Victoria Jackson Survival Kit

Victoria Jackson Survival Kit

2.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

THIS PRODUCT MAKES ME SO MAD. I AM ACTUALLY HAVING A HARD TIME PUTTING INTO WORDS HOW MUCH LOATHE THIS. Let me warn you, I have not felt this strongly about a product in a VERY long time.

When looking over the reviews for this thing, one thing makes me very happy- that there are only 12 reviews. I feel so sorry for anyone who spent their hard-earned money on this piece of absolute rubbish. I've never owned another makeup product that was this God awful in my entire existence. The fact that this crap retails for $40 makes my stomach churn, because I wouldn't even pay $.50. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING EITHER.

The thought of a "survival kit" is a good idea. Something that is compact, and contains everything you would need to touch up your makeup. That is a good idea. Any other brand coming out with this probably would've been wonderful. But this brand screwed it up royally.

The packaging is okay, I appreciate it's compactness. But what lies inside, makes me seethe with anger.

Want lipsticks?? TOO BAD. YOU GET HARD WAX WITH ABOUT 10% PIGMENT.

Want eyeliner or lipliner?? GREAT. HAVE THESE TWO HARD STICKS OF KOHL THAT WILL MAKE YOUR EYES AND LIPS HURT AFTER EACH APPLICATION.

Want blush?? HAVE A SHIMMER BRONZER AND BLUSH THAT KICKS UP MORE POWDER ONTO THE GROUND THAN ON YOUR BRUSH.

Want mascara?? FANTASTIC, JUST TAKE THIS MASCARA THAT'S THE EQUIVALENT OF WHAT YOU'LL FIND AT THE DOLLAR STORE. THE BRUSH IS HORRIBLE. THE FORMULA RUNS FASTER THAN FORREST GUMP. GET OVER IT.

Now let's stop here at the eyeshadows. This is what makes me angry. Not pigmented in the slightest, powder will fly EVERYWHERE upon dipping your brush into it, and fall out is in maximum overdrive.

But you know what makes me the angriest about these shadows?? The colors! This is meant to be a survival kit, so I'm thinking, I'm stuck in an airport, I need some color on my face, so I just take a couple minutes and apply these products to my face, as a quick touch up type of thing. One palette of shadows is so muted, all the colors blend together into a muddy mess. The other side has blue and purple eyeshadows.

What.

NO LADY IN HER RIGHT MIND IS EVER GOING TO BE LIKE "OH I NEED TO REAPPLY MY MAKEUP ON THE GO, LET ME JUST PUT BLUE EYESHADOW ON MY EYES REAL QUICK" WHAT IS THIS COMPANY THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Colors aside, I have tried so many times to make a look with each of these eyeshadow palettes, and it always fails. They are just horrible quality, and they do not go well together at all. This kit is an absolute train wreck.

my fingers are actually in literal pain from typing so hard on my keyboard. This product makes me so heated, I have never hated anything more. Skip the whole brand people. It's overpriced, and the products suck so badly. I have a "shimmer powder brush" that's in the shade bronze, that's straight up orange shimmer pigment. literally. They just took shimmery pumpkin orange pigment and put it in a container that they advertised to be used on the face. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

the next time I see a Victoria Jackson product, I'm going to set the world on fire. I am so angry.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really enjoyed having this kit! The bronzer brush is super cute and convenient! I loved the pearly pink color to put on my brow bone, and I use the blushes most of the days I wear makeup! For a great deal, I was really impressed with the make up. It's not the first one I turn to when I'm putting on my make up in the morning, but I definitely like it!!!

on 12/27/2010 4:37:00 PM

Got this set as a gift for Xmas, along with a shimmer blush, and 2 mini kits with 3 eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks, and a blush. Supposedly it was a great deal and I was excited to try them out. The blushes are terrible! They go on streaky and don't blend at all. The lip glosses are okay, but don't last long and do not have a of pigment. The eyeshadow colours look good but are just so so when on. I applied them over Urban Decay eyeshadow base which is the only reason I think that they lasted but the colour is not very pigmented and do not stay true to colour. The shimmer blush in baby pink is a cute colour but is almost impossible to get onto the attached brush. I had to shake it like crazy and even then only got a little.
I am glad that I didn't spend the money, and would not buy Victoria Jackson cosmetics. I might use the eyeshadow again if I need quick make-up and don't really care about the final result. Don't waste your money. When a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is!

on 3/4/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I saw this at the mall around Christmas when I was shopping with my family and this lady was selling the entire kit for about $40cd the cause she represented was for women who were escaping abusive relationships or who were homeless and needed a new start. Anyway I never did end up buying it but my mom had one and gave it to me. For what it is the quality isn't all that grand but It's good for travel at least especially if you don't want to lug your huge makeup satchel about.

Pros:
Fits nicely into your purse and Ive never had any leakage problems
Good for quick makeup on the go
Has everything:
Mascara
Lip pencil stays put all day thats a plus
Eye pencil Glides on nicely and stays put all day I use for my brows too
2 rows Eye shadow (Colors mostly neutral for everyday wear I guess)
Two blushes light pink and a neutral color (light bronzer?)
1 row Lip stick kind of sticky but nice colors

Cons:
~The blush can mix with the lipstick if your not careful (there is a film that goes over the blush and lipstick if you lose these it can cause a mess)
~The Brushes are garbage and you certainly can't fit your own in there ( I guess you can throw a mini brush kit in your purse if u have to but that would miss the point of not having to carry extra anything)
~Quality of makeup is mediocre at best lipsticks felt sticky to me I use bonne bell gloss with these. The Shadows aren't to bad I guess it helps if you use primer before hand.The mascara leaves my eyes feeling a bit dry and it flakes a bit but then again my kit is coming to its end.

Overall: I may buy this product to use again. For quick makeup I wasn't to disappointed it certainly is a lot easier to take this out then to take out my big makeup bag for a touch up. I suppose the premise of this is when you only have time for foundation you can do the rest later and it comes with everything. I think it cost more on her website but if you find this at a kiosk in the mall for less it's worth a shot.

on 4/13/2011 9:15:00 AM

I bought this at my university's fresher's fair when I foolishly fell for the VJ woman's sales pitch. This has been such a disappointment. The mascara was already dried out. The eyeshadow colours are so boring, barely pigmented. The blush powder goes everywhere even though I kept the plastic film on it. I paid about 30 quid for this and am very unimpressed. This is a con girls, don't fall for it! Don't let them reel you in because this is truly a turkey :(

I SO AGREEEE!! This is of course happened to you in USA, but I live in the UK, and apparently they bought the product over here advertising Victoria Jackson full of about 5 - 6 boxes of makeup which I wouldn't buy for 30!! All look like sample sized load of crap! The brushes look like it would tear away your cheeks! I got sunked in after not working for a while and went ahead of the interview taking my chances... Everything I read on here reflects exactly the same thing they do for a whole day at the 1st interview stage making u believe and brainwashed to think they are a huge company. The manager talks so fast and side tracked and rushed me not giving me a chance to ask about pay... it wasn't mentioned! I wanted to stay professional and all nice so its not so awkward and thought I wanted to see what it could offer when they called for 2nd interview next day... omg. i ended up going to a service station near Bicester... watching all day from like 9.00am til 545pm and when i had my lunch break, i knew the job wasn't what i want although the team leader was nice, they all seemed like were on drugs and high all the time.. how can anyone be high constantly.. lol. i'm a happy person, but they are defo on drugs. I thought omg, i am stuck in a city away from Coventry, and i have no way of getting back and have no choice to go along with the day out waiting for them to finish work so I can go in the car back with them. Afterall, they did throw me in the car with other young girls who chat, sang, and acted so high all the time. She joked she was gona kidnap me! They didn't allow you to speak to other candidates or it will be terminated. I knew i didn't want this, but Thankfully, the other guy asked me if i thought it was all so strange... and told me he found that victoria jackson - the brand is a well known scam! from them, i knew i had to get out of there. I didn't want to tell them as soon as we got back, as the other guy who is very young told her he don't want it and left... in a nice way.. in the office, i came back in, all the other girls got through to final stage filling out forms about today.. i couldn't bring myself to fill it in! i got up, gave the form back, told them it's not for me, and walked out. The team leader on reception had a keen eye on everyone knewing these are the hopefuls that really want to get scammed! But, i showed her i changed my mind, decided to leave. WASTE OF TIME! NEVER AGAIN WILL I FALL FOR THIS! don't know what will happen to the other girls though.

The con is in the packaging and that's where it ends. It dries your skin out, and does not compare with MAC and Bobbi Brown as the sales lady will tell you. Do not fall for the sales pitch, it's all lies!!!

on 11/27/2009 8:27:00 PM

just bad.
thats all i have to say

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in a promotional deal at Sam's Club the other day, with some other things, for about $38.

It comes with:
-10 eyeshadows
-5 lip colours
-3 applicators (blush, eye, and lip)
-2 blushes
-Eyeliner
-Lipliner
-Mascara

The eyeshadows are not the most pigmented- however, I've had far worse. There is minimal fallout, and the colours look gorgeous in the pan, but not so much on my eye. For instance, there is one eyeshadow that is a mossy green with gold flecks in it, that looks stunning, but on my eye it looks a little muddy and flat. I will continue to try to work with them, as they really are quite beautiful colours.

I have not tried the lip colours as of yet, but will update when I do. They look like very wearable, pretty colours.

The blushes are my favorite out of the kit. They are HIGHLY pigmented. I barely touch my brush to it and it coats my cheek with a healthy flush of natural colour. One is a peachy-pink colour, and the other is a darker pink with gold in it, which is my favorite.

The applicators are very soft, and slightly floppy. There is a blush brush, a double-ended lip brush, and a double-ended eyeshadow applicator, with a sponge end and a brush end. They are decent and will get the job done while traveling.

As with the lip colours, I haven't tried the lipliner, but again, will update when I do.

The eyeliner is a pencil that must be sharpened after use, which is slightly annoying, as I usually use twist-up liners, to avoid that very issue. However, it makes an even line, which can be very thin to very thick, and it is a very rich black. I wouldn't recommend it for the waterline though, as it is nowhere near waterproof.

And finally, the mascara. I actually really like this mascara! It's very natural and contains some conditioners so your lashes look soft and glossy. It gives moderate volume and decent length, and it's a soft black that isn't harsh at all against my pale skin. My only qualm with it is that it is NOT even close to waterproof, and will come straight off if you even get a few drops of water on your lashes. That being said, it is very easy to remove with a watered-down Q-tip, and doesn't burn my lashes.

Overall, this is a very nice kit that will certainly make my suitcase a lot lighter during travel. I would buy again.

And just for information's sake, the extra things I got with the kit that I did not review under here (as they are not part of the kit itself) are:
-Sunkissed Bronzer
-Kabuki Brush
-Exotic Eyes eyeshadow palette
-Shine N' Go Gloss Trio
-Eye Gems Cream Stick Shadows

All of that, plus the survival kit, for only $38? I'd say that's a good deal.

on 5/3/2010 12:23:00 PM

Horrible! and total waste of money! (not for me but for the person who bought this for me)
Eyeshadows are chalky! Lipsticks are goopey and not even pigmented, have to keep reapplying to get even a little bit of colour!
Stick to MAC if you want quality, or even L'oreal/Rimmel/Maybelline is better!