Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 7/13/2013 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

P50! I could literally write songs about this stuff. Let me take you through my skin makeover miracle instead. (Note, this is pretty much identical to the review I wrote for Alpah H Liquid Gold. I can only be so creative, people.)

P50 is a miracle. A MIRACLE! If they made this stuff illegal, I'd sell my kidney on the black market for a supply.

That being said, I firmly believe that it's a full routine including it that has made the difference for me. Several months ago, I started having horrendous acne. I tried everything, including the full Somme Institute line and Retin-A. My skin kept getting worse. After many, many hours of research I found the perfect routine that has brought my skin back to a pretty flawless glowing state. Here are my steps/rules... it might seem like a lot, but it takes like two minutes and it has worked like a charm:

1a. Double cleanse at night, first with an oil/balm, then with a milk (RMS or Emma Hardie for oil/balm, I like REN or AVEDA Botanical Kinetics for a milk. Sometimes Badescu.)
1b. In the morning, use either a milk, a clay-based cleanser (like Sunday Riley or REN) or Tracie Martyn Amla. I rotate, depending on what I think I need that day.
2a. Biologique Recherche P50. This stuff is the nectar of the gods. I use it twice per day, except for the nights when I use Alpa H.
2b. 2-3 nights per week, I replace P50 with Alpha H. When I do, it's the last step. No serum or moisturizer on top.
3. A good quality antioxidant serum. (Usually just in the morning) Huge fan of Skinceuticals gel. Aesop Parsley Seed is also good.
4. Follow up with a Peptide, a brightening/fading, and a good moisturizing serum. I vary for the peptide, but I ADORE Indeed Labs for Peptabright and Hydraluron. Sometimes I also go in for Tata Harper serum.
5. At night, Sunday Riley oil serum. Sometimes I use REN Omega 3 oil serum. They both smell weird, FYI.
6. Eye cream. At 36, I finally started using a dedicated eye cream... I live and die by Indeed Labs Eysilix
7. A very good quality moisturizer, obvs. I rotate btw Valmont, AVEDA, Kate Somerville Goat Milk, Tata Harper, Aesop... whatever the day seems to call for.
8. La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 45 milk... without fail.

Biggest rules: Drink more water than you ever thought possible. Take a really good quality fish oil. Fermented ones are best. Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh food. Do NOT USE ANY MINERAL OIL. I banished it from everything I use. Mineral oil sits on the skin creating a kind of 'veil' which is great for short-term makeup needs, but terrible in the long run for skin. This is why makeup artists tend to love it, and estheticians tend to hate it. (Generalizing, and just my opinion.)

And then I use various masks a few times per week... an oxygenating one, Biologique Rechere Masque Vivant (which smells like you would not believe), a clay mask, a moisturizing mask... whatever. I just slap them on while I watch tv or something.

Anyway, this turned into quite a rant, but that's how I rehabilitated my skin from having a full on zit-beard and having to wear tons of makeup to having smooth, clear, glowing and firm skin in like 4 months. A significant investment of money, but in my mind totally worth it. Also, I no longer use any prescription meds, as I found Retin-A and Finacea to both burn me to a crisp, no matter what I do.

Just a word of warning... if you jump into this, you WILL have a ton of purging for a while. P50 will pull everything out of your skin and it will do it fast. My dermatologist was explicit: once pores are clogged or congested, there's only one way to clear them... it has to come OUT. So it sucked for a while, but I stuck with it and here I am.

Live long and prosper, people. (But probably you won't prosper financially if you buy all of this stuff.)

on 3/4/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

**UPDATE Oct. 2016: P50 has changed my skin, and my confidence, for the better. Took me nearly a year to finish the full size bottle.**

Every online review of this acid toner that I read was, frankly, absurd. Breakouts were banished never to be heard from again! Marks and scars faded faster than the speed of sound! Tone and texture as even as a freshly paved road! Jesus wept.

After much internal deliberation and cursory SCB searches, in January 2015 I bought P50 1970 original (with phenol) for $60something from Rescue Spa. I carefully and cautiously followed the most sage tips and tricks from devotees I could find, even if a lot of it was contradictory.

"Use 1-2 drops on a damp cotton round."
"Cotton rounds soak up too much product, and often leave fuzzies behind. Try Shiseido's cotton whatchamacallits instead."
"Screw Shiseido, fingers are the way to be!"
"Pouring the toner into the palm of your hands is messy and wastes product (and $$$)."
"Your skin will purge, it's part of the process."
"Don't use it everyday!"
"It's best to use everyday, at nighttime only."
"Don't use any actives until your skin is adjusted."
"Pat, DO NOT RUB"
"I apply after Vitamin C and before retinol for best results"
"Your skin shouldn't purge, and if it is, you're not reacting well to it. I urge you to stop."

Sometimes I used too much, and my skin immediately hated me for it (i.e. red, itchy, briefly painful, red bumps...). Other times I didn't use enough and was all, WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I MISSING! DO I NEED TO OFFER UP MY FIRST BORN?

I gave it a good six weeks before throwing in the towel.

Until three months ago, January 2016, when hormonal acne struck with a vengeance. The cysts were growing bigger and more painful by the minute. Several whiteheads joined the pity party by late evening. I tried every item in my arsenal, sparing only the bottle of P50 and a stray piece of gauze found in the depths of my medicine cabinet. Desperate times. I gave it whirl and promptly went to bed.

And ohmygod. Literally overnight, the three tenderest musketeers firmly situated on and along my chin were no longer red, throbbing or visible to the naked eye. No trace of whiteheads having ever been on my face. I looked like an Amazonian princess whose delicate features belie her warrior strength..or something like that.

Since then, gauze has been my godsend. Preferably squares folded in half. I use exactly 4 drops, one-and-done swiped all over my face and neck. Every other day, at nighttime usually.

Gauze. It's the easiest, most cost effective, most efficient way to apply P50. I have no idea why.

But now I understand the hype. P50 really is on a whole 'nother level. It will clear your skin. It will fade PIH. You'll see inside your pores for the first time in a decade. You will want to touch your softer-than-a-baby's-bottom face more times than is sanitary. People will tell your ex how "miraculously good" your skin looks since you dumped him (true story).

I advise giving P50, whatever version you choose, the Goldilocks treatment. Don't be afraid to experiment. Find out how much you should apply. Figure out what method of application works for you without wasting product, time, or money (in that order). Learn how often you should consistently use it. Practice patience (it's a virtue I hear). Get things just right.

And if all else fails, try gauze.

on 1/22/2007 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my first review for great products that work, but smell horrible, cost a fortune and take up a lot of time to put on (if you use the masque. I would never have found these products but for a tip with a friend with amazing, crystal clear olive skin. I have used b.r. products for five weeks, as recommended by my aesthetician, Aida Bicaj, and they are the only things that have reduced the bumpiness and/or appearance of milia on my eyelids and under eye area; adult acne (from age thirty to present time) and discoloration and broken capillaries on my left cheek; and soothed and smoothed out on my combination confused medium-olive complexion (Filipino skin). For reference, for about nine years, I have tried and failed with dermatologist prescribed avita, tretinoin, Retin A/Retin A micro, hydroquinone; luxury lines like obagi and Guerlain Creme Orchidee; drugstore brands like Queen Helene; makeupalley suggestions like aspirin mask and health food items like honey mask, jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil, almond oil. The oils ended up breaking out my skin but not really curing the parched spots (caused by retin A etc that I've had to resort to prescription cortisone cream and Desown to calm it down). I would recommend going to a good aesthetician to find out which b.r. products are right for you, but the stars of the line are Lotion P50; finishing serum VIP 02 and MAsque Vivant. I use a quarter and a nickel sized dollop of LAit VIP O2 (about $75 for 8.5 oz, lasting about three-4 months) which sinks right into my skin and is my personal favorite product (no need to wipe off excess as per directions); then Lotion P50 or P50V (same price as above) which my aesthetician says not to rinse off/spray off (these directions are for people who can't stand the smell.Then, Mask Vivant (optimally once a day or at least twice a week; I've seen prices vary from 80-150 for 5.2 oz; best price at Paul Labrecque online) which is fiercely, stomach churningly pungent (swab the inside of your nose with tea tree oil diluted with water or vick vapor rub, breathe out through your mouth and don't do it when a loved one or anyone else is home). Beware as Mask is more pungent after you wipe it off with a damp cotton pad. Then spread 2-4 drops of Oligo Proteines Marines serum (I think $30 on Paul Labrecque) over face and neck; then between a nickel and a quarter sized dollop of creme dermopurifiante (my next favorite for $75 for 1.7 oz; in the winter I think it goes quickly like in about 6 weeks; I think it is also making my eyebrows grow); and then finally VIP02 finishing serum ($150-180 for 1.02 oz in an irritating opaque blue container that you cannot see inside). Because of the damage wrought by overheated NY apartment living, my aesthetician also prescribed Creme VIP 02 which unlike the others doesn't smell and feels like crushed pearls. By the way, there is no greasy afterfeel; your skin just feels soft and moist, like it is breathing. So long as I can stand the price, I will continue to use these products. By the way, my dermatologist actually said my skin looked healthier. Sorry for the long review; I hope this helps anyone thinking of using b.r.

on 8/26/2013 5:49:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive and very dry mature skin (I'm 46). In addition, my skin is quite prone to blackheads and clogged pores, it breaks out once a month, and I get deep red cystic/hormonal acne a few times a year, which takes months to resolve. Yes, great skin.

I began using P50 about 2 months ago and the results have been so good that I now feel like I've got someone else's skin. My pores are very clear, more so than ever in my life. My complexion is radiant, as others have said. And I haven't broken out in 2 months--which is 2 fewer (big) break outs than I would usually have had during this time period. P50 doesn't seem to dry out my skin, but then I use a LOT of moisturizers morning and night (moisturizing toner after P50, then hyaluronic acid/glycerin product, then oil serum, then moisturizer).

I chose the P50 rather than the P50V or P50W despite my very sensitive skin because people seemed to believe it's the formulation to use, that the others don't work. But I was really frightened to use it on my skin because I react to EVERYTHING. So here's what I did: for the first two weeks, I followed directions and online advice to use a damp cotton ball with only a few drops (2-3) of P50. I only used P50 twice a week. After 2 weeks, and no problems--but noticeably more radiant skin--I began using it every day (evening only), still using a damp cotton ball but maybe 4 little drops of P50. I did that for 2 more weeks. Then I began alternating the damp cotton ball with a dry cotton ball. (I could really feel the difference when I used the product "straight" vs on damp cotton, not always in a happy way.) Now, two months since I started, I use a dry cotton ball most days but find that if I do so for too many days in a row my skin gets slightly irritated. Not terribly, but I'm aware of it all day, as if I got a little product burn. (It still looks lovely, glowy, radiant, and soft.)

All that said, I've found that for my sensitive skin this product is fantastic but I have to be careful with it. I sometimes use it straight (on dry cotton), other times use a damp cotton ball, and only use it once a day. With that approach it's brilliant for me and my skin has never, ever looked so good. (I don't even like to wear tinted moisturizers, let alone foundation, these days because I want to "show off" my skin!) Anyone else thinking of using this on sensitive skin, I suggest you start slow. You'll still get the results (and I didn't get purging, by the way, perhaps because I went so slowly with it) but won't get the irritation.

It's magic. My only regret is I didn't find out about it sooner.

UPDATE Sept 2 2014: It's a little over a year later, and I just wanted to say that I still adore this product. If I had to give up everything else I use, I'd keep this. I always use a dry cotton ball to apply it now (with no irritation) and use it morning and night. At night, I use the P50 "original 1970" lotion (US version with poison, er, phenol). In the morning, I use the P50 EU version (no phenol). The EU version is definitely less strong, at least on my skin. I do think my great results are due to the phenol (or due to the US version, anyway). So, as I said, I love this. My skin never breaks out. Not ever. I may get the occasional tiny red mark at the end of a day of wearing lots of heavy sunscreen or makeup, but it's gone by morning. My fears about putting a new product on my face--will it cause a huge cyst or angry pimple??--are completely gone. I feel insanely lucky to have found this and hope it works as well for everyone else. We deserve peace of mind about our skin.

on 9/4/2015 7:37:00 AM

LOTION P50:

Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Citric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Malic Acid, Vinegar (Acetum), Phytic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Rumex Acetosa Leaf Extract, Myrtus Communis Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Oil, Sulfur, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

LOTION P50W:

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Magnesium Chloride, Malic Acid, Vinegar (Acetum), Phytic Acid, Citric Acid, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Sulfur, Allantoin, Sodium Salicylate, Serine, Urea, Sorbitol, TEA-Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Benzoate.

LOTION P50V:

Water (Aqua), Gluconolactone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Lactic Acid,
Ethoxydiglycol, Vinegar (Acetum), Magnesium Chloride, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Phytic Acid, Spongilla Lacustris Spicule Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex Extract), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract, Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Sulfur, Sodium Salicylate, Salicylic Acid, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate.

on 2/5/2011 1:49:00 PM

I read about this product in Town and Country, ck'd reviews online, with this site having the most and decided to give it a try. I'm 63, have pretty good skin but still have an occasional blemish (can you believe it...at my age). At any rate, after reading the success others had with the product clearing acne prone skin...well, the decision was made.

I am now 4 weeks into using the products and give it 5 stars. I've used Obagi for years along with Retin-A and though I wasn't unhappy...those darn blemishes continued to be a problem. BTW...I do love Obagi too. But that's another review so, getting back to BR... I read every review and all I could find online about the products before deciding what to purchase...I settled on the Lait VIP O2 cleanser, P50, MC 110 (#2) and Creme Dermopurifiante. I love the cleanser, P50 (you do get used to the smell) and MC 110. My skin has the same glow it had with Obagi but the red marks from an old blemish...GONE in about a week and in two days I noticed that it was beginning to disappear. I have questioned my purchase of Creme Dermopurifiante and the reason are: though having a somewhat creamy texture it didn't apply and spready easily on my face and the same with my makeup after using Dermopurifiante. I was not using my moisturized before or after....thinking the Dermopurifiante was enough. So I quit using it after a couple of weeks and went back to my usual moisturizer. Today I researched more about Dermopurifiante and found that applying a thin layer of moisturizer before helps with applying Dermopurifiante. Tried that technique and it worked beautifully...wondered why I didn't think of that myself. Now I have another chance to see if I like the product.

The one thing I didn't order before but did today is L'Eauxygenante...some like it, some don't...but thought I'd find out for myself.

A big thanks to all of you who routinely take the time to review products...I am most appreciative and will do a better job at reviewing products myself. I found this site so unbelievably helpful....Thank you.

on 10/7/2007 3:38:00 PM

I love this product. I am 53 and have been using this product for 10 years, My skin has not aged. It has smoothed out my skin making my deep acne less noticeable. It has taken the roughness from my skin. It has also made my pores less noticeable. I use the entire line. I use the P50, MC110, VIPserum,demopurifiant, and the biofixine cream. Every time I stop using these products my skin returns to its poor condition. I will never be without these products. My skin is better now than it was in my 30's. I also enjoy the scent of the system. Every product smells natural . The systen does not hide the natural scent of it's products. I have not broken out in years and I do not have any blackheads. My skin glows. At first my skin did purge but I kept with it and am I glad I did.

on 3/23/2016 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Abstract - Do not walk, do not run, take a supersonic jet to get this product. Immediately. You need it. Everyone needs it. I feel like I found the reason Helen of Troy was abducted by a smarmy little tool, because her skin was so bloomin' smooth from P50.

Full Review - I really have to contain myself or this review will be fifty-thousand words long. After almost a year of debating, I finally purchased Lotion P50 and Lotion P50 1970 from Rescue Spa. I bought the 1.7 ounce sizes of both, for $27 each.

With complete honesty and no hyperbole, despite how excited I am about this product, both versions of the lotion are the best products I've ever used. I judge that by the effect a product has upon my skin. I am a person with chronic adult acne. See my notepad for way too much info on that aspect, but I have seen the most difference in the health of my skin and the reduction of my acne with the P50 than I have EVER seen with any other product or treatment.

In January of this year, I had yet another horrible acne flare. They come in waves so frequent that the old spots are not fully healed when the new wave hits. It feels disgusting. So I broke down and bought the P50 and revised other aspects of my routine. I began using the P50 on February 16th, and I decided to alternate the P50 and P50 1970 every night. I began by dousing a cotton pad with a rosewater mist and then shaking the P50 on the same pad to dilute in order to prevent sensitivity. I haven't had great experiences with acids in the past, so I was fearful and hesitant.

I felt a slight tingle to begin with, from both formulas. That has since gone away, and I dilute it less and less each week. I barely feel the numbing from the phenol in the 1970 version, and it's really only noticeable when I accidentally get a bit on my lip. So then...after about five weeks of use, continuing to alternate the formulas, my acne has retreated into submission. I have not experienced a new "wave," my spots from previous waves have reduced into nothing, I have no cysts lurking beneath the surface like giant squid ready to attack. The redness from past spots/scars is also reducing consistently, in a way I thought I would not achieve unless I got laser treatments. There is a smoothness that is new to me, and the beginnings of what could turn out to be that elusive mythic "glow."

I love this stuff. I think I might have a slight preference for the P50 over the P50 1970, but I will continue to have both on hand. I might buy the largest size P50 and keep the smaller 1970 around. The bottles of the smaller sizes are pretty basic, and I think the dispenser insert could be designed better, but I'm not really complaining! In this case, you're paying for the formula, and that formula is unique and incredible.

Just for reference, my two 1.7 ounce bottles are both more than half full. I believe that one of those bottles would last about two months when used nightly, making the formula cost $13.50 per month at the smaller size. I know the price is slightly more economical with larger bottle sizes. Rescue Spa has codes on occasion which would also help make these products more accessible. P50 is not something I will go without, EVER, and while I can't speak for skins that have no acne issues, I am so certain of this formula's insane effectiveness that I would recommend it to anyone. You just have to determine which of the six versions is best for you.

on 1/27/2017 2:24:00 AM

06/24/2017: This is an update to my previous review of the Lotion P50. After 5 months of use, I can tell you with complete confidence that this is a total game changer to my overall skin condition. I have paired it with Masque Vivant (using it twice a week) and even my husband has noticed the changes the products have brought to my skin.

I used to wear make up everyday (not heavy makeup) I would use my CC cream faithfull to conceal and brighten up my skin. I usually wake up in the morning with dull looking skin, but now after a few months of use (the magic dual Lotion P50 and Masque Vivant), my skin looks brighter and more refreshed. I don't wear any make ups now when I don't need to go to work and still feel amazing and confident.

The bottle will lasts about 6 months and am ordering my second bottle of Lotion P50 today to make sure I'm fully covered.

01/27/2017: My company sent me to Paris last week and the first thing that came to my mind was to look for "must buy skincare products in Paris", and VOILA! BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE LOTION P50 was the first thing to pop up at Google Search in nanoseconds..... I started to read all these reviews and testimonies about Lotion P50. That was the first time ever I've heard about this product (yea.... I know this is lame because many beauty editors have been talking about this for years). Anyways, it is pretty hard to get even in Paris because most (almost all) pharmacies and parapharmacies do not carry BR products. Also the fact that I spent most of the time in the office, I didn't have time to check out every store. In the end, I went straight to their physical store on Rue de Champs-Elysees to get the Lotion P50 1970. This lotion, more like a toner is no joke!!!! People call it Holy Grail, Jesus in a Bottle, Facial in a Bottle, and what not, I called it my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle. The bottle doesn't come in a nice glass fancy bottle or elegant packaging but I'm sure every single penny I've spent on this product is worth for what I get inside this white plastic bottle. I'm actually banging my head on the wall right now for not getting more of their products while in Paris!

OK, back to the review. This is only the fourth day I'm using it and I'm not kidding, IT WORKS WONDERS! My skin has been a mess over the pass few years: dryness, fine lines, large pores, acne, and sometimes I have a large cystic that keeps coming back from time to time when I'm super stressed and exhausted, and hormonal problems. My skin was dull, flaky and acne prone during the winter and oily, acne prone (yes, that sucks) during the summer or humid days. I have used many... like many products in the past, high-end, low-end, home-made, prescription products, and even products from Japan, Korea and Taiwan, where they're famous for skin care products. Well, none of them gives me this kind of immediate results like the Lotion P50. For me, I do not think it's on the pricey side. I truely think the the price is reasonable given the fact that I know this is going to work. I used the pricey stuff like SK-II's Facial Essense for more than a year (I thought I just needed to be patient and be persistent), "a bottle" of La Prairie Dry Oli (a bottle because it's $300 for a teeny tiny bottle which clogged my pores, and at that point, me and my wallet kind of lost our patience). I also tried the OTC brand like the Neutrogena Pore Fining Cream and Toner (which seemed to work in the beginning but I had massive breakouts later on, and dried patchy skin) and many other creams, serums and elixirs. I was hopeless and very close to a point where I was going to accept the fact that my skin is Bleh :( .... and my face looks Bleh :(..... for the rest of my life. I'm so SO happy that finally get my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle- the Lotion P50. I'm not exaggerating and I feel that I have to write this review because I needed to say something about it and share my experience with you.

Like most of the Lotion P50 users' comments about the smell of this product, its not pleasant, but it's tolerable. It will definitely give you that tingling sensation, but I really like it, in a sense that I know it's actually doing the working on my skin. Although the instruction tells you to put a few drops on a cotton pad and dap it to your skin, but I'm a cheapo and feel like 80% of the Lotion will be wasted on the cotton pad, I decided to just put a few drops on my palms and dap it to my face and neck. I have been using it twice a day for a few days and I've noticed the immediate nice glow on my skin. Redness is gone, skin feels soft and bye bye oily face. Before using this product, I put on make up everyday when I get to work) BB cream, eyeliner, blush and some brow liner. My makeup will stay for several hours, but the oil from my face washes off most of the make up by mid-day. After using this product (just a few days), my make up can stay up for the entire day while still feeling fresh and soft! I can't stop gazing myself at the mirror to witness this miracle myself!

Again, I'm using this for less than I week and I'm seeing and feeling the results already. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Lotion P50 will continue to work it's magic on my skin. I'll give another review in a month on how it's working on my ance, and whether it has minimizes my enlarged pores! I'm using the Lotion P50 with the Clarins Day and Night cream now. As soon as I finish the cream, I'll definitely use it with other BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE products for better results.

You can get this and other BR products in the US through a few renowned resellers such as The Rescue Spa, The Art of Beauty, Aida Bicaj and Paul Labrecque (I'll not get them from eBay or other unauthorized sellers). But if you ever had a chance to go to Paris, go to their salon store on Rue de Champs-Elysees, and may a schedule a facial treatment if your schedule allows you to do that! It's less expensive to get it in France

on 2/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

I use the original Lotion P50 1970 with phenol, a controversial ingredient that I read has now been banned in Europe and the UK. Since the US hasn't banned this formula yet, I decided to plunge on in; after all, it was the original formula that earned this product its cult following. I ordered the smallest bottle available from Rescue Spa to try it out. Here's my breakdown:

Cons: Really, really stinks. Smells like burning rubber to me, and I'm not usually sensitive to odors. And the smell doesn't dissipate quickly, I can catch whiffs of it for up to an hour after I put it on.

It's expensive. Granted, there are some products out there that are in the $300+ range, but still expensive. I paid $27.00 for 1.7 ounces. The largest bottle, 8.5 fluid ounces, was $94.00. Pretty heft price for what is basically a toner.

It's hard to find. I ordered online at Rescuespa.com

The packaging looks cheap even to me, and I'm really not into packaging. No one will see this bottle on your sink and think that it is a beauty secret!

PROS
It works. That simple. It does what it says it will do. At least for me. I had only used this 2 nights and I could tell the difference in my skin. I have mature, very congested skin. I use retin-a 3X a week for anti-aging treatment, and it does help some with the clogged pores. But not much. Nothing ever has. Not even extraction, because the pores become congested again almost as soon as they have been extracted. I have been fighting a losing battle for a long time.

My pores are cleaning out. I can tell the difference. Any foundation or CC cream that I use looks better because my skin is smoother and clearer. I am so happy with this that I ordered the Creme Dermopurifiante and Lait U cleanser. I think these additional products complement my routine, but the Lotion P50 1970 is the real workhorse of the 3 products. I intend to order a serum once I can afford it.

I have no idea why this product works. I've looked at the unimpressive ingredients and if I were to base my decision on that alone, I never would have purchased this stuff. But I went by the reviews, at MUA and elsewhere on the internet and took the chance, and I am now a believer (with a considerably lighter wallet).