingredient that I read has now been banned in Europe and the UK. Since the US hasn't banned this formula yet, I decided to plunge on in; after all, it was the original formula that earned this product its cult following. I ordered the smallest bottle available from Rescue Spa to try it out. Here's my breakdown:

Cons: Really, really stinks. Smells like burning rubber to me, and I'm not usually sensitive to odors. And the smell doesn't dissipate quickly, I can catch whiffs of it for up to an hour after I put it on.

It's expensive. Granted, there are some products out there that are in the $300+ range, but still expensive. I paid $27.00 for 1.7 ounces. The largest bottle, 8.5 fluid ounces, was $94.00. Pretty heft price for what is basically a toner.

It's hard to find. I ordered online at Rescuespa.com

The packaging looks cheap even to me, and I'm really not into packaging. No one will see this bottle on your sink and think that it is a beauty secret!

PROS
It works. That simple. It does what it says it will do. At least for me. I had only used this 2 nights and I could tell the difference in my skin. I have mature, very congested skin. I use retin-a 3X a week for anti-aging treatment, and it does help some with the clogged pores. But not much. Nothing ever has. Not even extraction, because the pores become congested again almost as soon as they have been extracted. I have been fighting a losing battle for a long time.

My pores are cleaning out. I can tell the difference. Any foundation or CC cream that I use looks better because my skin is smoother and clearer. I am so happy with this that I ordered the Creme Dermopurifiante and Lait U cleanser. I think these additional products complement my routine, but the Lotion P50 1970 is the real workhorse of the 3 products. I intend to order a serum once I can afford it.

I have no idea why this product works. I've looked at the unimpressive ingredients and if I were to base my decision on that alone, I never would have purchased this stuff. But I went by the reviews, at MUA and elsewhere on the internet and took the chance, and I am now a believer (with a considerably lighter wallet).

on 10/1/2014 3:16:00 PM

This is my HG exfoliating toner! I can never imagine myself without this product! It makes my skin look better 10x before i started using this beauty in a bottle. Aghh! I cant express the love for this toner.... It makes my skin GLOW! A forever stAple in my skincare routine;) worth every penny! (Make sure to get the p50 1970 formula) .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the queen of exfoliating toners and priced accordingly. I believe I paid 95 USD for my bottle. That said, I have used it daily for six weeks and it is about one-fifth gone. This should easily last me six months or more, so I can justify the price. It is indeed strong - I actually feel an uncomfortable burning sensation depending on my skin's condition - and it does the job I need it to do. It has been the most significant addition to my skincare regimen ever because I can actually see a noticeable difference from using it. I use it after my second cleansing in the evening - once a day. The smell is hideous - an awful, sour smell that makes you want to seal the used cotton pad in a Baggie before tossing it - but it doesn't deter me from giving it five lippies. This is my HG toner/exfoliator.

on 7/13/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

P50! I could literally write songs about this stuff. Let me take you through my skin makeover miracle instead. (Note, this is pretty much identical to the review I wrote for Alpah H Liquid Gold. I can only be so creative, people.)

P50 is a miracle. A MIRACLE! If they made this stuff illegal, I'd sell my kidney on the black market for a supply.

That being said, I firmly believe that it's a full routine including it that has made the difference for me. Several months ago, I started having horrendous acne. I tried everything, including the full Somme Institute line and Retin-A. My skin kept getting worse. After many, many hours of research I found the perfect routine that has brought my skin back to a pretty flawless glowing state. Here are my steps/rules... it might seem like a lot, but it takes like two minutes and it has worked like a charm:

1a. Double cleanse at night, first with an oil/balm, then with a milk (RMS or Emma Hardie for oil/balm, I like REN or AVEDA Botanical Kinetics for a milk. Sometimes Badescu.)
1b. In the morning, use either a milk, a clay-based cleanser (like Sunday Riley or REN) or Tracie Martyn Amla. I rotate, depending on what I think I need that day.
2a. Biologique Recherche P50. This stuff is the nectar of the gods. I use it twice per day, except for the nights when I use Alpa H.
2b. 2-3 nights per week, I replace P50 with Alpha H. When I do, it's the last step. No serum or moisturizer on top.
3. A good quality antioxidant serum. (Usually just in the morning) Huge fan of Skinceuticals gel. Aesop Parsley Seed is also good.
4. Follow up with a Peptide, a brightening/fading, and a good moisturizing serum. I vary for the peptide, but I ADORE Indeed Labs for Peptabright and Hydraluron. Sometimes I also go in for Tata Harper serum.
5. At night, Sunday Riley oil serum. Sometimes I use REN Omega 3 oil serum. They both smell weird, FYI.
6. Eye cream. At 36, I finally started using a dedicated eye cream... I live and die by Indeed Labs Eysilix
7. A very good quality moisturizer, obvs. I rotate btw Valmont, AVEDA, Kate Somerville Goat Milk, Tata Harper, Aesop... whatever the day seems to call for.
8. La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 45 milk... without fail.

Biggest rules: Drink more water than you ever thought possible. Take a really good quality fish oil. Fermented ones are best. Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh food. Do NOT USE ANY MINERAL OIL. I banished it from everything I use. Mineral oil sits on the skin creating a kind of 'veil' which is great for short-term makeup needs, but terrible in the long run for skin. This is why makeup artists tend to love it, and estheticians tend to hate it. (Generalizing, and just my opinion.)

And then I use various masks a few times per week... an oxygenating one, Biologique Rechere Masque Vivant (which smells like you would not believe), a clay mask, a moisturizing mask... whatever. I just slap them on while I watch tv or something.

Anyway, this turned into quite a rant, but that's how I rehabilitated my skin from having a full on zit-beard and having to wear tons of makeup to having smooth, clear, glowing and firm skin in like 4 months. A significant investment of money, but in my mind totally worth it. Also, I no longer use any prescription meds, as I found Retin-A and Finacea to both burn me to a crisp, no matter what I do.

Just a word of warning... if you jump into this, you WILL have a ton of purging for a while. P50 will pull everything out of your skin and it will do it fast. My dermatologist was explicit: once pores are clogged or congested, there's only one way to clear them... it has to come OUT. So it sucked for a while, but I stuck with it and here I am.

Live long and prosper, people. (But probably you won't prosper financially if you buy all of this stuff.)

on 9/25/2012 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

How can something so foul be so freaking good? I am not kidding about the "foul" - this stuff smells like something died, then was splashed with gasoline, burned and finaly liquified just in time to be bottled and passed on the eager consumers lining up at a uber fancy French pharmacy counter...YUCK!!!
I remember when i got my first bottle, I was so surprised by the stench that i was convinced that i must have gotten a bad batch or something! I was assured that the smell was normal and that the preformance will make it all worthwhile! I was sceptical to say the least and almost afraid to put it on my face, fearing some kind of horrible acid burn lol
Since this is stuff can be hard to find and the price isnt exactly cheap i dont use a cotton pad to apply it - instead i pour a few drops in the palm of my hand and just gently pat it on my face. Surprisingly the burning/tingling sensation is not that strong but the skin does go a little numb for the first few minutes (scary!). It doesnt get absorbed completely on me, my face feels plump and slightly tacky to the touch. However its not a film or a greasy layer that can "pill" later - just a moisture "trapped" feeling that makes your skin feel smooth as silk, reminescent of silicone. The smell doesnt last - its completely undetectable after a few minutes and i am kind of getting used to it.
This toning exfoliator has definitively transformed my skin more than anything else i have ever used before. My skin is glowy, plumped, clear and calm - breakouts are almost non-existant and i always notice a difference if i stop using it :) Grrrr...now if only they sold it in at the drugstore, then it would be perfect...Until then i will gladly pay the high shipping fees to Canada and hoard it like a crazy cat lady! Its the one thing in my bathroom that i dont share :)