Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

on 3/12/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Ah yes. Yes yes yes! This lipstick range is everything. But this particular color is life in abundance. This is a dupe for MAC Del Rio which is my day 1, Ace in the hole. So imagine the pleasure that washed over me when I found this for less than $5. The formula is creamy, it applies flawlessly and has a medium brownie brick maroon color. Just like Del Rio. I have lived 29 years on this earth without finding these lipsticks. So I will make up for that by purchasing all of the Creme formula lipsticks that work for my NW45 complexion. And speaking of that, women of color take note. This is one to watch as it is cheap and looks great on. Judging by the reviews it looks great on everyone! Lasts 4 hours on me and the only reason I need to apply again is because I have eaten. Very high quality product which I will continue to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was never really a lipstick person, until about a year ago. So I started purchasing cheaper lipsticks to get used to them and if the color does not work out, I have nothing to lose but 7bucks. This is my 5th Revlon lipstick and I must say Im impressed with not just the colors but the quality. First of all I probably purchased it due to the name (as I do often)
Lipsticks are hard to review due to the different pigmentation of our lips. On one person Rum Raisin can show up as a red and on another person a muted brick reddish/orange.
It is important to try them on in person and maybe not fully go by the reviews. Lipsticks are the ONLY product that this applies to. Anyway......Rum Raisin on my pale, cool pigmented pink lips comes up as a very pretty warm brown tone with red undertones. Im very fair and since the lipstick is warmer on me than probably a warm toned person, I have to used a yellow based powder and a neutral warm foundation, what Im trying to say is that it will work on a cool toned person but you must work with warm tones otherwise something will be off. I also found the lipstick to make me look older, more mature like. (age31)

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

I feel like I fall in love with a new lip color every time one ends up in my collection, but Revlon's Rum Raisin is different. No, for real. Rum Raisin really speaks to me more than any other color has - it gets me. It understands me. I guess what I'm getting at is that I think Rum Raisin is.....the *one*.

Jokes aside, this color is fantastic. It's a unique sort of deep, mauve-tinted rosewood shade, with a hint of reddish brick, all mixed into a midtonal creamy brown base. It's not exactly warm, and it's not cool either (but that's probably due to the fact I have neutral coloring - I can see how this shade might do some slight transforming depending on one's undertones). Although I'm rather pale, this lipstick does the opposite of washing me out, so if you're still trying to find a suitable 90s kind of "marsala" shade then this is your best bet, regardless of skintone. It also looks absolutely gorgeous if you lightly dab it on as a stain, and blend it into your lips with a fingertip (this brings out more of its mauvey red side).

As an avid collector of this particular formula, I know that some of the Super Lustrous shades can be somewhat off in pigmentation, but Rum Raisin delivers 100% of it. It's much more flattering than other popular browns like MAC's Whirl, and carries more impact than Revlon's other 90's classic, Toast of New York. Long story short...if you don't have Rum Raisin, you need it.

on 10/21/2015 2:51:00 PM

I have never bought me a lipstick, this was given by my sister. It was kind of a blind buy for her since the lighting in Sephora was not right despite the fact that she had been there for hours just to buy the perfect shade. However, it turned out to be the best result for me.

It was the exact same colour with my lips, and suprisingly it didn't dry out at all. There was no lustrous effect but more like velvet. The staying power is weak, I had to re-apply every 4 hours but gladly it was not smudging at the corner of my lips. I'm a jobless student so the price is ok for me to buy it again if I ran out of it.

on 8/15/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I randomly picked this color along with berry haute and cherries in the snow because i had $4 coupons and target was out of all the matte shades i wanted to try.
I didn't expect it to work with my skin tone,but i like it.

on 7/29/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Rum Raisin is my absolute fave - since the 90s. The color goes with anything and is long lasting. I pair it with Revlon's ColorStay Lipliner in Chocolate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Fantastic lipstick! The colour is the perfect browny-pinky colour that compliments my skin tone so perfectly and works well with any makeup look or outfit. Whenever I am in doubt as to what lipstick to wear, this is the one that I always go for. The pigmentation is great and the formulation is creamy and moisturising, which is really key for me as I have quite dry lips due to being on roaccutane (this is one of the few lipsticks I have found that I can wear while I've been on it). The staying power is not the best but it wears pretty well so its not too bigger deal.

on 1/20/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this today and love it. This is a terrific dupe for the Sephora Pantone lipstick that is sold out and was $18. I bought this and Really Red Matte (supposedly a MAC Russian Red dupe) on sale for $12 for both. Not bad.

on 11/17/2014 7:04:00 AM

Holy Grail MLBB for me (light complexion with strong yellow undertones, auburn hair). Particularly as I get older, I need a lipstick that just works: it works with no other makeup on, it works no matter what color shirt I'm wearing, it works for day and it works for night. Rum Raisin has that silky, highly pigmented, gorgeously moist feel that makes Revlon the best drugstore lippies hands-down. And then, of course, there is the color itself. A rosy-mauvy-brown that warms and flatters my complexion (I don't do well with pale nudes).

There were some Revlon lipsticks from the '90s that need to rest in peace (orangy-browns, eggplant-purples) but Rum Raisin was an instant, timeless classic. As I said, it just works. And I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was given this as a gift. It's a muted red. A little on the brown side and it was some sort of sheen or undertone to it that makes the color pretty and not flat. I just love this color. I have pale olive skin, dark hair and hazel eyes and this color is very flattering. It's very versatile, one could wear it for day or night.