Victoria's Secret Kiss and Make-Up Ruby Palette

No Image

on 4/29/2004 7:22:00 PM

VS palettes are seriously underrated. The ruby palette I purchased has 3 lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, 3 eyeshadows, mini brushes, and a mascara- all in a mirrored case for ~ $30! I consider that a great deal, especially when you consider the generous amount they provide for each product. Since groovynub has wonderfully summed up the palette below, I'll just add my comments.
The lip products were creamy, pigmented, and moisturizing; however, the lipglosses were very sheer on my (pigmented) lips. The eyeshadows were silky and long-lasting, and the mascara was surprisingly good- it thickened and elongated my eyelashes without clumping. This was a holiday item, but if you can find it on Ebay (I bought the companion Copper palette there) I would definitely recommend buying this item. You won't be disappointed!

on 1/19/2004 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Awesome palette! Bulkier than a Nars palette, Kiss and Makeup measures 7" x 4" x 1/2". This stunning palette contains five wearable hues of plum and red lipsticks and glosses, three pigmented velvety eyeshadows, a versatile cream blush/bronzer, and a tube of Lash Intensifyinq Mascara in black.

The lip products are sheer and slippery but this may be because they're in palette form which may or may not be indicative of the true nature of these products. (Unfortunately I'm unable to say because this is my first VS cosmetic purchase ). I notice no discernable scent or taste to the lipsticks, which is a plus in my book.

The quality of the eyeshadows is superb. Silky smooth in texture and great staying power with no creasing. The base/highlighting shade, Mystified, is a gorgeous shimmery pale beige. Cashmere is a warm peach, and Hot Paprika is a wearable plummy-crimson shade. At first glance, I thought the bronze shimmer would look muddy on my tan asian complexion, but it didn't. Instead it gave me a subtle shimmery peachy glow. And no breakouts either, yay! The mascara is a little dry, and smudges slightly, but does a descent job of lengthening. I like that I'm able to apply three coats without it clumping. Overall I'm very impressed by this palette. I would definitely consider buying some of these shades separately. Everyone should give VS Beauty a second look.

on 12/17/2003 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

To give you an idea how popular this is, the two closest malls to me are completely sold out on the Ruby pallete. I drove 30 miles yesterday to get one at another mall, and it is worth it. The shades are very wearable, great value for the money.