Outremer Vanille

I'm on my fourth bottle of this delightful olfactory treat. Sometimes I stray from it, but in the end I always come back. Outremer's Vanille is such a wonderful and straightforward vanilla. My most recent break from Vanille came when I realized I was turning 30 next year, and had quietly wondered if it was appropriate for me to wear sweet and somewhat "juvenile" vanilla perfumes. I tried out ambers, musks, chypres, but in the end one spritz of Vanille was enough for me to say, "To hell with anyone who thinks a grown woman can't smell like a cookie."

This starts out screechingly sweet and I admit I have oversprayed a few times and nearly suffocated myself in vanilla fumes, but after about 5 minutes it softens into a wonderful aura that is reminiscent of vanilla extract and marshmallows. It's airy and has a spun sugar quality, and isn't a dense syrupy sweetness like something you'd find in La Vie Est Belle. This perfume is just a bottle of joy, and I've had strangers near me ask "Does anyone smell cookies or am I imagining things?" No one has ever been offended by this perfume (at least not that I know of), and when I wear Vanille to work people will always remark that I'm one of the nicest smelling people in the building.

I like to layer this perfume to add depth, especially in the winter. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has an oil named "Bengal" that smells uncannily like plain chai tea ... I apply that to my pulse points and add a spritz of vanille and suddenly I'm a walking vanilla chai latte. That's my favorite autumn/winter combo. In the spring and summer I tend to wear it plain. This perfume does surprisingly well even in the hottest summer days and doesn't ever become nauseating coupled with humidity.

I highly recommend this affordable EDT to anyone looking for a straightforward sweet vanilla scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1.6fl oz of pure, delectable vanilla perfume for less than $20. If you love sweet scents, especially vanilla... definitely check this out if you ever come across it. For an inexpensive fragrance I find that it lasts well on the skin and clothing throughout the day. I also love the look of the bottle and enjoy having it displayed on my perfume shelf.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail of vanilla. Long lasting and the most delicious scent. Always get compliments when I wear it. Mixes well with other scents if your a mixologist. I buy again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is really for people that unabashedly and completely love a vanilla scent. I'm partial to anything vanilla. My ideal scent would be "a fancy bakery". So I've truly searched high and low and this is by a long shot, one of the most authentic chemically packaged vanillas I've come across. To give a little perspective on scents I find to be completely perfect the lotion I use every single day is C. Booths vanilla butter. So if you enjoy smelling legitimately edible, you'll truly love this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome staying power, deliciously sweet vanilla scent. And the price isn't bad either... $18 for a 1.6fl oz bottle. The bottle has a beautiful look to it, too. This fragrance is my go-to during the fall/winter months. It's the best smelling vanilla perfume I've ever come across and the one I'm complimented on the most.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The only fragrance I really want to wear anymore is L'Aromarine le Vanille.

I purchased at Antrhopologie for $18. I went in knowing exactly what I was looking for, but not knowing how much it would cost. I was expecting the bottle to be at least $40 which is around what other fragrances of the same size go for. So it was a pleasant surprise to see the price.

Now, as with any fragrance, I would recommend you not purchase this until after you smell it in person. In my opinion this is the PERFECT vanilla scent. But not everyone would agree, and the same perfume is liable to smell differently to different people, and even smell different on the skin from person to person. If you don't like sweet fragrances, this won't be for you. But if you do, it very well could be.

I can say that on me (most others who I've seen review share the same sentiment) this fragrance lasts all day, sometimes longer. I get complimented and just feel confident when I wear it. It is affordable and the packaging is really nice to look at. This is everything I want in a perfume and more, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Lately, this perfume is the only one I own that has not been irritating my allergy nose. I get SO sneezy from some perfumes, even my favorites have been bothering me this spring. This is one of my favorites to wear for an easy, low-key, subtle but sweet scent. It smells like straight-up sweet vanilla, very linear but perfect to wear as a simple note. I love it. Complicated scents have been not my style as of late.

Plus the bottle! Perfect Art Deco gorgeousness! The price is very, very reasonable too. I got mine from Anthropologie, but I know Small Flower sells it too (along with a bunch of other scents by this brand).

If you want a free drink spray this on!!!! I have had more compliments from this scent then anything I have ever put on. I am sure it isnt for everyone... but I am petite dark haired pale skin girl and it seems to suit me the best! I have told many people about it because I am constantly being asked what I am wearing!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I on the lookout for a replacement for the discontinued Molinard Les Senteurs Vanille. I purchased this based on a recommendation from the lovely glossaholic and I couldnt be happier. This is a sweet, uncomplicated, grown up vanilla scent. It is comparable to Victoria Secrets Vanilla Lace or The Body Shops Vanilla fragrance from a few years back. It is a very smooth and creamy scent. Smells just like vanilla extract. It has great lasting power and the price is very reasonable. Love the vintage style bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soft cotton candy and vanilla sugar cookies, with a touch of woodiness and musty cardboard. Keep in mind that I am a vanilla FIEND and love exorbitantly sweet fragrances that give some people headaches. I don't know what it is, but there is something really sickly and aversive about this fragrance. It is linear, but that's not the issue, as I was looking for a linear vanilla. I have sampled this several times and it always hits my nose the wrong way. I just don't like it. If you are looking for a sweet vanilla, give this a try. It's not my HG, but it may be yours. I'm really disappointed, especially since the longevity and sillage are excellent on me.

The search for the perfect, true vanilla continues...

Popular Fragrances