Bath and Body Works Pure Simplicity Tomato Revitalizing Face Scrub

No Image

3.8

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After washing my face with this stuff everyday for a week, my skin tone was a bit more even. My skin in particular responds quickly to whatever i use on it. I definitely would not have used it on my face everyday if i realized that i should only be "scrubbing" once a week. The only thing about this product is that the sample i bought for a dollar at one of their annual sales seemed to be much better. The product was smoother in texture and i liked the smell better too.
Im sticking with it.

on 4/17/2006 6:02:00 PM

My HG scrub - it just doesn't get any better than this facial scrub. Has an authentic tomato leaf smell too, not artificial at all. The packaging is excellent too, especially for use in the shower. The top has a small hole in the middle, and you turn it to open. You just squeeze what you need out, and twist the cap to lock it. I'll be devastated if this product is ever discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this scrub, it is pretty pricey but I like the ingredient list and the way it feels. It is pretty grainy so Im careful not to press too hard. It doesnt leave my sensitive skin red or stripped and my skin feels smooth afterwards.

on 5/16/2005 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't like this. It hardly exfoliated my skin, and didn't really feel all that clean either. I don't really like the idea of lathering scrubs, bc I think the lather lessens the effect of the scrub. Really don't like the smell though, smells like fake tomatoes . . . not something I want to wake up to during my morning shower.

on 7/20/2005 11:11:00 AM

the grainy beads are too large for facial use. but i did like that it made my face seem softer and not-too-tight-dry after use. i kinda like the clean tomato scent. but pricey. like i said, the biggest turn-off is how large the grainy beads are.

This is my favorite weekly scrub. Exfoliates well, doesn't dry out my skin, and makes my skin glow.

on 11/7/2004 12:24:00 PM

I also got the large GWP size which gave me the chance to try it for a week and a half. I cannot repurchase this scrub because if any tiny amount gets in my eyes, it stings like crazy. Of course, I carefully try to avoid my eye area, but if any gets in at all, like when I am rinsing the scrub off, that is when I get very painful stinging, so bad I canot open my eyes for about a minute or so. On the plus side, the scrub is gentle and very cleansing with a nice green tomato scent. But I have never had the kind of trouble with other scrubs as I have had with this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a very long time, I had stopped using face scrubs. I think Clinique is to blame for me dropping scrubs from my routine because their 7-day scrub always felt like pure glass against my skin! At some point this year, I got the Pure Simplicity sample pack for free and forgot I even had it - until last week. I started noticing how dull and flaky my skin had been looking recently. And I realized that I was in desperate need of exfoliation. So, I cracked open my tomato scub and started scrubbing! The veggie smell of it was surprising and almost gagged me at first, but after getting used to it, I found it quite refreshing. I have used the scrub three times since then, and I think it's one of the best I've ever tried. It's gentle enough for everyday use, and helps polish the skin without irritation. I love the foaming action. It's really a cleanser and scrub all in one! =) In between uses, I have noticed that the product can get a little watery. I have not had any problems with breakouts so far, and I like the results I've been getting with it. I may even purchase the full sized bottle of this! One of the best scrubs out there for oily skin!

on 2/14/2005 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I recieved a sample size in a swap and used it today. Man, this stuff was so drying and stripping for my face. It didn't have a lot of scrubbies and I really tried not to get any in my eyes, but I did and it really burned. Not something I want to try again.

on 3/23/2005 8:44:00 PM

I love the smell of this scrub - it really does smell like a garden of tomatoes which surprisingly was very refreshing. I like the foaming action, as well. Like any other scrub I use this only once a week (I am 30 with normal skin) and do not find that it dries my skin. It definitely leaves it feeling very smooth. I will not however repurchase because it has been getting a watery consistency as i reach the end of the tube (maybe it is how long it has lasted?) and I find St. Ives Apricot does a comparable for a lot less damage to the wallet.