Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 11/8/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

35, oily, sensitive, hormonal breakouts, bad texture and tone, hyper pigmentation from acne, redness, basically: nightmare skin! I started with p50w but worked my way up with a damp cotton pad 2x a week, to twice daily, then swapped to p50. My skin did shed and purge for several weeks, it wasn't sore or red, just shedding very quickly, exfoliating in the morning with a muslin cloth would still mean by the afternoon I would have snake face! I'm glad I stuck with it though. I've been using it for 3 years now, in that time I've introduced retin-a and also vit-c. I also use CAIS by niod which I think made my skin less sensitive and reactive. My skin is great now, the texture and tone and really smooth and clear, the fine lines around my eyes that had began to form before using this has disappeared, no new wrinkles so far, not bad for an ex smoker and being late to spf, so fingers crossed. It does last, and I use it daily, it knocked a lot of other products away so has saved me money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How do all these ravers put up with the two week purge? Big fat zits. I carry on thinking it'll help dry up what it has purged but not really. Now I have PIH. I don't think I can push further. Going back to good ol Differin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading a few blogs that said it's as close to having perfect skin that you can buy in a bottle and who doesn't want that? I bought the lotion p50 New formula which is Phenol free. I have been using this for about a week only at night because I turn a rosy pink after applying this for at least two hours. It does leave my skin a bit on the sensitized side the next day as well so my sunscreen application is on high level right now. It has reduced some blackheads around my nose but increased the overall redness in my complexion, especially around my mouth and nose area. Its just like I'm using retin-a for the first time, same areas are a bit on the sensitive side. I'm hoping with continued used my skin will get used to the strength of the acids and the sensitivity will subside. But for now I am embracing the supposed P50 "glow" because I don't wear foundation. The packaging is much cheaper than I had expected for the price. I love a beautiful glass bottle in my medicine cabinet, or something equally chic. I don't mind the price because you get a good deal worth of product, but if its just your basic AHA/BHA toner that is neither natural or organic how is this different or special? Because I am really happy that tons of Celebs love it but we all have different skin and I might be singing a different tune in a month or two but as for this moment I think I just wasted a couple classes worth of Soulcycle money on this!

on 5/22/2016 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I ordered this (phenol-free version) online on a whim and, for the price, kinda hoped it wouldn't work as advertised. That said, it is amazing and works like a charm on my oily, pseodo-sensitive skin. Definitely notice a difference if I skip a day or two.

Pros:
Reduced pore size (!)
Softens lines
Seems to help rebuild 'sunken' areas
Tightens skin
Brighter complexion
... All the good things

Cons:
Price (but, I only use once a day and it will likely last me 6-8 months)
Stings
Takes some trial and error to determine how it will work best for you (2x a day for me led to dry, flaky skin around my nose)
Not a fan of the bottle (transfered to a Sephora twist and spout bottle) but it shipped well.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of those expensive, "miracle" products that beauty editors praise, not found in your local drugstore... and it works.
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I was desperate to find something for my skin before my wedding. I have been using it for 7 months now, and my skin has been the best it's ever been. I've made homemade ACV toner before, so the smell doesn't bother me. I also don't experience stinging.(I have the version without phenol.)

My routine- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Wash, BR Lotion twice a day,Neutrogena Sunscreen in the morning, Kosmea Rosehip oil at night.

I occasionally get the monthly breakout, but I noticed my previous acne scars have lightened significantly and my forehead is no longer bumpy. I will continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the queen of exfoliating toners and priced accordingly. I believe I paid 95 USD for my bottle. That said, I have used it daily for six weeks and it is about one-fifth gone. This should easily last me six months or more, so I can justify the price. It is indeed strong - I actually feel an uncomfortable burning sensation depending on my skin's condition - and it does the job I need it to do. It has been the most significant addition to my skincare regimen ever because I can actually see a noticeable difference from using it. I use it after my second cleansing in the evening - once a day. The smell is hideous - an awful, sour smell that makes you want to seal the used cotton pad in a Baggie before tossing it - but it doesn't deter me from giving it five lippies. This is my HG toner/exfoliator.

on 6/3/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Yes, it smells, burns, numbs your face, is hard to find, expensive and full of scary ingredients. It caused me to purge after a week of once daily usage for about a month, though not as badly as retinal or aha. My pores were noticeably clearer after about 3 months - not smaller, but no longer filled with grey sebum, either. This is the first product I have used in a long time that has allowed me to cut down on my 2% bp, which I have used for year even though it has not kept me really clear of acne or clogged pores. I now use the p50 twice daily, my skin is not perfect, but it looks much better than it did with the bp.
My skin is very oily and dull, with open pores that clog easily. I know that this is drying for some, but for me the glycerine makes it moisturizing - I no longer use any of the half dozen oil free moisturizers I have littering the bathroom. I can apply powder foundation directly after this, sometimes with a single spray of liquid aloe or one drop of pure argan oil applied with damp hands.
Yes, I will repurchase. I'm only on my first large bottle of this after first using a trial size (1 or 2 oz, I think), so 2 bottles a year should be enough. I purchase BR products at a local skin care clinic and they recommend using p50 with a thin cotton gauze instead of a cotton ball or round because the gauze soaks up so much less product and I find this to be very true. Find it at a beauty supply store or order it online from a first aid company. Trust me - I've run out and used cotton pads and you need twice as much product for the same result - not cool when a bottle is $90.00.
The bf also uses this when he shaves and likes it.

on 8/29/2008 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this toner about 6 months ago, but quit using because it was so harsh. But recently I suffered a terrible breakout and after reading the reviews, decided to give it another try. This time, I actually followed the directions and used only a FEW drops on a cotton pad, which has made a huge difference. This has cleared up my face in just a matter of days, with no irritation. I think those reviewers who have complained about redness and burning may be making the same mistake I did originally, which is using too much -- a little bit of this goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! Before I started using this, I'd get painful, large pimples about 2-3 times a month. After using this product, I rarely get pimples that swell and hurt, in fact, I rarely get pimples at all anymore (except around my period.) It does smell a little, but I think it's worth it for the results...and I think the scent fades a few minutes after you apply it anyway. However, unlike what the product suggests, "wiping it off with water," I just keep it on and it has worked wonders!

on 7/7/2006 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot imagine NOT loving this product. The strength is fine for my oily but sensitive skin, especailly in the summer. I didn't realize that there was such a high demand for this on beautyhabit.com. I guess I should feel lucky that my local salon has it all the time. Everyone should try this once, cause if it works for you, it will change the way your skin looks..