3.6

Reviews

2.0
from

a year ago

This eyeliner was mostly a miss for me. I appreciate the color range, smooth application & ease of blending, and that it's cruelty-free. But it has poor staying power. There is no way I can use it along my lower lash line, and I've even had it smudge within hours after applying along my upper lash line (I promise that I wasn't rubbing my eyes). Still looking for my HG eye pencil.

About reviewer (393 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

My body responds well to the all natural eye line. I've had hit/miss/hate/love relationships with the powder foundations, but their eye stuff is great.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have been searching and searching for a good white eyeliner for my waterline to make my eyes look bigger and brighter and one after another they've failed to even mark or show in that area. I tried this on the store and FINALLY found one that shows up! For $13 quality is great and I hope they don't stop making it!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

These do not make my eyes red. I can put this anywhere and reapply later and it will go on great. You will need to touch up, but it does not make the eyes red or tired looking. The midnight blue is leaning towards violet and is absolutely gorgeous. The basic brown is fab with lots of eye looks, but is perfect for my brows. It covers a stubborn grey of mine and lasts well. They are also priced well. I purchased directly from the web site to make sure they were fresh. p.s. Old school pencil liners need to go in the freezer for an hour or overnight before sharpening them. You can sharpen them without doing that. But a lot of younger gals do not know this trick and then rag on the products when they crumble or break during sharpening. That goes for all brands of pencil that do not have fakey ingredients. I have a lip liner also, pink and it does not disappoint.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

I'm severely allergic to anything that isn't natural in products used on the waterline, and I was looking for something that doesn't smudge like my Shahnaz Hussain kajal and form dark circles under the eyes. This works better, the line is finer and doesn't smudge as badly. I hope it lasts and doesn't melt in the hot humid summer months. However, need to touch up at least three times a day. Next, I'm going to go for the white and pink pencil liner.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

6 years ago

Pros: • Nice packaging just a basic pencil, can't complain • comes with a good basic selection of colours • easy to apply, glides on smoothly Cons: • smudges • fades • over priced Overall thoughts: I would not repurchase this eyeliner again, it glides on very nicely but I only wear this product on my "lazy days" because it's comfortable to wear but not very long lasting. I do believe there are better eye pencils out there with a better price and quality.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

3.0

9 years ago

All natural, nontoxic. My friends who have allergies to latex and other makeup can use this. Downside is the tiny range of colours. I wish they had a lighter blonde eyebrow pencil than Taupe. And I wish they could come in automatic clickable tubes like many brands have nowadays ;) A pretty standard eyepencil. Does smudge with oily eye products. Can drag, but it all depends on how you personally apply it I think. I use them in conjunction with Beauty Without Cruelty eye and lip pencils.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I like that this pencil is relatively small, making it easy to pack in my makeup bag. I got the white color to help brighten my eyes. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! All natural and non-toxic–always a plus.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

10 years ago

The Jane Iredale eyeliner in Basic Black is a beautiful color, it's a black with a bit of blue in it and makes my green eyes pop. It goes on easily can be used on waterline, staying power is not great most likely because it is all natural.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

10 years ago

It's very interesting reading other reviews saying this doesn't last more than an hour, because this lasts very long and rarely smudges for me! I wear eyeliner above my upper lash line, so many eyeliners smudge onto my upper lid. It's funny because some days this doesn't smudge at ALL and other days it smudges very slightly, I have yet to figure out what differs those days :o) But since it rarely and barely smudges, and even then its after 8-10 hours of wear, I'm ok with it. I have this in black and in black/brown. The black is very black, not a gray-ish black like some others, which is nice. The black/brown is more of a soft dark brown taupe color. It's ok, but it sort of ends up looking like a faded black so I stick with black. Overall, an excellent eyeliner that will remain part of my beauty stash! :o) Ingredients (funny enough, are very similar to korres long-lasting formula): Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Mango Seed Oil, Candelilla Wax, Shea Butter, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Carnauba Wax, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Mica, Carmine.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age25-29