Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.9

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 9/14/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I used both the version with phenol and without phenol, and of the two prefer the phenol version, although the smell and tingling is offputting. I use this at night only and in the morning wake up to smooth, clear skin. I didn't experience any purging or breakouts, but did find it drying so I used it several nights a week and not every night. Since then, I've cleaned up my skincare routine and moved onto Drunk Elephant's night serum, so I won't repurchase this, but I did like it especially as a toner and in a pinch, an underarm deodorant (check the Vicki Morav site - that's where I got the tip).

on 12/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. So far my favorite formula is the 1970(the actual original)
It has a strong smell and does numb the skin, burns a bit but it's so worth it. My skin already looks better and it's rare I find products that actually make an improvement. I'm now going broke trying other things from this line. Personally I don't think this product is outrageous for the amount you get and the results you will see. However their other products are priced much higher and you get much less.

on 9/1/2015 5:54:00 PM

OK I wanted to give this one month of use before I posted a review. All I can say is - OMG. :)
Where have you been my whole life? Using the version WITHOUT phenol.

My skin is finally, in my mid 50's, starting to look even and clear. It's an odd product. Stings. Forms a layer on the skin. Can turn skin red at first, but the outcome - is worth it.

Never seen my skin look like this. Ever. Makes me want to try their other products. I purchased the largest size, I would say with twice daily use it will last 6-7 months. $100 well spent!

THANK YOU ALL for the reviews, you helped me give this a try!

on 5/12/2015 10:17:00 PM

This toner has seriously changed my life. I suffered from mild acne throughout my teenage years, and then in my twenties I started getting cystic acne on my chin whilst the rest of my face cleared up. It was quite humiliating and significantly affected my self-esteem. The only thing that seemed to help was long courses of antibiotics.

I tried the p50W (no phenol) on the recommendation of the Australian supplier as I have sensitive skin and several allergies. It cleared up my skin within 3 days. I haven't had a breakout since. I have had a few small spots now and then (maybe 3 over several months), but if I continue to use the p50 on the area it clears up by the next day, rather than lasting for ages and scarring. I've had so many compliments on how great my face looks these days, and its really improved my self-esteem and I've been able to chuck out heaps of medicated lotions and primers and concealers I used to have to wear due to skin issues.

I have also found that the p50W helps with dry skin. I used to get very flakey skin, particularly on my cheeks and eyebrow area, but that is a thing of the past now that I use a BR routine (cleanser, p50, two serums and then the creme dermopurifiante).

I won't lie, its expensive. In Australia I got it for $74 plus postage for 150mL, and the price is going up. But it is SO WORTH IT. It will last a while if you use it sensibly. I will continue to buy this, even if I have to give up something else to be able to afford it. Its one of those products where cost really does equal quality. And you may find you make savings elsewhere if your skin improves.

If you can afford it I cannot recommend this enough. For me, the chance that my skin might get better was worth the risk/cost of purchasing it, and its certainly paid off! Best of luck to you.

I cannot begin to tell you how much this product has saved my face. I have been using this for about 8 years now. I used to get at least five new breakouts a day. I went to the dermatologist, but whatever the doc gave me made it so much worse. I didn't think that was even possible! My face just plain hurt it was so awful. Eventually, my mom suggested I get a facial. I was a little hesitant because of the cost. Now I think facials are the best, and I got so much more information from that experience than I ever did with the stupid dermatologist. With this product, I finally have clear skin. I do use other products that I was recommended, but I really do feel like P50 is the clear reason why my skin looks so great. It's not cheap, but I think it's worth it's weight in gold. Please, please try it, but do make sure you ease yourself into it.

I only wish I had tried it earlier.

This toner/treatment turned my skin around in a little over a week.

I use this twice a day and in the first few days had a bit of a purge, but now going into my 3rd week, my skin glows....I just love it.

I have the original 1970 and love it.... for me constant exfoliation is the key to making my carefully chosen anti aging products absorb and my skin glow.

I'm over 40 and investing in products to keep me looking as good as possible. :)

on 10/27/2012 12:33:00 PM

The most amazing product ever!!! My skin has gone from severe breakouts to so clear and glowing that I now get compliments. I just wish I had found it sooner before I got some nasty scars from acne. Yes the smell is not that great but you get used to it. I've been using the Original 1970 one and then switched to new formula but it's not as good. I get mine from www.toskaspa.com because they ship to UK and are always there to answer questions on products.
P50 is the one product I don't think I can live without!

on 11/19/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Other

really I give this 5+ stars. because it is the one skin product I can not live without!
even though, broken down, I give it
5 stars for effectivity
4 stars for price - it is very pricey, yet it really lasts a LONG time!
4 stars for packaging - it's easy to travel with, and stays sanitary, yet is not very pretty

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet, as it is my withoutadoubt, hands down, HG toner for years now. I swear I can basically use anything else on my face now, as long as I use this daily, my skin will be in pretty good shape.

I first discovered this from my aesthetician in NYC who saved my skin.

(In my mid-20s, from what I assume was a change in hormones, my skin started breaking out reallllly bad. Worse than ever before. I have always been prone to break-outs, and had oily skin since around age10, but suddenly I had cystic acne covering my cheeks and could find nothing to help!)

Through a series of regular extracting facials and daily use of this toner my skin was healed, and has been better than ever since!

This smells bad, like chloraseptic throat spray. But I don't mind because it works better than anything. I think it has the numbing agent from chloraseptic since it is so strong and maybe that helps your face handle the strength of it. but I am not sure on that point. It exfoliates, non abrasively, heals everything and keeps my pores clear. Cleans off any residue of anything living on your skin. I wish I could bathe in this stuff. Is alcohol free, has healing herbs, and sulphur. There are a couple versions for regular or sensitive skin, but I use the strong one and even with my slightly sensitive skin, never have any problems.

hard to find but acnewizard sells it and has great customer service imho :)

so if you are prone to break outs, or congestion, and/or want to keep your skin glowing, healthy, and clear, use this! don't be scared of the price - a little really goes a long way - one bigger bottle lasts me 6 months or more!

on 11/21/2003 12:48:00 PM

LOVE this. Definitely a staple for me. Exfoliates nicely and helps keep my blackheads at bay. It smells terrible and causes some redness immediately after application. I've been using it consistently for 2 and a half years, and have found nothing like it. For those with sensitive skin, the P50V or the P50W would work better.