Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 9/15/2018 10:20:00 AM

I got the P50T, because in Japan they have only a limited (three types, I believe) range of these toners. I was warned that it stinks to high heaven, and in the beginning I was shocked, but now I am used to it and I even use it in the mornings, because it does dissipate. It’s a pretty nasty sensation to apply it, because, even though I do not rub it in, I just pat it gently in upwards motions, as I was taught by the BR esthetician, it still tingles and reddens my skin. You have to be careful with what you put on next, because I noticed it doesn’t always mesh well with other essences or serums. For example, SKII Facial Treatment Essence or CosRX Centella Blemish Ampoule caused such massive redness and burning, that I had to wash my face immediately. Thankfully, it works well with other serums I love, so it’s not a major problem. I give it 5 stars because it really helps to clear, heal and keep my hormonal acne at bay, like nothing else. It’s a product that truly does what it says. The only place I would hesitate to use it on is the neck. As a previous reviewer said, it really dries and irritates the skin on the neck, so I use a different toner for that area. Overall I would repurchase because despite the smell and the other issues, it really clears up my skin, which is the reason I invested in it in the first place.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lotion P50 1970 is the only skincare product you absolutely NEED. It changes everything about your face from texture, redness, pores and pimples. This product makes my skin look glow-y and alive enough that it shines through any makeup I wear. I guarantee if you buy expensive makeup or full coverage you won't need either of those things once you consistently use this product. I now buy the lightest coverage because other than redness and the occasional pimple, I LOVE the way my skin looks.

It's expensive BUT I guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your skin, you will inevitably spend hundreds of dollars buying poor products that are readily available and highly marketed that don't have the active ingredients you need. A large bottle can easily last you at least a year and you can slap the cheapest makeup on your face...it will still look beautiful.

It has a vinegar smell, guarantee you won't notice it after a few uses. It's hard to find, seek out high end spas on the internet. The 1970 version is 'illegal' in Canada due to phenol but you can still get it if you look hard enough but if not the Lotion P50 is just as good.

If this product was to cost $500 I would still religiously repurchase. It's HG of the HG's and will never live without it

on 6/24/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My partner bought the Lotion P50V 1970 for dry skin. He couldn’t use it because the smell of the phenol grossed him out so much, but I started using it to try to help my adult acne.

I have been using this for the past 4 months and barely made a dent in the medium bottle. I pour a few drops into my palm and pat it all over my face after washing my face with the pink Lunese Cyclic cleanser. It burns a little bit and makes my face red, but the phenol helps and my skin always looks amazing when I wake up in the morning. It smells absolutely disgusting, but I got used to it. You’re supposed to use this twice a day, but I’m afraid of people smelling it on me during the day, so I only use it once a day at night.

It has absolutely normalized my skin, making it less oily, reducing the size of my pores, and giving my skin a healthy glow. I get far less acne, my skin texture has improved, and the sebaceous filaments on my nose are barely perceptible. After I go through the bottle with phenol, I will probably try a gentler version without phenol for my next bottle, probably the P50W without phenol.

on 5/30/2018 12:20:00 AM

Don’t bother, go straight for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Toner and skip this. Biologique Recherche as a brand is loaded with animal ingredients- pig collagen... amniotic liquid and placenta. I am saying the brand, not this lotion specifically. The Ordinary toner costs less than 10 USD and does same job.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.

on 4/3/2018 12:09:00 PM

This is the stuff!! I eased my way into using this because I wasn't sure what to expect. I have the 1970 version with phenol. It makes your face red and numb and is kind of stinky when you put it on but these effects don't last long. It seems to do amazing things for the clarity and tone of my skin. It also seems to help resolve minor breakouts and milia bumps without being overly drying. I am 51, and both my husband and adult daughter recently commented on how amazing my skin looks. I had been trying out CC creams for redness and blotchiness, but since using this every day or so, my own skin looks better than any coverage from a CC cream so I only need sunscreen and my under eye concealer. I started out with a travel size bottle, which was enough for many uses, but just reordered a bigger size. This is one skin care item that truly makes a difference. Worth the price!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the biggest COLOSSAL WASTE OF MONEY and I WOULD NOT REPURCHASE.

Of all the beauty products I've bought, I think this one is my single biggest regret. It's just that bad for me. I should've known better from the ingredients to the reviews of how it burns that this is incompatible with my sensitive, slightly dry skin. I just really really hoped and wanted it to work.

Pros
- none

Cons
- burns! hurts!
- breaks me out
- doesn't make my skin feel or look good. Just makes it red, sensitive, irritated, and prone to sunburn. Skin is much worse than before!
- complete waste of money

First of all, THIS BURNS. EVEN WHEN DILUTED. I don't think any face treatment should burn. Some do, unfortunately. I simply don't think it's neccessary. There are a lot of exfoliating products on the market that don't burn; stick with one of those. I have sensitive skin, but have heard from others with normal skin that this burns.

Second of all, in my experience with products, I don't believe in beauty treatments going through a "PURGE". Products break you out or they don't. This purge myth seems like a convenient way for brands to wiggle out of their products being labeled as breaking people out.

Third, the price is ridiculous. Really. So many great, gentle toners/exfoliators on the market.

Fourth, just because something has been around since 1970 doesn't mean it's great

****edit. I've posted hundreds of reviews of this website and rarely get comments from other members about it. Never received any replies/messages taking umbrage with a review. Until this one. I don't know of the individual works for the brand or is simply a big fan of it, but basically commented I should have used sunscreen (I always do) and how the brand isn't available for sale online for a reason (I didn't buy online). I'm posting my reply below here:

From Jessitanner
To NOT GOING TO USE THEIR USERNAME HERE FOR THEIR PRIVACY
Subject RE: P50
Date 8/14/2018 12:36:15 PM
Forward Delete
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm not exactly sure where you got the impression that I purchased online, but I in fact did not. I went into a store authorized to carry it and with their own beauty/skin consultant who recommended the products and advised on how to use. It's been a while since I posted that review and threw out the bottle a while ago, but perhaps it was the p50w and I mistakenly posted the review on the p50 site. Maybe I was advised incorrectly and given the p50. I don't know. I do also use sunscreen rigorously daily, regardless of what other products or acids I am or am not using. My skin burned from the product the same night is use it.

If the brand and their products work well for you, I'm happy. But they didn't for me and I posted a review about it. I'm not sure why you seem to take umbrage with it and make unfounded assumptions of where I or how I bought the product and what aftercare I did or did not use.

Also , just a clarification to my response. The authorized stores beauty consultant was there specifically and only for biologique brand and mentioned how the brand itself has to train the consultants , not the store they're sold at.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As a black woman who has to be very picky about what products I put on my skin, I happened to stumble a popular YouTuber going through finer skincare items. I was a bit nervous about this product as the price isn't exactly a walk in the park. After getting a sample size of this I fell in love with my skin.

As someone who doesn't have an unlimited budget, I try to budget this in every 4-6 months and rotate it with my Pixi Glow Tonic. If I was really abrasive with my skin then it will tingle a lot but overall it made my skin clearer and my pores smaller.

I'm 17 and i depend on this product so much! My mum and sister also use this. We've gone away for Christmas and forgot this at home and i can already tell (it's been 2 days). This clears out your skin, NOTHING is comparable to this. I've been using it for over a year and it is insane. Also, I wanted to remark that the other reason why my skin has cleared is because i used the BR Placenta cream. The first month my skin was 10 times worse but only because it brings to the surface all the bad stuff. My skin is great thanks to these products. PLEASE TRY THEM AND THANK ME LATER

on 12/26/2017 11:31:00 AM

this helped me get rid of the whiteheads i used to have on my forehead. it doesn't seem to be as effective on my cheeks, but I'm grateful for what it did on my forehead. my skin is pretty tough from regular chemical peels, but this stung a little and made my face feel warm and tingly the first time I applied it... so I would recommend to go slow with this one, if your skin is sensitive. it absorbs quickly, even if I apply more than necessary, which I really, REALLY appreciate. while I'm trying to figure out if I can justify purchasing the big bottle I'm not using it that much because I don't want to run out, so I can't remember if I saw any hydration improvement on my skin but I never experienced any excessive dryness from this. I would buy a small bottle and see if you love it. Use it regularly until you run out and if you don't love it, don't buy it, it's way too expensive to buy if you only like it.