Alberto Vo5 Hair Spray Crystal Clear 14 Hour Hold Unscented

No Image

3.8

on 2/16/2013 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the unscented version (and it is scent-free, once it dries).
I have used this a few times and I'll probably be tossing it in the trash as soon as I can get to the store for a different product.
I have naturally curly hair, and I use hairspray when I style my hair with rollers or curling irons-- I use the hairspray to hold the "styled" curls in place.
The hold is o.k., but it makes my hair dull and also takes away the softness-- my hair feels very dry and straw-like after using this. And by the end of the day, it starts to weigh down my curls and my hair starts to look (and feel) like it needs a wash.
Bottom line, this product reminds me of the hairsprays I used back in the 1980s. I will be shopping for something more modern ASAP.

on 1/21/2010 8:45:00 PM

This is a very nice product. Has good hold but not outstanding hold. The scent is very mild, it seems to last only during application, so I guess i would consider it an unscented product. Hair feels nice - not too dry or stiff or crusty. Doesn't seem to take away the shine from hair. I thought this was a little expensive for an Alberto product, but the bottle is lasting a long time and overall is much better than cheaper sprays. I don't feel the need to try other sprays now, I"m satisfied with this.

Even though it claims to be unscented, this has a nice clean scent. I like the spray- it goes on "dry", which I like. It dries quickly, too. Good product- very affordable.Hold is good, without being sticky. Thumbs up!

This is a decent hairspray for the price. Had more holding power than I was expecting, but it definitely isn't the best out there. It lasts for a good amount of time too. The smell is nice and fresh. I might buy again if I'm low on money and really need a hairspray.

Popular Styling Products