Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

3.9

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

(44 yrs old, originally dry, but now more on the normal/dry) I've been using Biologique Recherche P50 for two years and cannot imagine my nightly routine without it. It smells like Chloraseptic and it can "tingle" (translation- burn); both things I have come to love. I could probably substitute most of my skincare with similar products, but you won't find me without retinol, P50, or my homemade vitamin C serum. These three items have made the greatest difference in my skin.

on 10/30/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I tried, I really did. When I first started using P50, my skin was a mess. Dry, bumpy skin constantly riddled with 4-5 cysts and tons of scars to show for it. Reading all the glowing reviews online, I was convinced this would my skin's savior. In a lot of ways, it did live up to my expectations. My cysts began going away faster, my scars were almost erased. The problem? Every morning I woke up with a smattering of tiny pustules all over my face. You know the kind which bursts and drains while you shower with hot water. In the beginning it was slightly annoying but I overlooked it since my acne was almost gone and the skin surrounding the pustules was looking nice. I thought it was probably my skin purging and decided to give it a couple of months. It never stopped. Every morning I woke up to as many as 10 pustules. Most of them drained when I showered. But the redness around them lasted all day. It was frustrating to have clear skin for once but still having to wear makeup because these superficial pustules made it look like I was broken out. I stopped using P50 and the pustules stopped appearing after a week.

I started using Tazorac soon after and it was the answer to all my prayers to the skin god. After the peely, flaky, ugly phase was over, I had smooth, glowing, acne-free skin for the first time ever. I even started getting compliments on my skin. Then I got greedy. I thought I could make my skin look even better if I added P50 to the mix once or twice a week, all its previous troubles forgiven and forgotten. What a mistake. Like clockwork, I woke up to my cheeks covered in angry pustules. Never again. I decided that I wouldn't stray from my Tazorac + Aquaphor routine which has given me the best skin of my life.

on 9/3/2017 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 50, a lifelong skin care junkie, I thought I'd seen and used it all when it comes to skin care. Boy was I happily surprised when I decided to purchase the famous cult beauty product P50 lotion 1970 (original formula).
I use it in the morning after cleansing, and prior to moisturizing and sunscreen. It does tingle a little after applying, but after a few minutes that dies down.

The results are astounding, the texture and tone of my skin were noticeably improved within a few days. My moisturizer absorbed better and my foundation looked more polished and smooth. Even my skin care specialist commented on how lovely my skin looked. This is a holy grail product I can't live without. I'm looking forward to trying other products from this line.

After reading the great reviews I just had to try this. I bought the new phenol free version and unfortunately it just didn't work for me. I've used it for about 6 weeks and I'm still having break outs. I figured I would for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be getting better so I stopped using it. It's so disappointing after everyone has had such success with it. Fortunately I bought the travel size and even after using it for almost 2 months it's still almost full. Well on to the next product 😔

on 1/6/2017 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is EVERYTHING - a total godsend for those of us struggling with dry patches, uneven tone and texture, and enlarged pores. This stuff knocked my 10% glyco toners out of the running and straight into my garbage can! Seriously!
P50 is probably the only product I have ever tried which does exactly as advertised, if not moreso. [For reference, I am using the P50 1970, original version].

I noticed a difference in my skin immediately-and things just got better with more use. Upon first application I got a bit of a stinging sensation and some redness but it was no biggie, and it went away aft a few uses. Since I am used to deep and heavy peels (at home and in derm office grade procedures) I knew this wasn't an issue for me. Right away my skin was smoother. I used it again at night and woke the next morning to a lovely glow. After a week of use 2x per day, my pores were noticeably smaller (due to the constant exfoliation this stuff does re clearing out the pores) and my dry patches were vastly improved, texture wise. I am now almost a month in and can barely notice any pores (they are tiny and almost closed up), the small blackheads on nose are gone, and my overall skin texture has improved by 90%, if not more. I now use this once a day for maintenance, and have re-added my other products. In conjunction with products such as Luna oil and beneficial creams, I note they now penetrate much better and are doing their job well since the P50 has slothed off the problem patches. I also used to be a major exfoliation gal but have come to find I no longer need those additional (and very pricey) products.

I just can't say enough about this product. Don't let the inconspicuous dollar store type packaging fool you and keep you from purchasing. Yes this is expensive BUT it is worth it! 5 stars? How about 5 thousand stars!!! Major HG in which I will never go without - I purchase 2 at a time now, bc I can't risk running out. That's how good this stuff is!

on 11/8/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The following review is for Biologique Recherche lotion p50 new formula (no phenol know as the "1970 formula"

This stuff is everything it's praised to be. I've been using this for about 4 weeks, and it's changed my skin. It's smooth, calm and fine textured where it was once before textured, bumpy and uneven in tone.
Some people talk about the sting and the redness but honestly, it's not bad at all. I have very sensitive skin and I can tolerate this acid toner without dilution. Yes, my face sometimes gets red for a few minutes sometimes but it calms down quickly. There's no alcohol in this toner but there is vinegar. I'm told it's the preservative, which is ok with me :)

Would I buy this again? For as long as I can afford it, absolutely. I hate most skincare products but this is HG for me. It's amazing
***UPDATE*** I have a bottle of the 1970 Formula now as well, and I can say I prefer that formula. There is too much in the P50 new formula for me to use it every day much less every other day, just too many acids.

Beware: This is overpriced onion water!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is nothing short of amazing. I used to use Differin to prevent clogged pores, but once I added this to my regimen, I quit Differin. The smell is horrid. It smells like vinegar, but it works so so well! I think every woman should have this in her makeup cabinet.

I first came upon this product when I was browsing through the Into the Gloss website. I noticed that almost every model, beauty blogger, and makeup artist had this in their routine. I knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did. I buy the smallest bottle and use it every other day or every 2 days. It works best for me that way.

It stinks so bad, but it's oh so worth it. Buy it now!

This product really is amazing! I bought the large bottle and used it up in two months because I also used some on my legs. After two months, my pores are very small, acne post redness has faded, my skin is brighter, two white marks on my cheeks have faded and now are mostly even with the rest of my complexion, and two small blemishes cleared up very quickly. I used it at first with the lait u cleanser but I ended up not liking it. The lait u cleanser didnt break me out though but I like a stronger cleanser like Cetaphil Daily. Also lotion p50 didn't break me out all and I didn't "purge," like some people do. The smell never bothered me and I actually like the smell, I guess because I associate it with good skin. The instructions say to use it after cleansing, twice a day but I ended up using it only at night before sleeping. I only used at night because after I use it my face gets a little red/pinkish and it makes me look a bit shiny. So this one of those products that the skin looks better after you use for a while, not while you have it on your face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to try this product and saved up for it. It's super super expensive, but I was really motivated by the rave reviews. unfortunately, something just doesn't work well for me. For the background, I have dry, sensitive, blemish-free, rosacea-prone (only on my cheeks) skin. this just irritates my skin. I use the Paula's choice 8% AHA and 2% BHA without issues. I also use a 25% mandelic acid peel from MUAC and occasionally a tretinoin cream. But this toner really irritates me. I have to use it super sparingly and rarely or my skin is unhappy. When i do use it, I can't say that I see any difference :(