Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Filtered by age: 25-29
Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.1

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

Le meilleur toner acide exfoliant que j'ai jamais essayé! Ça sent mauvais mais ça marche! Le battage médiatique est réel sur celui-ci! Sérieusement, juste quelques utilisations et vous pouvez voir une différence dans votre peau. J'ai même cessé d'utiliser mon Sunday Riley Good Genes car il s'agit d'un produit étonnant qui travaille plus fort pour exfolier et illuminer ma peau. Si vous ne l'utilisez pas avec des produits acides ou agressifs, commencez avec le tonique éclatant de pixi, il est beaucoup plus doux que la lotion P50 1970. Ce toner n'est PAS pour quelqu'un qui commence tout juste à prendre soin de la peau

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Lotion P50 1970 is the only skincare product you absolutely NEED. It changes everything about your face from texture, redness, pores and pimples. This product makes my skin look glow-y and alive enough that it shines through any makeup I wear. I guarantee if you buy expensive makeup or full coverage you won't need either of those things once you consistently use this product. I now buy the lightest coverage because other than redness and the occasional pimple, I LOVE the way my skin looks.

It's expensive BUT I guarantee if you are unsatisfied with your skin, you will inevitably spend hundreds of dollars buying poor products that are readily available and highly marketed that don't have the active ingredients you need. A large bottle can easily last you at least a year and you can slap the cheapest makeup on your face...it will still look beautiful.

It has a vinegar smell, guarantee you won't notice it after a few uses. It's hard to find, seek out high end spas on the internet. The 1970 version is 'illegal' in Canada due to phenol but you can still get it if you look hard enough but if not the Lotion P50 is just as good.

If this product was to cost $500 I would still religiously repurchase. It's HG of the HG's and will never live without it

on 11/16/2017 4:38:00 PM

*Edit* : I stopped using this for a while, not seeing any real results or not seeing them fast enough (patience is not one of my virtues). Then, I realized my Jan Marini BioClear (glycolic, salicylic, azelaic...) is probably doing more harm than good for my melasma/hyperpigmentation (even if it is pretty good for acne). I searched around for some substitutes but kept coming back to this. It doesn't work as quickly and markedly as the BioClear, but it turns out that is probably better in any case because it is gentler on my skin. It provides a nice glow and, after the initial burning goes away, my skin feels so balanced and refreshed and even more hydrated. I also realized this has a PHA in it, which apparently is better for melasma and sensitive skin. I was looking all over for a product with PHA's in it, not realizing this little bottle had it all along...along with lactic acid and salicylic acid and niacinamide, all great for melasma and my mild rosacea.

Wow. Something that actually lives up to the hype. I should have known - French stuff is always amazing. This helped clear up one of the worst breakouts I've had in a while and made redness go down pretty much immediately. I think it must be the niacinamide that my skin really loves. I have such a hard time finding products with niacinamide and this has that and so much more. I think its an exfoliant/toner/acid and a treatment in one. It really works on so many fronts.

There is a purging period - or at least, I believe, there was one for me. So I am taking off a lippie for that. It was in an area where I don't usually break out but where I am pretty oily (around nose) and after that subsided the area was very clear and a lot less oily. I never believe products that say they can alter my oil production but with this product it may actually be true, which amazes me.
So, maybe it's a good thing but it still sucks to gain more red marks that need fading when you are already broken out. I think taking it slow is very key - once I reduced application frequency and time those little red bumps I was getting started going down. So, if you are purging, put down the P50 for a day or two and/or try diluting it or washing it off a little while after using.

on 10/30/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I tried, I really did. When I first started using P50, my skin was a mess. Dry, bumpy skin constantly riddled with 4-5 cysts and tons of scars to show for it. Reading all the glowing reviews online, I was convinced this would my skin's savior. In a lot of ways, it did live up to my expectations. My cysts began going away faster, my scars were almost erased. The problem? Every morning I woke up with a smattering of tiny pustules all over my face. You know the kind which bursts and drains while you shower with hot water. In the beginning it was slightly annoying but I overlooked it since my acne was almost gone and the skin surrounding the pustules was looking nice. I thought it was probably my skin purging and decided to give it a couple of months. It never stopped. Every morning I woke up to as many as 10 pustules. Most of them drained when I showered. But the redness around them lasted all day. It was frustrating to have clear skin for once but still having to wear makeup because these superficial pustules made it look like I was broken out. I stopped using P50 and the pustules stopped appearing after a week.

I started using Tazorac soon after and it was the answer to all my prayers to the skin god. After the peely, flaky, ugly phase was over, I had smooth, glowing, acne-free skin for the first time ever. I even started getting compliments on my skin. Then I got greedy. I thought I could make my skin look even better if I added P50 to the mix once or twice a week, all its previous troubles forgiven and forgotten. What a mistake. Like clockwork, I woke up to my cheeks covered in angry pustules. Never again. I decided that I wouldn't stray from my Tazorac + Aquaphor routine which has given me the best skin of my life.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How do all these ravers put up with the two week purge? Big fat zits. I carry on thinking it'll help dry up what it has purged but not really. Now I have PIH. I don't think I can push further. Going back to good ol Differin.

on 3/8/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This review is for the new, regular strength version.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I was hoping I wouldn't tbh because it is sort of pricey but after about a month of usage I can say that this will become a staple in my skincare routine.

My skin is pretty used to acids so when I first started using this I immediately started using it 2x a day. However, I went through an intense purge which I didn't expect. Some users say their skin glowed within 3 days of using this...not me. I had to use this for a week or 2 before I saw the results because of all of the purging. I also used to do superficial weekly peels but once I added in the Lotion P50 it made my skin too sensitive and I realized I kept burning which kept ruining my skin, so I reluctantly took out the peels. I thought this toner couldn't possibly give me the result the peels could, but since I spent so much money on it, I did want to at least get some use out of it and give it a try.

I am so happy I did because after a week or 2 my skin started glowing. The texture was minimized and it definitely helps to speed up the disapperance of PIH. I used peels for months (I alternated between lactic acid, glycolic acid and salicylic acid) and my skin looks better now than it did when I was peeling so I don't think I will ever use peels as long as this is around. It did sting at first but now it doesn't sting anymore at all.

The smell doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like it. Probably because I like the product so much.

If you're thinking about trying this...just do it. It really does work. Try the smaller bottle if you must, but just try it.

After I finish this bottle I want to try the Pigm 400.

on 12/23/2016 6:19:00 PM

Okay, friends. I have been using this product religiously for about 6 months now. I feel completely comfortable reviewing/recommending it based on duration of use. This stuff is quite honestly skincare gold. I'm on my second bottle (I buy the second largest size). I still have 3/4 of my first bottle, but I was petrified of running out and needed to have a backup, as well as my travel size. My skin LOVES this. I have very sensitive, combo skin with redness on my cheeks. I used to have a few hormonal breakouts around TTOTM, but since using this, I never get those painful, cystic jaw pimples. It's a miracle. If I get a little pimple, it's a whitehead and goes away over night from thus magical exfoliating toner. I've completely gotten used to the smell- it's almost endearing at this point because I just know it's going to work. I recently bought a sample of the new P50 PIG 400, and will report with results/thoughts. Bottom line: I'll never be without this. Ever. It's holy grail, and lives up to the hype that surrounds this cult product. Buy a sample, try it, and *hopefully*, love it. Shoprescuespa.com has THE BEST customer service/fast shipping and always gives generous samples... This is where I purchased mine. Enjoy!!! (And ignore the smell! It's worth it!)

This is the best exfoliating toner I've ever used. It's expensive, it's smelly, and it totally works. I'm not a newbie to chemical exfoliation and have used a variety of AHA's and BHA's over the years from the affordable to the expensive (Paula's Choice to Peter Thomas Roth and Dr Dennis Gross). I always come back to this because nothing shrinks the pores and gives me quite as luscious a glow as this. It's strong, so you have to take it slow working up to using daily. Worth every penny.

on 8/19/2016 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nothing really changed, didn't purge, had the glow, pores stayed same, hate the smell, decent acid, but was it worth the hype?

Skin Type: Fair, combination/oily, clog-prone, hormonal acne during TOTM.

I don't think I've ever had a worse experience with a product before. I've been using BHA products religiously for years, my favorite being Paula's Choice CLEAR BHA 2% Lotion. It has kept my skin clear for the most part, but I still get hormonal cystic pimples on my chin and around my mouth at times. I've seen good reviews of this product for people with hormonal acne, so I thought why not give this a shot. I did a consultation first with the Aida Bicaj salon online and was recommended the P50 toner, Masque Vivant, Creme Dermopurifiante, Serum Iribiol for T-zone, and VIP 02 serum. All of which total a little over $600. I purchased the Masque Vivant, P50 toner, and Creme Dermopurifiante (moisturizer).

Now my skin is not particularly sensitive, and I am accustomed to using acids on my face twice a day. I used this product daily, and perhaps I should have only used it twice a week at first, but I figured my skin is pretty much used to being exfoliated. Initially, results were good for the first week. Skin was clear, dewy, supple. My biggest issue was the incessant itching on certain parts of my face and neck. I had to resist the urge not to scratch my neck off during the first half hour of applying. The itching NEVER stopped, even when I didn't use the P50 toner. The second week, I was getting minor breakouts but I figured it was because of TOTM. Third week, my skin was looking blotchy, it was still itching, and now I was getting more breakouts even after TOTM passed, which is unusual for me. Fourth week, I woke up with a massive itchy bump on right cheek, which I took for a bug bite, even though it didn't resemble a mosquito bite.

A few days later, the day of a VERY important seminar for my job, I woke up with another bump in the same spot, but it looked more like a pimple and definitely not a bug bite. I covered it up initially, but the problem? I had to sit through the entire seminar with my makeup off, as we were studying skincare and makeup application. Maybe it sounds silly, but it was hugely embarrassing for me to be the only person looking like a zitty 15-year-old the entire time. When I got home and really examined my skin, I realized was this really worth it to look like this for a cult favorite beauty product? I thought it was purging, but it started to resemble irritation more and more. I had also been using Masque Vivant to help with the breakouts twice a week, which did absolutely nothing. The Creme Dermopurifiante was a nice decent moisturizer, but ultimately didn't help with the breakouts either. Not to mention, the smell of ALL of these were truly awful. My boyfriend is not picky at all, but the smell bothered even him. I've finally given them up and my skin recovered and looks much better already. Going back to Paula's Choice.

I gave it two stars because I know I'm in the minority and I think its a well-formulated product but it just didn't work for me.