Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.4

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 4/13/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am using the P50T, which is the "milder" version, and the only one available in my area. I have been using it on a nightly basis for about 3 weeks and I can already see a difference - a lot less blackheads and whiteheads on the nose (~70% less), smaller looking pores on the cheeks, and generally more refined looking skin all over. I use this only at night, after a double cleanse, and I use an uru-uru sponge to apply (another must-have item, a cotton pad that isnt actually a cotton pad), wait for it to dry (~5-10 minutes), then apply my hydrating serums/essences/oil/cream (whatever I feel like my skin needs that night). The next morning, my skin feels extraordinarily soft and smooth. Keep in mind though that if you are not used to acids or have sensitive skin, go slow. The salon where I bought this from actually gave me a call about a month after I bought this to check on whether I had any adverse reactions - I guess some people might have had bad experiences, so be careful. Normally I only post reviews after being a longtime user (a few months), but there's such visible results that I might as well get this review out of the way now. I would probably repurchase this, unless I find something cheaper and at least as good. Price might be a barrier for some (I got this for S$120, I think) but the bottle looks like it might last me at least 6 months of nightly use. So for something that works well and lasts this long, I think the price is worth it.

on 4/1/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am currently almost finished my first bottle of P50, and I really am happy with the effects on my skin. I have acne prone skin, oily, clogged pores. I use this morning and night. Even after first few weeks of starting P50 I noticed positive effects. After I use this my skin feels so plump and smooth. My skin has been purging through this currently (on and off), some days good and some days bad, but they are those little tiny white heads that pop up, and after using the P50 they are gone by the end of the day and dried up. The biggest change I've noticed with my skin is that at that time of the month when I get the larger cystic zits, they do not hurt and they go away much faster. Also any of the little zits I get go away in a day, and not a week as what was happening before I started using P50. My only concern is when does the purging stop, and if I can hope this may help treat my pimples permanently and not just help in meantime.

on 3/23/2016 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Abstract - Do not walk, do not run, take a supersonic jet to get this product. Immediately. You need it. Everyone needs it. I feel like I found the reason Helen of Troy was abducted by a smarmy little tool, because her skin was so bloomin' smooth from P50.

Full Review - I really have to contain myself or this review will be fifty-thousand words long. After almost a year of debating, I finally purchased Lotion P50 and Lotion P50 1970 from Rescue Spa. I bought the 1.7 ounce sizes of both, for $27 each.

With complete honesty and no hyperbole, despite how excited I am about this product, both versions of the lotion are the best products I've ever used. I judge that by the effect a product has upon my skin. I am a person with chronic adult acne. See my notepad for way too much info on that aspect, but I have seen the most difference in the health of my skin and the reduction of my acne with the P50 than I have EVER seen with any other product or treatment.

In January of this year, I had yet another horrible acne flare. They come in waves so frequent that the old spots are not fully healed when the new wave hits. It feels disgusting. So I broke down and bought the P50 and revised other aspects of my routine. I began using the P50 on February 16th, and I decided to alternate the P50 and P50 1970 every night. I began by dousing a cotton pad with a rosewater mist and then shaking the P50 on the same pad to dilute in order to prevent sensitivity. I haven't had great experiences with acids in the past, so I was fearful and hesitant.

I felt a slight tingle to begin with, from both formulas. That has since gone away, and I dilute it less and less each week. I barely feel the numbing from the phenol in the 1970 version, and it's really only noticeable when I accidentally get a bit on my lip. So then...after about five weeks of use, continuing to alternate the formulas, my acne has retreated into submission. I have not experienced a new "wave," my spots from previous waves have reduced into nothing, I have no cysts lurking beneath the surface like giant squid ready to attack. The redness from past spots/scars is also reducing consistently, in a way I thought I would not achieve unless I got laser treatments. There is a smoothness that is new to me, and the beginnings of what could turn out to be that elusive mythic "glow."

I love this stuff. I think I might have a slight preference for the P50 over the P50 1970, but I will continue to have both on hand. I might buy the largest size P50 and keep the smaller 1970 around. The bottles of the smaller sizes are pretty basic, and I think the dispenser insert could be designed better, but I'm not really complaining! In this case, you're paying for the formula, and that formula is unique and incredible.

Just for reference, my two 1.7 ounce bottles are both more than half full. I believe that one of those bottles would last about two months when used nightly, making the formula cost $13.50 per month at the smaller size. I know the price is slightly more economical with larger bottle sizes. Rescue Spa has codes on occasion which would also help make these products more accessible. P50 is not something I will go without, EVER, and while I can't speak for skins that have no acne issues, I am so certain of this formula's insane effectiveness that I would recommend it to anyone. You just have to determine which of the six versions is best for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the "Original", which contains Phenol. I bought this product after reading a blog called "Skin&Tonics" and falling in love with Kerry's skincare routine. I really loved this stuff. I could only afford to buy the tiny travel size and I could only find one online retailer for it. I loved the tingle, the smell and the results. It made my skin brighter and really did help with breakouts (though not as much as my Curology prescription). I haven't repurchased simply because of price and availability. I would buy this again someday if I had $80 burning a hole in my pocket.

on 1/18/2016 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I came upon reviews for this toner a few weeks ago while looking for God knows what online. I was intrigued, bookmarked the reviews but didn't think too much about it. There are tens of thousands of reviews about skin care products that bloggers claim will change your skin, so I've learned to take most reviews with a barrel of salt. However, a lot of the bloggers who reviewed this toner included before and after pictures. The after pictures were nothing short of amazing. Then I got to looking at my skin. In a nutshell, it was crap. At 37, I'm still battling acne like a teenager and with that comes the brown marks that stay forever and a day. I also had some clarity issues and just general sallowness. I also have large pores on my nose and my nose in general is suddenly oil city. In short, I'm a perfect candidate for any kind of product that changes skin for the better. After reading and re-reading the rave reviews ("Jesus in a bottle!"), I finally decided to buy this. It wasn't an easy decision as I've been disappointed by hyped up products, and this product just so happens to be expensive. VERY expensive.

So, cut to two weeks ago. I ordered the 1970 formula (with phenol) in the 5.1 oz bottle (the second largest size) from Shop Rescue Spa for about $61 (I also bought the Masque Vivant which I'll review later). The thing about P50 is that it is hard to find. Only a few select spas sell it Stateside and even then you have to sign up on their site to view the prices. About a week later, I got my products in the mail. The first thing I did was sniff it to see if the smell was a terrible as nearly everyone said it is. I can confirm that it isn't pleasant smelling. It's very medicinal (think a surgical room) and not even close to approaching what most toners smell like. The bottle itself is plastic with sort of cheapish, dated graphics. At first glance, you wouldn't think this was an expensive luxury product. No matter, I transferred the product to my nifty Sephora Twist and Spout container so none of the toner was wasted. The bottle this comes in requires you to shake it on a cotton pad or your hands which I feel is a bit wasteful.

The first night I used this, the smell was a bit overwhelming but tolerable enough. The phenol version smells like the old throat spray Chloraseptic. I find that the smell fades relatively quickly and I don't think it's near as bad as some people make it out to be. Upon applying it after cleansing, I felt a slight tingle and burning/numbing sensation but nothing painful or intolerable. My skin didn't turn red despite this fact that the P50 1970 formula is considered a bit more harsh. I could see this toner being an issue if you have sensitive skin or you don't tolerate acids well, but I have strange alligator skin that tends to handle harsh products well for the most part. The instructions advise that you use a cotton pad dampened with water once a day until your skin gets used to it. I didn't do this as my skin is pretty tough and I wanted to jump right in, but it's likely good advice for most people. At the time I applied this, I had a huge cyst on the bottom of my jawline that would not go away. It just kept producing a lovely blemish and refused to leave. I also had a blemish near it that was proving as stubborn as the cyst. After applying the toner and allowing it to dry, I continued with the rest of my nighttime skin care routine and went to sleep. The next morning, I was slightly shocked to see that blemish I had was all dried up and the cyst felt significantly smaller. A few days after that, the cyst continued to shrink while the blemish was sort of flaky but was no longer raised. While washing my face that morning, a piece of skin over the blemish sort of popped off (ew, I know) leaving a very light brown mark. Since that time, all the brown marks on my face have continued to become significantly lighter. That's pretty miraculous as even acid peels didn't give that kind of result in such a short amount of time.

The other thing I noticed is that my skin is downright glowy. Seriously! I caught a glimpse of myself in sunshine, the true test of "Is this working?!?", and my skin looked great! Yeah, I still have brown marks, but they're quickly fading and the clarity of my skin has improved greatly. That's amazing as I've never had a product do that. I've been using this for the past three weeks or so, twice a day, and still have a large amount left. This can easily last three months even with twice a day usage. I would recommend investing in decent cotton pads to apply this as you don't want cheap pads that soak up more product forcing you to use more. Some people apply this with their palms to avoid waste, but I feel like I would end up spilling it because I'm clumsy.

So does P50 live up to the hype? Absolutely! I only wish I would have found this sooner because it's just that good. The price tag is scary, but I think it's justified. One medium sized bottle lasts a fair amount of time and it works! If you're on the fence about it, try to travel size first, but do try it. You'll get used to the smell because the results are amazing!

on 6/15/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily/dehydrated, Acne/clog prone, and sensitive skin! But I don't seem sensitive to acids.

I clog easily from my own sebum since it is very sticky. I have mild adult acne, but I hate having any acne period. I am also a "picker" and have gone through a lot of work to try and stop. I drink no less than Eight 8oz glasses of water a day, usually though I drink more like 10-12. Exercise 4-5 times a week. Washing off any makeup product before a workout, and washing off all sweat after when I shower. I have a laundry list of food intolerances so I have a very strict healthy diet for my genetic autoimmune disease. I am pale, but not the palest. I scale somewhere between NC 7-15 depending on the time of year.

I am sensitive to Silicone and silicone derivatives. I tend to clog very easily from heavy waxes and oils. I cannot touch anything with Wheat protein in it. My skin doesn't seem to like anything heavy in Alcohol.

I have found some products that work for me.
I am not too sensitive to acids apparently, though I thought I would play it safe with this product.

My routine:
Morning:
On dry skin, massage cream Derma-e glycolic wash, rinse
Pat dry
Tone with biologique recherche lotion p50v
2% Paula choice liquid
Pat on Hada Labo Tokyo Replenishing Hydrator mixed with a pea sized amount of BP 2.5%

Night:
To remove makeup, flax seed oil massaged into dry skin let sit 3-5 minutes, wipe of with warm damp cloth.
Double cleanse, Massage cream Derma-e glycolic wash Pat dry
Pat dry
Tone with biologique recherche lotion p50v
2% Paula choice liquid
I usually do 2 masks during "that time of the month" week.
Glycolic acid peal at 40% or Lactic acid at 7%

4 weeks ago, I order BR P50v (which is milder that the P50) WITHOUT phenol.
The above shows how I fit it into my routine. I put it on first, right after washing and patting my skin dry. I apply it to a piece of shi cotton and wipe all over my face. The dispenser is the same dropper bottle type as PC 2% liquid, so it is easy to use and control.

This product smells exactly like vinegar. I don't find it unpleasant, but it does make me want chips.

First few uses I felt the tingle, but after that, my skin didn't tingle any more.
I wouldn't say this product does nothing. But I think I might have better results with the Stronger/full strength P50 version. The P50v is milder. P50v already contains some BHA, but I personally didn't find it strong enough to replace using PC BHA 2% liquid.

Prior to using BR P50v was still struggling with minor clogs around the temples and hair line, still struggling with flakes around my mouth and nose, as well as surface redness. I would definitely say this product has helped with my skins surface redness as well as allowing that natural glow to my skin return.

I was hoping this product would allow me to stop using BP. However I have not found that to be the case. I still need both a stronger BHA and BP in my routine to keep my skin cyst and clog controlled.

I will not purchase P50v again, but I will purchase the strong version, P50, to see if it will be of more use.

I find the Price of this product rather unpleasant. 1.7 oz for $27.00. But I have used about 1/5 of the bottle in 4 weeks. So it should last me another 4 months or so.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a believer. I've been using generic tretinoin for over 2 years now - I do love tretinoin for its PIH-fading and skin-evening properties, but dryness was something I constantly fought, even in the warmer months. I also could never quite keep my hormonal acne at bay with it. P50, on the other hand, is a game-changer. I use the full strength version, twice a day, and I find it treats my skin while balancing its moisture levels. My skin is the clearest it has ever been - seriously. For the first time in 10 years, I feel comfortable wearing absolutely no makeup on my face. I will never not be without this.

I used P50V for 6 months last year and remember liking it but it didn't become a HG product until this year. I woke up one day this spring and my forehead was COVERED with closed comedones even though I hadn't changed anything in my skincare routine or diet. I whipped out this baby after trying multiple acne products and toners such as the FAB radiance pads to no avail and this cleared everything up within 2 weeks.

Now my forehead is completely clear and I will definitely repurchase. I'll probably try the regular P50 next time I run out of the P50V.

on 11/18/2014 1:37:00 PM

This review is for "P50 1970" - the formulation with phenol. A friend recommended this as an "insider's secret." All I can say is, Wow. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner? I have had rough skin with acne and now that I am in my 40s, sebaceous hyperplasia. This is refining and smoothing my skin. I have only been using it for over a week, but I saw a difference immediately. I use 2-3 drops on a wet cotton ball with the water squeezed out, twice a day. I am continuing to use Retin A Micro and Paula's Choice BHA 9 for the sebaceous hyperplasia, all with no peeling or redness. AMAZING!

on 7/1/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

My review is for P50 1970. I have only been using it for three to four weeks so far at the time of this review. It is strong and it definitely works because of the phenol in this formula. I bought P50 1970 instead of the newer formula of P50 because I wasn't sure whether the newer formula of P50 would exfoliate effectively enough and I didn't want to waste any money!

I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and when I kept using P50 1970 in the first two weeks the fingertips of the hand I use to apply this with to my face kept peeling like a lizard and even though that has stopped those fingertips still feel like they were buffed really smoothly by something therefore something about P50 1970 really does work.

I would say that I made the mistake of using this twice a day, first in the mornings and then in the evenings of course, which was a huge mistake and exfoliated my face a little too much. So please don't make my mistake LOL : ) That exacerbated things so now I use P50 1970 in the evenings only and use First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads during the mornings for the moment.

After I use P50 1970 along with Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante that's when my skin really started to improve by leaps and bounds, feel smoother and acne started to clear up and pimples dried up and shrunk rather quickly! Oh I was so happy and I still am! : )

I use P50 1970 once a day in the evenings, Biologique Recherche Complexe Iribiol serum twice a day, Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil twice a day and Creme Dermopurifiante twice a day now and I use Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant twice a week. I'm glad that I found out about this brand for this exfoliator but especially for the Creme Dermopurifiante. : )