Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.5

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

I agree with all the rave reviews here. In fact, I have a hard time believing that this has been the cause of some of the less flattering views here. This is mot the kind of product that would cause cystic acne IMO. Not unless someone is highly allergic to something in it. Which quite frankly the responsibility of the person with allergies to discern what they are allergic to. Some people are sensitive and allergic to everything and it's not a products fault for not addressing EVERY need, Bottom line for me is that this really given me the best skin I've had in a decade!

on 3/31/2016 1:29:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, however, it just wasn't so.

Some background: My skin is not sensitive and I am not prone to acne. I am extremely pale with neutral undertones and acne is always extremely visible on my skin. 4 years ago I had terrible cystic acne due to going off birth control/burning in the sun/too many topicals. Needless to say it was awful. I turned to MUAC and within a year my skin was back to normal. It was amazing. I use MUAC products religiously, just finished off the glycolic acid, and had hoped this would be an amazing addition to my routine.

I bought the original version a month ago and got started immediately. I think due to my usual peels being much stronger I barely got a tingle from this stuff. I had a pimple that was finishing up and was pretty much just a little red when I first used this stuff. Today, a month later, that mark is still red. Within three days of using this product I also broke out horribly on my chin. A cluster under my lip, one dead center above the cupids bow, one directly under my lip, and a few on my jaw line. Today those pimples are still active and red. No help whatsoever. I personally don't believe in the ' purge period' as everyone has sensitivities to different things on their skin. I am not sensitive at all to acids, I've every one that is listed in the ingredients, and at higher ratios.

I will say that this product did give me glowy skin for the first couple times I used it. I was amazed, even as I was breaking out, but I realized that my MUAC products that cost a fraction of what this stuff is gave me a much better, longer lasting glow.

I will finish the entire bottle and see if anything changes but for me this is a thumbs down.

******

Edit!

So I decided to give the P50 Lotion without Phenol a try and am so glad I did!!! This stuff actually worked on my dry skin and is banishing old red marks in less than a week. Started using about 5 days ago and already one long red mark from an old cyst had nearly completely disappeared. This is AFTER an entire bottle of Sunday Riley Good Genes, that I thought was going to be my HG, did nothing for pigmentation.

I've actually been able to go makeup free this week confidently. So to anyone who used the original and found it to be too much try this version! It is a life changer!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I'm not sure where to begin with this product. It came highly recommend by a family member who's skin seemed to glow as of late and I was looking for a new product to bring to my routine as I'm getting married in a few months so I wanted my skin to be top notch. I saw the amount of raving reviews and knew I had to have it.

Warning for all those who have never used acids before, don't make the same mistake I did. I went full force and began using the product morning and evening without running my cotton pad with water. By the end of week 1 I had called the spa from which I purchased it three times asking if the irritation I was experiencing was normal. They all said the same thing and told me to continue using the product for an additional three weeks and buy the Vivant masque (review on that coming soon) to subside the "purge". My skin was so itchy, it was dry, it had broken out in placed I never even knew possible and worse of all, I felt as though my dark spots were being brought to light instead of fading. It was the worst experience with a skin product. EVER.

With that being said walking into week three my "purge" phase had finally died down. I still happen to have about 2-3 zits on my forehead but overall my skin did look clearer. My dark spots/redness on my cheeks continue to look the same, pores still bigger than ever and I still continue to break out occasionally. Since I am only week 4 into using this product, and I paid top dollar for it, I will continue to use until I run out and give an updated review if necessary but for now, I don't know what the rave is all about. I've seen better results with Kiehl's

on 12/20/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

P50 reformulated version, which IMO contains more and better skin actives.
I was using this simply as the anti-aging acid in my routine, to even out skintone and keep flakes from Retin-a at bay. I do like it, it works somewhat well for me at evening skin tone and the ingredients are great. But it’s not a miracle worker. I get results just as good, or better, from MUAC Mandelic Acid 25%, which is lot cheaper. I don’t have acne or oily skin and problems with my pores. Perhaps if you do, this would be a lot more stupendous at clearing the skin.

It is actually is pretty moisturizing for me, with the glycerine added. I would rotate this nightly with my Retin-a and I was very satisfied with it. Unlike other acids, it didn't leave my skin flaky and dry. Adding it to my routine, in conjunction with Retin-a really helped change my overall skin tone, texture and glow.

BUT - At $90 a bottle, I find it very expensive when compared to MUAC home peels. In the last few months, I've actually seen better results with using the 25% Mandelic acid peel twice a week than what I experienced using P50 3-4 times a week.
The Mandelic is more drying, but also it's stronger and causes a more rapid cell turnover effect for me. This leads to a brighter and more even tone and texture. I see a tighter, clearer tone. The only downside to using the Mandelic peel is that I have to moisturize more. But my skin looks better, so I don't mind.

I'm not saying P50 doesn't work, it's a great, light acid toner that has proven, awesome ingredients. But for my money I prefer the MUAC Mandelic acid hands down.
I still use the P50 here and there, but when I repurchase an acid, it'll be Mandelic.
Try it and see for yourself.

This product has changed my skin like nothing else! I have pretty good skin, rarely get breakouts however I quite easily get congested. You know, those tiny, disgusting bumps under the skin that makes the surface look uneven, and a few pesky blackheads too. I have really struggled to find a product that can get rid of them and I have tried most of what's out there prescription and non prescription. Then I heard about p50. I have the original formula, been using it for a year or so.

All I can say is wow! I think the test of a really great product is if you can tell when you stop using it. Whenever I stop, the congestion comes back within a couple of weeks but then disappears if I start using the p50 again. Also, it gives me a wonderful glow and evens out my skin color. Sure, it stings a little when applied and the skin can get a bit red directly after application but you get used to it. It's hard to find a retailer but if you do, buy lots and hold on for dear life. It's pricey but I'd pay twice the price for the perfect skin it gives me, I don't need to wear any makeup so really you make up for it in makeup costs.

Right now I only use a facial cleanser and then the p50 day and night, no moisturizer, no nothing. And I seem to have found my magic recipe for perfect skin, if you struggle with congestion maybe it will be yours too.

on 2/13/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My facialist turned me on to this. She uses the one with phenol but for daily use I use the one without. I am very leery of using anything banned by the EU and with a slew of web info available about the danger . I used to use AHA soaked pads. I like this product as an exfoliator better. It's actually more economical. I was skeptical about using a product with salicylic acid since my skin is normal and my main complexion concern is aging, not oily skin.

The proof is in the results. I think it exfoliates nicely without drying my skin. My routine is a bit complicated. I don't use it in the evening after cleansing because most evenings, I apply a Px tretinoin cream and I think the combination of the P50 and the tretinoin may be too harsh. In the AM, I spritz with Avene spring water spray. Once it dries, I apply the P50. I wait at least 1/2 hour before I apply a C serum. Retired now, so I have the luxury of this much time most mornings. If I'm in a rush, I just skip the P50 and move on to the C, but that is pretty rare.

This is just one product. But, I have not noticed any new wrinkles and I have noticed that my skin feels incredibly firm for my age, 65, with the combination of the P50, the Px tretinoin and the C serum.

on 12/3/2014 9:27:00 PM

I've drunk the Kool-Aid. This is great stuff. Yes, it smells like vinegar and it stings but it's a game-changer. I use it at night for two reasons. One, it's a little harsh for me twice a day and it's expensive so I use a less expensive toner in the morning and save P50 for nighttime use. I've been following the Caroline Hirons double cleansing regime including P50 for about 4 months and I cannot believe the difference it's made. The overall texture of my skin has improved dramatically. I just bought my second bottle of P50.

on 7/13/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

P50! I could literally write songs about this stuff. Let me take you through my skin makeover miracle instead. (Note, this is pretty much identical to the review I wrote for Alpah H Liquid Gold. I can only be so creative, people.)

P50 is a miracle. A MIRACLE! If they made this stuff illegal, I'd sell my kidney on the black market for a supply.

That being said, I firmly believe that it's a full routine including it that has made the difference for me. Several months ago, I started having horrendous acne. I tried everything, including the full Somme Institute line and Retin-A. My skin kept getting worse. After many, many hours of research I found the perfect routine that has brought my skin back to a pretty flawless glowing state. Here are my steps/rules... it might seem like a lot, but it takes like two minutes and it has worked like a charm:

1a. Double cleanse at night, first with an oil/balm, then with a milk (RMS or Emma Hardie for oil/balm, I like REN or AVEDA Botanical Kinetics for a milk. Sometimes Badescu.)
1b. In the morning, use either a milk, a clay-based cleanser (like Sunday Riley or REN) or Tracie Martyn Amla. I rotate, depending on what I think I need that day.
2a. Biologique Recherche P50. This stuff is the nectar of the gods. I use it twice per day, except for the nights when I use Alpa H.
2b. 2-3 nights per week, I replace P50 with Alpha H. When I do, it's the last step. No serum or moisturizer on top.
3. A good quality antioxidant serum. (Usually just in the morning) Huge fan of Skinceuticals gel. Aesop Parsley Seed is also good.
4. Follow up with a Peptide, a brightening/fading, and a good moisturizing serum. I vary for the peptide, but I ADORE Indeed Labs for Peptabright and Hydraluron. Sometimes I also go in for Tata Harper serum.
5. At night, Sunday Riley oil serum. Sometimes I use REN Omega 3 oil serum. They both smell weird, FYI.
6. Eye cream. At 36, I finally started using a dedicated eye cream... I live and die by Indeed Labs Eysilix
7. A very good quality moisturizer, obvs. I rotate btw Valmont, AVEDA, Kate Somerville Goat Milk, Tata Harper, Aesop... whatever the day seems to call for.
8. La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 45 milk... without fail.

Biggest rules: Drink more water than you ever thought possible. Take a really good quality fish oil. Fermented ones are best. Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh food. Do NOT USE ANY MINERAL OIL. I banished it from everything I use. Mineral oil sits on the skin creating a kind of 'veil' which is great for short-term makeup needs, but terrible in the long run for skin. This is why makeup artists tend to love it, and estheticians tend to hate it. (Generalizing, and just my opinion.)

And then I use various masks a few times per week... an oxygenating one, Biologique Rechere Masque Vivant (which smells like you would not believe), a clay mask, a moisturizing mask... whatever. I just slap them on while I watch tv or something.

Anyway, this turned into quite a rant, but that's how I rehabilitated my skin from having a full on zit-beard and having to wear tons of makeup to having smooth, clear, glowing and firm skin in like 4 months. A significant investment of money, but in my mind totally worth it. Also, I no longer use any prescription meds, as I found Retin-A and Finacea to both burn me to a crisp, no matter what I do.

Just a word of warning... if you jump into this, you WILL have a ton of purging for a while. P50 will pull everything out of your skin and it will do it fast. My dermatologist was explicit: once pores are clogged or congested, there's only one way to clear them... it has to come OUT. So it sucked for a while, but I stuck with it and here I am.

Live long and prosper, people. (But probably you won't prosper financially if you buy all of this stuff.)

on 7/9/2012 1:46:00 AM

I was bumped into this product while ordering Institut Esthederm's NO SUN. It is said to be a cult favorite among celebrities. I have been using this for two weeks now and my oh my! how my pores shrunk and my skin feels baby butt soft. I love love love this product!, my husband is also using this too! and raves about it. Now it had become our very first Holy Grail. I have normal skin and break out once in awhile. My husband on has horrible oily sensitive skin and breaks out every day. I highly recommend this product. My husbands skin has almost completely calm down from breaking out. It's pricey but worth every penny!!. I got mine from rescue rittenhouse spa shoprescuespa.com

on 1/9/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A co-worker is big into skin care...she's always getting facials, buying new products and her skin always glows and just simply looks great. My new year's resolution is to take better care of my skin so that it looks great as I get older. I asked her for her advice on staples she can't live without and she mentioned P50. I did my research (read all the reviews on this site) and found that other women have claimed this as the one product they couldn't live without. I purchased a bottle of P50 1970 from Rescue Rittenhouse Spa (www.shoprescuespa.com) since it was good all skin types and began using it immediately. The product doesn't smell great and the first week was tough because of the redness but that was because it was purging all the toxins from my skin. I started using this stuff on 12/26 (okay, so its an early resolution). The redness had largely gone away in time for the NYE party and I got so many compliments on my complexion. When I went back to the office, my co-worker knew immediately that I had been using P50.

Grab P50 now if you haven't already!