Biologique Recherche Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Biologique Recherche Lotion P50
Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

3.9

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 9/3/2017 1:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 50, a lifelong skin care junkie, I thought I'd seen and used it all when it comes to skin care. Boy was I happily surprised when I decided to purchase the famous cult beauty product P50 lotion 1970 (original formula).
I use it in the morning after cleansing, and prior to moisturizing and sunscreen. It does tingle a little after applying, but after a few minutes that dies down.

The results are astounding, the texture and tone of my skin were noticeably improved within a few days. My moisturizer absorbed better and my foundation looked more polished and smooth. Even my skin care specialist commented on how lovely my skin looked. This is a holy grail product I can't live without. I'm looking forward to trying other products from this line.

After reading the great reviews I just had to try this. I bought the new phenol free version and unfortunately it just didn't work for me. I've used it for about 6 weeks and I'm still having break outs. I figured I would for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be getting better so I stopped using it. It's so disappointing after everyone has had such success with it. Fortunately I bought the travel size and even after using it for almost 2 months it's still almost full. Well on to the next product 😔

on 1/6/2017 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is EVERYTHING - a total godsend for those of us struggling with dry patches, uneven tone and texture, and enlarged pores. This stuff knocked my 10% glyco toners out of the running and straight into my garbage can! Seriously!
P50 is probably the only product I have ever tried which does exactly as advertised, if not moreso. [For reference, I am using the P50 1970, original version].

I noticed a difference in my skin immediately-and things just got better with more use. Upon first application I got a bit of a stinging sensation and some redness but it was no biggie, and it went away aft a few uses. Since I am used to deep and heavy peels (at home and in derm office grade procedures) I knew this wasn't an issue for me. Right away my skin was smoother. I used it again at night and woke the next morning to a lovely glow. After a week of use 2x per day, my pores were noticeably smaller (due to the constant exfoliation this stuff does re clearing out the pores) and my dry patches were vastly improved, texture wise. I am now almost a month in and can barely notice any pores (they are tiny and almost closed up), the small blackheads on nose are gone, and my overall skin texture has improved by 90%, if not more. I now use this once a day for maintenance, and have re-added my other products. In conjunction with products such as Luna oil and beneficial creams, I note they now penetrate much better and are doing their job well since the P50 has slothed off the problem patches. I also used to be a major exfoliation gal but have come to find I no longer need those additional (and very pricey) products.

I just can't say enough about this product. Don't let the inconspicuous dollar store type packaging fool you and keep you from purchasing. Yes this is expensive BUT it is worth it! 5 stars? How about 5 thousand stars!!! Major HG in which I will never go without - I purchase 2 at a time now, bc I can't risk running out. That's how good this stuff is!

Beware: This is overpriced onion water!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is nothing short of amazing. I used to use Differin to prevent clogged pores, but once I added this to my regimen, I quit Differin. The smell is horrid. It smells like vinegar, but it works so so well! I think every woman should have this in her makeup cabinet.

I first came upon this product when I was browsing through the Into the Gloss website. I noticed that almost every model, beauty blogger, and makeup artist had this in their routine. I knew I had to try it. I'm so glad I did. I buy the smallest bottle and use it every other day or every 2 days. It works best for me that way.

It stinks so bad, but it's oh so worth it. Buy it now!

This product really is amazing! I bought the large bottle and used it up in two months because I also used some on my legs. After two months, my pores are very small, acne post redness has faded, my skin is brighter, two white marks on my cheeks have faded and now are mostly even with the rest of my complexion, and two small blemishes cleared up very quickly. I used it at first with the lait u cleanser but I ended up not liking it. The lait u cleanser didnt break me out though but I like a stronger cleanser like Cetaphil Daily. Also lotion p50 didn't break me out all and I didn't "purge," like some people do. The smell never bothered me and I actually like the smell, I guess because I associate it with good skin. The instructions say to use it after cleansing, twice a day but I ended up using it only at night before sleeping. I only used at night because after I use it my face gets a little red/pinkish and it makes me look a bit shiny. So this one of those products that the skin looks better after you use for a while, not while you have it on your face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to try this product and saved up for it. It's super super expensive, but I was really motivated by the rave reviews. unfortunately, something just doesn't work well for me. For the background, I have dry, sensitive, blemish-free, rosacea-prone (only on my cheeks) skin. this just irritates my skin. I use the Paula's choice 8% AHA and 2% BHA without issues. I also use a 25% mandelic acid peel from MUAC and occasionally a tretinoin cream. But this toner really irritates me. I have to use it super sparingly and rarely or my skin is unhappy. When i do use it, I can't say that I see any difference :(

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This. Toner. Is. Everything! It's has completely changed my skin. I can't live without it now. I order it from a spa in Montreal, so I have to time my orders do I'm not without it for even a day ;) It exfoliates beautifully, clears any congestion, and doesn't dry me out.

on 4/5/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to hate this product. It's ridiculously expensive, smells terrible, hard to find online...but it's my HG and I'm in love.

I have super acne-prone, sensitive skin, and I've battled breakouts since I was 12 years old. For the past year, my skin freaked out and tons of little clogged pores and huge cysts would appear every day. I tried EVERYTHING - benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, AHA, BHA, lactic acid, peels, masks, completely changed my diet...but none worked and kept my skin happy. Until I found Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 (I buy the original with phenol).

It's been almost 4 months now, and my skin has never been clearer - this product went WAY above my expectations and I can't imagine ever going without it ever again. Yeah, the price hurts (a lot), but I have never found a product that has even come close to helping my skin like this one has. The glycerin in it even helps me moisturize my skin too - it used to be so dehydrated and flaky from using so many harsh products, but now I barely even need to use moisturizer at night. I am completely addicted. Will repurchase forever!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATE: February 28, 2015,
The original P50 1970 with Phenol really is THE BEST product I have ever bought for my skin. Yes, "Crack in a bottle" may sound a bit strange but while I was waiting for the 8 ounce bottle my skin did go into withdrawl. I am addicted to the smell, the tingle and of course the result. Yes, I am using too much, but I also use it as a moisturizer after I use it as a toner. Once my skin is dry I then take some and apply it directly to my face and massage it in.
I'm VERY sensitive to any AHA's etc but P50 doesn't give me any problems with flaking, instead feels very moisturizing. I also ordered another Bioogique Recherche cleanser, this time the last E.V. and after the P50. I ordered from http://www.vickimorav.com and the customer service as and super fast shipping is fantastic. She send me ten samples of other BR products ( tried a few cremes), but weirdly enough my face does better just with the milk and P50. If your not sure just order the small bottle for 28 dollars, your face will thank you.

I read about P50 accidentally somewhere and ordered the small size thinking it would be way too strong for me...Well, it burns a bit and the first day my face turned beet red but just three days after my complexion is perfect. I washed with Erno Laszlo oil and soap and then just put the P50 on WITHOUT a moisturizer afterwards. I have very dry skin but somehow the P50 is taking care of this and I'm not dry or flakey.
I just ordered the cleanser and a serum and hope my complexion will stay this way.
I thought this product was just hyped up but it is truly a miracle product.
Highly recommended.
Update: All I can say is that P50 is "crack for your skin". I went though two small bottles in less than two weeks and just ordered the huge size, maybe that will last me a month.
I'm still using the P50 without a cream or serum and my skin is great; When I used it with the BR serum my skin didn't look as good in the am. I'm hooked for life.