Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin type : Other
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the biggest COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY and I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE.

Of all the beauty products I've bought, I think this one is my single biggest regret. It's just that bad for me. I should've known better from the ingredients to the reviews of how it burns that this is incompatible with my sensitive, slightly dry skin. I just really really hoped and wanted it to work.

Pros
- none

Cons
- burns! hurts!
- breaks me out
- doesn't make my skin feel or look good. Just makes it red, sensitive, irritated, and prone to sunburn. Skin is much worse than before!
- complete waste of money

First of all, THIS BURNS. EVEN WHEN DILUTED. I don't think any face treatment should burn. Some do, unfortunately. I simply don't think it's neccessary. There are a lot of exfoliating products on the market that don't burn; stick with one of those. I have sensitive skin, but have heard from others with normal skin that this burns.

Second of all, in my experience with products, I don't believe in beauty treatments going through a "PURGE". Products break you out or they don't. This purge myth seems like a convenient way for brands to wiggle out of their products being labeled as breaking people out.

Third, the price is ridiculous. Really. So many great, gentle toners/exfoliators on the market.

Fourth, just because something has been around since 1970 doesn't mean it's great

****edit. I've posted hundreds of reviews of this website and rarely get comments from other members about it. Never received any replies/messages taking umbrage with a review. Until this one. I don't know of the individual works for the brand or is simply a big fan of it, but basically commented I should have used sunscreen (I always do) and how the brand isn't available for sale online for a reason (I didn't buy online). I'm posting my reply below here:

From Jessitanner
To NOT GOING TO USE THEIR USERNAME HERE FOR THEIR PRIVACY
Subject RE: P50
Date 8/14/2018 12:36:15 PM
Forward Delete
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm not exactly sure where you got the impression that I purchased online, but I in fact did not. I went into a store authorized to carry it and with their own beauty/skin consultant who recommended the products and advised on how to use. It's been a while since I posted that review and threw out the bottle a while ago, but perhaps it was the p50w and I mistakenly posted the review on the p50 site. Maybe I was advised incorrectly and given the p50. I don't know. I do also use sunscreen rigorously daily, regardless of what other products or acids I am or am not using. My skin burned from the product the same night is use it.

If the brand and their products work well for you, I'm happy. But they didn't for me and I posted a review about it. I'm not sure why you seem to take umbrage with it and make unfounded assumptions of where I or how I bought the product and what aftercare I did or did not use.

Also , just a clarification to my response. The authorized stores beauty consultant was there specifically and only for biologique brand and mentioned how the brand itself has to train the consultants , not the store they're sold at.

on 9/14/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I used both the version with phenol and without phenol, and of the two prefer the phenol version, although the smell and tingling is offputting. I use this at night only and in the morning wake up to smooth, clear skin. I didn't experience any purging or breakouts, but did find it drying so I used it several nights a week and not every night. Since then, I've cleaned up my skincare routine and moved onto Drunk Elephant's night serum, so I won't repurchase this, but I did like it especially as a toner and in a pinch, an underarm deodorant (check the Vicki Morav site - that's where I got the tip).

on 12/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. So far my favorite formula is the 1970(the actual original)
It has a strong smell and does numb the skin, burns a bit but it's so worth it. My skin already looks better and it's rare I find products that actually make an improvement. I'm now going broke trying other things from this line. Personally I don't think this product is outrageous for the amount you get and the results you will see. However their other products are priced much higher and you get much less.

on 10/16/2016 4:30:00 PM

Omg I better start saving my pennies since I will be buying alot of it. Truly amazing ... Ive only been using it for 4 days and Ive tried everything over the years and my skin is so clear already. No blackheads or clogs, smooth and fresh looking. And Im 53 so no small feat! Yes it smells medicinal and numbs my lips a bit but Its worth it ...

on 5/12/2015 10:17:00 PM

This toner has seriously changed my life. I suffered from mild acne throughout my teenage years, and then in my twenties I started getting cystic acne on my chin whilst the rest of my face cleared up. It was quite humiliating and significantly affected my self-esteem. The only thing that seemed to help was long courses of antibiotics.

I tried the p50W (no phenol) on the recommendation of the Australian supplier as I have sensitive skin and several allergies. It cleared up my skin within 3 days. I haven't had a breakout since. I have had a few small spots now and then (maybe 3 over several months), but if I continue to use the p50 on the area it clears up by the next day, rather than lasting for ages and scarring. I've had so many compliments on how great my face looks these days, and its really improved my self-esteem and I've been able to chuck out heaps of medicated lotions and primers and concealers I used to have to wear due to skin issues.

I have also found that the p50W helps with dry skin. I used to get very flakey skin, particularly on my cheeks and eyebrow area, but that is a thing of the past now that I use a BR routine (cleanser, p50, two serums and then the creme dermopurifiante).

I won't lie, its expensive. In Australia I got it for $74 plus postage for 150mL, and the price is going up. But it is SO WORTH IT. It will last a while if you use it sensibly. I will continue to buy this, even if I have to give up something else to be able to afford it. Its one of those products where cost really does equal quality. And you may find you make savings elsewhere if your skin improves.

If you can afford it I cannot recommend this enough. For me, the chance that my skin might get better was worth the risk/cost of purchasing it, and its certainly paid off! Best of luck to you.

on 4/7/2015 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of this a few months ago(P50W) and it has had a huge affect on the appearance of my skin. I do suffer from acne breakouts(mainly on my chin area). Since using this product i have only had about 4/5 spots over the last 5 months. My skin is very clear, i have no problem going out in public with a bare face as my natural skin is beautiful.
I never taught i had a problem with enlarged pores, but it is still amazing the affect this has had on my skin(non problem areas) and the brightening affect, i've been able to change my foundation and wear sheer formulas. My skin is better now than when i was 20.
Only negative i can think of is the smell, but that disappears straight away and is actually comforting in that you know your not getting a product bleached and perfumed.
Since i am using the P50W i don't find it has much of a tingle/burn. Next bottle i will probably try the P50 as i believe the P50W is for more sensitive skin/first time users. I bought my bottle in the Biologique Recherche on the Champs Eyleese and this is what they recommended to me for first time use.
I don't see myself demoting this from my skin care routine probably ever. I'm totally converted to acid exfoliators.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It works like a charm. Here is how I acclimatized my skin to this product as it is strong. I got the 1970 version with phenol.

Week 1 Ė 2: A lot of users found that their skin broke out when they started using this and this is actually a sign that the product is working. The product actually pushes out the congestion trapped underneath your skin and within the first 3 or 4 days they would be gone and never to return again. At least in my case. It was suggested to me to dilute the product half P50 and half distilled or cooled boiled water for the first 2 weeks to reduce the impact of breakouts and slowly ease my skin to full strength. I still did breakout, but it wasn't bad at all. If you were to use it full strength in the beginning, be prepared to face breakouts. It is better to know what youíre getting into ahead of time :)

Results by the end of week 2: Clear and brighter skin. I got P50 because I was interested in the BR Dermapore serum to help with enlarged pores. In order for the serum to be effective, I needed clean pores and this is where P50 steps in. With the notion of breakouts, P50 also pushed the blackheads out and controlled sebum production. I have noticed a reduction in pore size, NOTE reduction not gone. It will take a long time but at least things are going in the right direction now.

Week 3 and counting: Iím on full strength now and after a month of use, it is the best. It smells of course but it will go away quick enough my husband doesn't notice it anymore. I also feel my skin is good enough that I donít even wear foundation or BB cream on a daily basis at anymore.

I cannot begin to tell you how much this product has saved my face. I have been using this for about 8 years now. I used to get at least five new breakouts a day. I went to the dermatologist, but whatever the doc gave me made it so much worse. I didn't think that was even possible! My face just plain hurt it was so awful. Eventually, my mom suggested I get a facial. I was a little hesitant because of the cost. Now I think facials are the best, and I got so much more information from that experience than I ever did with the stupid dermatologist. With this product, I finally have clear skin. I do use other products that I was recommended, but I really do feel like P50 is the clear reason why my skin looks so great. It's not cheap, but I think it's worth it's weight in gold. Please, please try it, but do make sure you ease yourself into it.

I only wish I had tried it earlier.

This toner/treatment turned my skin around in a little over a week.

I use this twice a day and in the first few days had a bit of a purge, but now going into my 3rd week, my skin glows....I just love it.

I have the original 1970 and love it.... for me constant exfoliation is the key to making my carefully chosen anti aging products absorb and my skin glow.

I'm over 40 and investing in products to keep me looking as good as possible. :)

on 10/27/2012 12:33:00 PM

The most amazing product ever!!! My skin has gone from severe breakouts to so clear and glowing that I now get compliments. I just wish I had found it sooner before I got some nasty scars from acne. Yes the smell is not that great but you get used to it. I've been using the Original 1970 one and then switched to new formula but it's not as good. I get mine from www.toskaspa.com because they ship to UK and are always there to answer questions on products.
P50 is the one product I don't think I can live without!