Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.1

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 AM

Don’t bother, go straight for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Toner and skip this. Biologique Recherche as a brand is loaded with animal ingredients- pig collagen... amniotic liquid and placenta. I am saying the brand, not this lotion specifically. The Ordinary toner costs less than 10 USD and does same job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.

on 12/26/2017 11:31:00 AM

this helped me get rid of the whiteheads i used to have on my forehead. it doesn't seem to be as effective on my cheeks, but I'm grateful for what it did on my forehead. my skin is pretty tough from regular chemical peels, but this stung a little and made my face feel warm and tingly the first time I applied it... so I would recommend to go slow with this one, if your skin is sensitive. it absorbs quickly, even if I apply more than necessary, which I really, REALLY appreciate. while I'm trying to figure out if I can justify purchasing the big bottle I'm not using it that much because I don't want to run out, so I can't remember if I saw any hydration improvement on my skin but I never experienced any excessive dryness from this. I would buy a small bottle and see if you love it. Use it regularly until you run out and if you don't love it, don't buy it, it's way too expensive to buy if you only like it.

on 11/8/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

35, oily, sensitive, hormonal breakouts, bad texture and tone, hyper pigmentation from acne, redness, basically: nightmare skin! I started with p50w but worked my way up with a damp cotton pad 2x a week, to twice daily, then swapped to p50. My skin did shed and purge for several weeks, it wasn't sore or red, just shedding very quickly, exfoliating in the morning with a muslin cloth would still mean by the afternoon I would have snake face! I'm glad I stuck with it though. I've been using it for 3 years now, in that time I've introduced retin-a and also vit-c. I also use CAIS by niod which I think made my skin less sensitive and reactive. My skin is great now, the texture and tone and really smooth and clear, the fine lines around my eyes that had began to form before using this has disappeared, no new wrinkles so far, not bad for an ex smoker and being late to spf, so fingers crossed. It does last, and I use it daily, it knocked a lot of other products away so has saved me money.

(44 yrs old, originally dry, but now more on the normal/dry) I've been using Biologique Recherche P50 for two years and cannot imagine my nightly routine without it. It smells like Chloraseptic and it can "tingle" (translation- burn); both things I have come to love. I could probably substitute most of my skincare with similar products, but you won't find me without retinol, P50, or my homemade vitamin C serum. These three items have made the greatest difference in my skin.

on 9/3/2017 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 50, a lifelong skin care junkie, I thought I'd seen and used it all when it comes to skin care. Boy was I happily surprised when I decided to purchase the famous cult beauty product P50 lotion 1970 (original formula).
I use it in the morning after cleansing, and prior to moisturizing and sunscreen. It does tingle a little after applying, but after a few minutes that dies down.

The results are astounding, the texture and tone of my skin were noticeably improved within a few days. My moisturizer absorbed better and my foundation looked more polished and smooth. Even my skin care specialist commented on how lovely my skin looked. This is a holy grail product I can't live without. I'm looking forward to trying other products from this line.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How do all these ravers put up with the two week purge? Big fat zits. I carry on thinking it'll help dry up what it has purged but not really. Now I have PIH. I don't think I can push further. Going back to good ol Differin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading a few blogs that said it's as close to having perfect skin that you can buy in a bottle and who doesn't want that? I bought the lotion p50 New formula which is Phenol free. I have been using this for about a week only at night because I turn a rosy pink after applying this for at least two hours. It does leave my skin a bit on the sensitized side the next day as well so my sunscreen application is on high level right now. It has reduced some blackheads around my nose but increased the overall redness in my complexion, especially around my mouth and nose area. Its just like I'm using retin-a for the first time, same areas are a bit on the sensitive side. I'm hoping with continued used my skin will get used to the strength of the acids and the sensitivity will subside. But for now I am embracing the supposed P50 "glow" because I don't wear foundation. The packaging is much cheaper than I had expected for the price. I love a beautiful glass bottle in my medicine cabinet, or something equally chic. I don't mind the price because you get a good deal worth of product, but if its just your basic AHA/BHA toner that is neither natural or organic how is this different or special? Because I am really happy that tons of Celebs love it but we all have different skin and I might be singing a different tune in a month or two but as for this moment I think I just wasted a couple classes worth of Soulcycle money on this!

on 2/13/2017 11:31:00 AM

So, maybe I should have waited a bit more to write this review, since I have only used this two times. But thing is, I don't think I'll be using this again! I don't have acne, never had, just the ocasional hormonal breakouts. I never wear foundation or TM. I don't have particularly sensitive skin and I have used acids like AHA's and BHA's, as well as retin A for years. I used this like any other acid. Washed my face, waited 10 minutes to regulate my Ph, then applied the acid with a cotton pad, waited 10 minutes and applied a gentle moisturizer (Clinique overnight moisture mask). Also, I applied what was left on the cotton pad to my neck and woke up with a red, irritated neck.This stuff broke me out like hell. Not big pimples, but tiny white heads everywhere. I'm giving it two lippies instead of one because maybe that's just my personal reaction, but damn, didn't expect such a bad outcome. I don't believe in the 'purging' theory, my skin is ok, there's nothing to purge. I'll upload some pictures that I just took and will update this review in a few days and if I ever get the courage to use it again. But as of now, I doubt it.

on 2/5/2017 5:44:00 PM

This product did nothing for my combination, sensitive, fair skin. No good changes, but no bad changes either. Simply made no difference. When I apply the product (morning and night) it does feel a tad sticky on my skin though.

I had heard such wonderful things I was hopeful. Have been using for 4 months now, and no change. Saved up my money for ages too! the good thing is that I still have atleast 3/4 of the bottle left, so I'll keep trying. The product certainly lasts a long time.

The smell isn't as awful as others day - it smells like apple cider vinegar.

I am probably the only person who hasn't seen results. Given that everyone else loves it I'd recommend that you try it for yourself.