Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by age: 30-35
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.1

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Lotion P50 is difficult to review because, moreso than most skin products, it is very specifically targeted to skin type. In terms of the "new" P50, I found it to have little noticeable effect on my skin compared to other, less expensive (and more active) acid toners. It also consistently irritated my neck, likely a combination of dry skin and vinegar. I personally would not buy again, but that doesn't mean I oppose all variations (P50 1970 works for me—go figure). Best advice here is to speak to a brand expert and have them choose the right version for you. If this is your fit, it does live up to the cabbage water and vinegar smell—once it fades, you're ready to continue with other products. If starting with a damp cotton is still too irritating, I'd also suggest starting at the forehead where the skin is less delicate.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As a black woman who has to be very picky about what products I put on my skin, I happened to stumble a popular YouTuber going through finer skincare items. I was a bit nervous about this product as the price isn't exactly a walk in the park. After getting a sample size of this I fell in love with my skin.

As someone who doesn't have an unlimited budget, I try to budget this in every 4-6 months and rotate it with my Pixi Glow Tonic. If I was really abrasive with my skin then it will tingle a lot but overall it made my skin clearer and my pores smaller.

on 11/8/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

35, oily, sensitive, hormonal breakouts, bad texture and tone, hyper pigmentation from acne, redness, basically: nightmare skin! I started with p50w but worked my way up with a damp cotton pad 2x a week, to twice daily, then swapped to p50. My skin did shed and purge for several weeks, it wasn't sore or red, just shedding very quickly, exfoliating in the morning with a muslin cloth would still mean by the afternoon I would have snake face! I'm glad I stuck with it though. I've been using it for 3 years now, in that time I've introduced retin-a and also vit-c. I also use CAIS by niod which I think made my skin less sensitive and reactive. My skin is great now, the texture and tone and really smooth and clear, the fine lines around my eyes that had began to form before using this has disappeared, no new wrinkles so far, not bad for an ex smoker and being late to spf, so fingers crossed. It does last, and I use it daily, it knocked a lot of other products away so has saved me money.

on 9/14/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I used both the version with phenol and without phenol, and of the two prefer the phenol version, although the smell and tingling is offputting. I use this at night only and in the morning wake up to smooth, clear skin. I didn't experience any purging or breakouts, but did find it drying so I used it several nights a week and not every night. Since then, I've cleaned up my skincare routine and moved onto Drunk Elephant's night serum, so I won't repurchase this, but I did like it especially as a toner and in a pinch, an underarm deodorant (check the Vicki Morav site - that's where I got the tip).

on 8/8/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the P50 1970 liquid for about 6 weeks. I buy mine from TOSKASPA. ( Excellent fast service)
I suffer from clogged pores and I've used every single product on the market with no positive results. My skin is extremely picky and moody - so its been hard for me to find a really good product.

THIS WORKS!
It takes time but it works- my clogged pores are not gone but they are drastically reduced and I know for a fact with continued use they will be gone. I've had some of these clogged pores for years - so i know it will take some time for them to reach a head. I did suffer slight purging but nothing major- there were a few big zits - but I let them be - once i pick at them they become worse.

I use this every day after my shower - the best method for me is to pour the lotion on a cotton pad and spread across my face. I squeeze the cotton pad after and push whatever is left on to my skin-

It moisturizing and never leaves me with a tight feeling. There is a tingling feeling but it subsides quickly. The first few weeks of using this product my skin burned more but now my skin doesnt burn as much. The smell is a bit obnoxious but Im used to it. THINK CHLORASEPTIC throat spray. LOL

The only thing I hate is the price ! :(
Packaging could be better - but it is what it is!

I am grateful to finally have found this product- it HG for me.

on 4/13/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am using the P50T, which is the "milder" version, and the only one available in my area. I have been using it on a nightly basis for about 3 weeks and I can already see a difference - a lot less blackheads and whiteheads on the nose (~70% less), smaller looking pores on the cheeks, and generally more refined looking skin all over. I use this only at night, after a double cleanse, and I use an uru-uru sponge to apply (another must-have item, a cotton pad that isnt actually a cotton pad), wait for it to dry (~5-10 minutes), then apply my hydrating serums/essences/oil/cream (whatever I feel like my skin needs that night). The next morning, my skin feels extraordinarily soft and smooth. Keep in mind though that if you are not used to acids or have sensitive skin, go slow. The salon where I bought this from actually gave me a call about a month after I bought this to check on whether I had any adverse reactions - I guess some people might have had bad experiences, so be careful. Normally I only post reviews after being a longtime user (a few months), but there's such visible results that I might as well get this review out of the way now. I would probably repurchase this, unless I find something cheaper and at least as good. Price might be a barrier for some (I got this for S$120, I think) but the bottle looks like it might last me at least 6 months of nightly use. So for something that works well and lasts this long, I think the price is worth it.

on 3/14/2017 12:42:00 PM

I've been using this twice a day for three weeks, and while it hasn't done anything bad to my skin, it hasn't done that much to improve it either. There's just...nothing to report, to be honest. It's a toner. It does smell like dirty hair and vinegar, but that doesn't bother me if it works. I will update if things change while I finish the bottle, but at this point I'm not convinced it's the miracle product it's been made out to be.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is pretty much the bees knees. I use the Lotion P50 phenol free version, and I refer to it as a magic potion. Best beauty purchase I've made in a long time. if you're on the fence about buying it, just go for it. Thank me later. They have different versions of P50, I have also tried the PIGM 400, and it's ok, but it does not give me the glow that regular p50 does. My bank account hates that I'm addicted to this, but my face is very thankful and glowy.

on 2/5/2017 5:44:00 PM

This product did nothing for my combination, sensitive, fair skin. No good changes, but no bad changes either. Simply made no difference. When I apply the product (morning and night) it does feel a tad sticky on my skin though.

I had heard such wonderful things I was hopeful. Have been using for 4 months now, and no change. Saved up my money for ages too! the good thing is that I still have atleast 3/4 of the bottle left, so I'll keep trying. The product certainly lasts a long time.

The smell isn't as awful as others day - it smells like apple cider vinegar.

I am probably the only person who hasn't seen results. Given that everyone else loves it I'd recommend that you try it for yourself.

on 1/27/2017 2:24:00 AM

06/24/2017: This is an update to my previous review of the Lotion P50. After 5 months of use, I can tell you with complete confidence that this is a total game changer to my overall skin condition. I have paired it with Masque Vivant (using it twice a week) and even my husband has noticed the changes the products have brought to my skin.

I used to wear make up everyday (not heavy makeup) I would use my CC cream faithfull to conceal and brighten up my skin. I usually wake up in the morning with dull looking skin, but now after a few months of use (the magic dual Lotion P50 and Masque Vivant), my skin looks brighter and more refreshed. I don't wear any make ups now when I don't need to go to work and still feel amazing and confident.

The bottle will lasts about 6 months and am ordering my second bottle of Lotion P50 today to make sure I'm fully covered.

01/27/2017: My company sent me to Paris last week and the first thing that came to my mind was to look for "must buy skincare products in Paris", and VOILA! BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE LOTION P50 was the first thing to pop up at Google Search in nanoseconds..... I started to read all these reviews and testimonies about Lotion P50. That was the first time ever I've heard about this product (yea.... I know this is lame because many beauty editors have been talking about this for years). Anyways, it is pretty hard to get even in Paris because most (almost all) pharmacies and parapharmacies do not carry BR products. Also the fact that I spent most of the time in the office, I didn't have time to check out every store. In the end, I went straight to their physical store on Rue de Champs-Elysees to get the Lotion P50 1970. This lotion, more like a toner is no joke!!!! People call it Holy Grail, Jesus in a Bottle, Facial in a Bottle, and what not, I called it my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle. The bottle doesn't come in a nice glass fancy bottle or elegant packaging but I'm sure every single penny I've spent on this product is worth for what I get inside this white plastic bottle. I'm actually banging my head on the wall right now for not getting more of their products while in Paris!

OK, back to the review. This is only the fourth day I'm using it and I'm not kidding, IT WORKS WONDERS! My skin has been a mess over the pass few years: dryness, fine lines, large pores, acne, and sometimes I have a large cystic that keeps coming back from time to time when I'm super stressed and exhausted, and hormonal problems. My skin was dull, flaky and acne prone during the winter and oily, acne prone (yes, that sucks) during the summer or humid days. I have used many... like many products in the past, high-end, low-end, home-made, prescription products, and even products from Japan, Korea and Taiwan, where they're famous for skin care products. Well, none of them gives me this kind of immediate results like the Lotion P50. For me, I do not think it's on the pricey side. I truely think the the price is reasonable given the fact that I know this is going to work. I used the pricey stuff like SK-II's Facial Essense for more than a year (I thought I just needed to be patient and be persistent), "a bottle" of La Prairie Dry Oli (a bottle because it's $300 for a teeny tiny bottle which clogged my pores, and at that point, me and my wallet kind of lost our patience). I also tried the OTC brand like the Neutrogena Pore Fining Cream and Toner (which seemed to work in the beginning but I had massive breakouts later on, and dried patchy skin) and many other creams, serums and elixirs. I was hopeless and very close to a point where I was going to accept the fact that my skin is Bleh :( .... and my face looks Bleh :(..... for the rest of my life. I'm so SO happy that finally get my Heaven on Earth in a Bottle- the Lotion P50. I'm not exaggerating and I feel that I have to write this review because I needed to say something about it and share my experience with you.

Like most of the Lotion P50 users' comments about the smell of this product, its not pleasant, but it's tolerable. It will definitely give you that tingling sensation, but I really like it, in a sense that I know it's actually doing the working on my skin. Although the instruction tells you to put a few drops on a cotton pad and dap it to your skin, but I'm a cheapo and feel like 80% of the Lotion will be wasted on the cotton pad, I decided to just put a few drops on my palms and dap it to my face and neck. I have been using it twice a day for a few days and I've noticed the immediate nice glow on my skin. Redness is gone, skin feels soft and bye bye oily face. Before using this product, I put on make up everyday when I get to work) BB cream, eyeliner, blush and some brow liner. My makeup will stay for several hours, but the oil from my face washes off most of the make up by mid-day. After using this product (just a few days), my make up can stay up for the entire day while still feeling fresh and soft! I can't stop gazing myself at the mirror to witness this miracle myself!

Again, I'm using this for less than I week and I'm seeing and feeling the results already. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Lotion P50 will continue to work it's magic on my skin. I'll give another review in a month on how it's working on my ance, and whether it has minimizes my enlarged pores! I'm using the Lotion P50 with the Clarins Day and Night cream now. As soon as I finish the cream, I'll definitely use it with other BIOLOGIQUE RECHERCHE products for better results.

You can get this and other BR products in the US through a few renowned resellers such as The Rescue Spa, The Art of Beauty, Aida Bicaj and Paul Labrecque (I'll not get them from eBay or other unauthorized sellers). But if you ever had a chance to go to Paris, go to their salon store on Rue de Champs-Elysees, and may a schedule a facial treatment if your schedule allows you to do that! It's less expensive to get it in France