Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 8/8/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the P50 1970 liquid for about 6 weeks. I buy mine from TOSKASPA. ( Excellent fast service)
I suffer from clogged pores and I've used every single product on the market with no positive results. My skin is extremely picky and moody - so its been hard for me to find a really good product.

THIS WORKS!
It takes time but it works- my clogged pores are not gone but they are drastically reduced and I know for a fact with continued use they will be gone. I've had some of these clogged pores for years - so i know it will take some time for them to reach a head. I did suffer slight purging but nothing major- there were a few big zits - but I let them be - once i pick at them they become worse.

I use this every day after my shower - the best method for me is to pour the lotion on a cotton pad and spread across my face. I squeeze the cotton pad after and push whatever is left on to my skin-

It moisturizing and never leaves me with a tight feeling. There is a tingling feeling but it subsides quickly. The first few weeks of using this product my skin burned more but now my skin doesnt burn as much. The smell is a bit obnoxious but Im used to it. THINK CHLORASEPTIC throat spray. LOL

The only thing I hate is the price ! :(
Packaging could be better - but it is what it is!

I am grateful to finally have found this product- it HG for me.

on 6/18/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a total game changer for me. I will never stop using this product. A friend of mine suggested this one day when I was complaining about my skin. I have mild rosacea, am sensitive, and suffer from hormonal based comedones type acne on my lower cheeks and jawline. I rarely get pimples or pustules. Just blackheads/whiteheads/little bumps.
I am using the P50T which is the only one available in my area (Canada). It get rid of 95% of my acne. So no, not 100%. But it gives me what I would consider as close to perfect skin as I can realistically hope for without doing regular facials and spending a fortune on skincare.
This doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive skin, any redness on my rosacea dissipates quickly and the smell doesn't bother me at all.
My skin glows with this. It almost plumps it up. I ran out once for 2 months and noticed a HUGE difference.
I apply it at night, putting a few drops in my palm and patting it all over. A large bottle lasts ages.
During winter when my skin is duller, and I'm indoors more, I switch to using morning and night.

on 1/8/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first read about this on the Skin & Tonics blog when I was first getting into AB, and man did I put off trying this as long as possible. I kinda had a sneaking/sinking suspicion that my acid tolerant skin would love this stuff, and I wasn't wrong. The first thing I noticed after using was how incredibly soft my skin was. Okay, that's a lie. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled like vinaigrette, but the second this wasn't definitely the softness. Like to the point that when I just sort of absently touched my face there was an exclamation of profanity and I rushed to the bathroom mirror to gaze at my skin in wonder as I stroked it (yeah, that sounds creepier than it was). The next thing that I noticed was that the tiny little clogged pores on my forehead - the result of wearing hats and sweating - just sort of disappeared. Not sure where they went, but I haven't seen them in like 4 months. Do I still break out while using this? Yes. Occasion hormonal related stuff, and definitely if I use a product my skin hates (most recently a Cover FX primer), but it helps tremendously, *especially* in regards to fading PIH. As to the cost: yes, it's bloody expensive, but I've been using the 1.7oz bottle once a day since October and I'm less than halfway through it (I DO NOT apply it to a cotton ball though - just dispense about 1/4tsp and pat onto my skin), so I think it works out in the end.

on 8/19/2016 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing really changed, didn't purge, had the glow, pores stayed same, hate the smell, decent acid, but was it worth the hype?

on 8/18/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was so excited to try this brand ...

But, every product so far ... No, no, NO!

For my skin type, that is.

If this product wreaks havoc on your complexion, find someone who can love it and benefit from it (from the many glowing reviews - these people are out there!) - give it to them and buy yourself Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA.

Everyone is different, but for me - the gentler the better.

This product burnt my skin and turned it bright pink.

I tried using it on several occasions varying cleanser types/wait times and each time - pain and irritation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This review is for Biologique Recherche P50 without phenol.
I love P50, it's maybe the best product I've ever used on my face. Let me tell you a little about my skin: I'm 25 years old, I have normal skin, but it's very thin and sensitive, so I find it quite hard to find products that don't irritate my skin.
I started using P50 on February 24th and have used it every night since. Before using this exfoliating toner, I was using another product that I also love (Dr. Taffi - Before Treatment Lotion), so my skin was already used to AHAs. The first time I used P50 I was expecting some stinging on my skin, but surprisingly there was no stinging at all. What impressed me the most was that P50 felt very hydrating and didn't leave my skin feeling tight.
I did go through a little purging phase, I had 3 little pimples on my left cheek and 2 little pimples on my right cheek. This was unusual for me because I never get pimples on my cheeks. But anyway, the pimples were gone in less than a week.
This lotion has evened out my skin tone, my skin is dewy, smooth and clear. To me P50 is perfect, photoshoped skin in a bottle and I'm not exaggerating; no other product has given me such visible results.
I use 10 drops of P50 on a cotton pad every night. The smell doesn't bother me at all, I even find it pleasant, but maybe that's because I'm a pharmacist, so I'm used to foul-smelling concoctions.

on 3/4/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**UPDATE Oct. 2016: P50 has changed my skin, and my confidence, for the better. Took me nearly a year to finish the full size bottle.**

Every online review of this acid toner that I read was, frankly, absurd. Breakouts were banished never to be heard from again! Marks and scars faded faster than the speed of sound! Tone and texture as even as a freshly paved road! Jesus wept.

After much internal deliberation and cursory SCB searches, in January 2015 I bought P50 1970 original (with phenol) for $60something from Rescue Spa. I carefully and cautiously followed the most sage tips and tricks from devotees I could find, even if a lot of it was contradictory.

"Use 1-2 drops on a damp cotton round."
"Cotton rounds soak up too much product, and often leave fuzzies behind. Try Shiseido's cotton whatchamacallits instead."
"Screw Shiseido, fingers are the way to be!"
"Pouring the toner into the palm of your hands is messy and wastes product (and $$$)."
"Your skin will purge, it's part of the process."
"Don't use it everyday!"
"It's best to use everyday, at nighttime only."
"Don't use any actives until your skin is adjusted."
"Pat, DO NOT RUB"
"I apply after Vitamin C and before retinol for best results"
"Your skin shouldn't purge, and if it is, you're not reacting well to it. I urge you to stop."

Sometimes I used too much, and my skin immediately hated me for it (i.e. red, itchy, briefly painful, red bumps...). Other times I didn't use enough and was all, WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I MISSING! DO I NEED TO OFFER UP MY FIRST BORN?

I gave it a good six weeks before throwing in the towel.

Until three months ago, January 2016, when hormonal acne struck with a vengeance. The cysts were growing bigger and more painful by the minute. Several whiteheads joined the pity party by late evening. I tried every item in my arsenal, sparing only the bottle of P50 and a stray piece of gauze found in the depths of my medicine cabinet. Desperate times. I gave it whirl and promptly went to bed.

And ohmygod. Literally overnight, the three tenderest musketeers firmly situated on and along my chin were no longer red, throbbing or visible to the naked eye. No trace of whiteheads having ever been on my face. I looked like an Amazonian princess whose delicate features belie her warrior strength..or something like that.

Since then, gauze has been my godsend. Preferably squares folded in half. I use exactly 4 drops, one-and-done swiped all over my face and neck. Every other day, at nighttime usually.

Gauze. It's the easiest, most cost effective, most efficient way to apply P50. I have no idea why.

But now I understand the hype. P50 really is on a whole 'nother level. It will clear your skin. It will fade PIH. You'll see inside your pores for the first time in a decade. You will want to touch your softer-than-a-baby's-bottom face more times than is sanitary. People will tell your ex how "miraculously good" your skin looks since you dumped him (true story).

I advise giving P50, whatever version you choose, the Goldilocks treatment. Don't be afraid to experiment. Find out how much you should apply. Figure out what method of application works for you without wasting product, time, or money (in that order). Learn how often you should consistently use it. Practice patience (it's a virtue I hear). Get things just right.

And if all else fails, try gauze.

on 10/7/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried. I tried. Oh did I try to like this product since it seemed like everyone else did. But everytime I used it, within a few days, I'd break out in cystic acne. Now, I had both the phenol and phenol free versions, both stung and made my skin itchy. In short, I learned my lesson the hard way that even if it works like a miracle for 99.9% people out there, there's still a chance I might be the 0.1% who is just THAT lucky for it not to work.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Game changer. I've been using this toner for a week along with other products from the BR line. I heard about them online but put off trying them until I went through an insane hormonal breakout and felt desperate. These products not only cleared up that breakout, but absolutely have changed the texture of my skin. It is glowing from the inside out. I'd recommend this to anyone who could afford it - acne issues or not.

I have sensitive skin so I'm using the P50W. I use it twice a day, after cleansing with their Lait VIP O2 cleansing milk. I put a couple of drops on a cotton pad and pat it along my entire face/neck - a little goes a long way. Then I sit for 5 minutes or so and let it soak in - I think the way you use this product really determines how well it will work for you. You've got to give it some time to activate!

on 8/26/2013 5:49:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive and very dry mature skin (I'm 46). In addition, my skin is quite prone to blackheads and clogged pores, it breaks out once a month, and I get deep red cystic/hormonal acne a few times a year, which takes months to resolve. Yes, great skin.

I began using P50 about 2 months ago and the results have been so good that I now feel like I've got someone else's skin. My pores are very clear, more so than ever in my life. My complexion is radiant, as others have said. And I haven't broken out in 2 months--which is 2 fewer (big) break outs than I would usually have had during this time period. P50 doesn't seem to dry out my skin, but then I use a LOT of moisturizers morning and night (moisturizing toner after P50, then hyaluronic acid/glycerin product, then oil serum, then moisturizer).

I chose the P50 rather than the P50V or P50W despite my very sensitive skin because people seemed to believe it's the formulation to use, that the others don't work. But I was really frightened to use it on my skin because I react to EVERYTHING. So here's what I did: for the first two weeks, I followed directions and online advice to use a damp cotton ball with only a few drops (2-3) of P50. I only used P50 twice a week. After 2 weeks, and no problems--but noticeably more radiant skin--I began using it every day (evening only), still using a damp cotton ball but maybe 4 little drops of P50. I did that for 2 more weeks. Then I began alternating the damp cotton ball with a dry cotton ball. (I could really feel the difference when I used the product "straight" vs on damp cotton, not always in a happy way.) Now, two months since I started, I use a dry cotton ball most days but find that if I do so for too many days in a row my skin gets slightly irritated. Not terribly, but I'm aware of it all day, as if I got a little product burn. (It still looks lovely, glowy, radiant, and soft.)

All that said, I've found that for my sensitive skin this product is fantastic but I have to be careful with it. I sometimes use it straight (on dry cotton), other times use a damp cotton ball, and only use it once a day. With that approach it's brilliant for me and my skin has never, ever looked so good. (I don't even like to wear tinted moisturizers, let alone foundation, these days because I want to "show off" my skin!) Anyone else thinking of using this on sensitive skin, I suggest you start slow. You'll still get the results (and I didn't get purging, by the way, perhaps because I went so slowly with it) but won't get the irritation.

It's magic. My only regret is I didn't find out about it sooner.

UPDATE Sept 2 2014: It's a little over a year later, and I just wanted to say that I still adore this product. If I had to give up everything else I use, I'd keep this. I always use a dry cotton ball to apply it now (with no irritation) and use it morning and night. At night, I use the P50 "original 1970" lotion (US version with poison, er, phenol). In the morning, I use the P50 EU version (no phenol). The EU version is definitely less strong, at least on my skin. I do think my great results are due to the phenol (or due to the US version, anyway). So, as I said, I love this. My skin never breaks out. Not ever. I may get the occasional tiny red mark at the end of a day of wearing lots of heavy sunscreen or makeup, but it's gone by morning. My fears about putting a new product on my face--will it cause a huge cyst or angry pimple??--are completely gone. I feel insanely lucky to have found this and hope it works as well for everyone else. We deserve peace of mind about our skin.