SUN Laboratories Ultra Dark Self Tanning Lotion

SUN Laboratories Ultra Dark Self Tanning Lotion
Ultra Dark Self Tanning LotionUltra Dark Self Tanning Lotion

4.1

Deionized Water, Dehydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Hazelnut/Pecan Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Aloe Vera Extract, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ascorbic Acid, BHT, Citric Acid, FD and C Yellow No. 6, FD and C Red No. 40, FD and C Blue No. 1.

on 11/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lots of fake reviews for this brand here, so beware before buying.

on 11/28/2018 9:30:00 AM

This is the best self tanner I have ever used.

This is the best tanning lotion I have ever used. It is the easiest to apply and it gives the most natural color.
I actually decided on writing a review because I just used Loving Tan 2h express (cannot find any reviews on that here eventhough Youtube gurus seem to rave about it) and that is just a mess...not only was the application a disaster, it left me with an orangy and uneven tan. Which made me realise just how much I appreciate the Sun Laboratories Instant Tan in Dark. It also reminded me of the fact that it isn't a walk in the park to self tan, well, at least not with others self tanners then this one. I gotten so used to the fact that this just gives me flawless results that I assumed that other self tanners would probably give similar effects, oh boy was I wrong.
The only downside is that it is not easily available for me, I only have one eBay store where I can purchase this liquid gold, So I pray to whoever is up there that they will continue to sell it there. I already got my sister and several friends hooked on this stuff.
Really...if you are looking for a great self tanner, look no further. I apply the self tanner with vinyl gloves (the ones that don't have powder on the inside) and it goes on like a dream. My technique is to 'pat' the self tanner in the skin, so I firsttake a pump, spread it out and then make small patting motions to basicly buff the tanner into the skin. For my hands and face I use a brush to apply the tanner. It does stain your sheets if you sleep with it, but I find three hours of wearing the tan is sufficient for the tan to develop.
Really no cons about this product. Will purchase foreeeeevaaah ;)

on 3/5/2018 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite sunless tanning lotion I've ever used! It's super dark with a green tint like a mud mask😂 It will stain your palms really bad so use latex gloves or a mitt or some type of glove.I feel like mitts soak up the lotion and it's so hard for me to not use my hands! I like to mix this with a regular body lotion.It goes on better and I just feel like I need to? I've always mixed things to time it down.This color is so nice Not orange.It's a brown yellow? or brown something but not orange! It looks natural to me.I wish it cost a bit less but it's really good so the price is fine with me.I really need to find a way to get this off my palms! I love using my hands It feels like I can put it on so much better with my bare hands.

on 11/17/2015 11:48:00 PM

This used to be my favorite self tanner, it was the best EVER!!! But they must have changed the formula because it hasn't been the same since about 2012. I've been using other self tanners and have tried going back to this several times, but it's not what it once was. The color that it gives is not as dark and almost makes you look dirty. On top of that it fades within a day or two. The pump also was able to be closed and now it doesn't, therefore that can cause air to get in and ruin the product. Unless SunLabs post's on their website that they have improved the formula I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG self tanner! Sun Labs Ultra Dark never leaves me orange or way too dark. I feel like it mimics the tan I naturally get while in the sun, which is a bronzy color with a reddish undertone, (native american) if that makes sense? I mainly use this on my face since my face for what ever reason will not hold a tan to save my life, even though my body is always pretty dark… I stopped using this for a while because it was causing white heads whenever I used it, so i switched to St. Tropaz and even Xen-Tan. These self tanners though just left me with a kind of unnatural color and barely lasted more than a day, so I thought I would give Sun Labs another chance and it hasn't cause problems since… strange. This is such a great self tanner, but anyone over NC/NW 35-40 I wouldn't recommend, I don't think I've ever gotten darker than NC40 with this, which is perfect for me.

on 4/30/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this tanner for a while now and I absolutely adore it!

APPLICATION
A bit more tricky than mousse/spray obviously, but nothing you can't handle. However, I do use this with a mitt so that might also explain why im having an easy time applying it. Since it is a lotion you will have a bit more time to rub it in before it goes streaky, however the lotion can have a tendency to stick to some areas, but just rub the tanner in quickly and you should have no problem!

COLOR
The color on this tanner is gorgeous! Although this stuff stains my mitt green, i find the undertones on it, once you wash it off your body, are a true brown or even a reddish brown. It looks very natural, however it is a bit browner than other tans. But in my opinion it makes it look very natural. The lotion does have a guide color that is SUPER brown, but dont be afraid, once you wash it off the effect is not as intense!

After one application, the tan left behind isn't super dark, however i like to do bi weekly applications and this takes me from an NC25 to a NC42. YMMV obviously :) My NC42 shade loses its intenity after about 2 showers, and for the rest of week i become around an NC30/35. It fades rather evenly, but some areas do get a bit funny looking. Nothing too obvious though!

FORMULA
This stuff has one of the best self tanner smells ever, it reminds me of cherries mixed with almonds. SMELLS SO GOOD. After the coverup smells disappears even then it doesnt smell too weird, so awesome! That being said though it takes FOREVER to dry once you apply it like 1 hour to 1 hour and a half. It feels really gross, and you cant sit on anything because it sticks to you :( Also one con is that the formula does break me out, i dont apply this to my face, but my back (which is a bit acne prone) does break out when i use this.

Overall, this is fantastic self tanner and one of the best smelling around! I will definitely repurchase but perhaps in the darker color. Although it might be a bit trickier to apply for beginners, i still think its one of the best formulas around and very affordable (around 20 bucks on ebay for an 8oz bottle!)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know how this got good reviews. If this is considered a good sunless tanner I would hate to use a "bad" one! This left me streaky and peeled as I was putting it on! It didn't even make me that much darker. I even exfoliated before using and blended it we'll. I hate how dark it makes the palm of my hands when applying it (and yes I washed them and washed after I was through applying) but they were still stained dark. I also applied this outside in the sunlight so I wouldn't miss any spots. I don't know what good it does to look at reviews of products before buying them if the reviews aren't accurate.

This is the best self tanner I have ever used. I can't stress enough that you need to exfoliate and shave (if needed) before applying ANY self tanner. I apply mine after a shower because it quite simply yields the best results. I also use latex gloves, but if you are allergic to latex there are latex free gloves also. I do this to keep from staining the palms of my hands, and my finished result comes oit great. if you are streaking while using this, you just aren't doing it correctly. The color is a natural olive brown and its beautiful and the smell is fantastic. I get mine off amazon for around $12-$22 and it's worth every penny!

I AM OBSESSED AND IN LOVE! I have refused to use any other self tanner in my life after my first experience with sunlabatories. Let me first start with the beautiful deep tan color. I have used every self tanner known to man but this product gives you as close to achieving a perfect brown glowing tan to what you would experience as if you spent a summer in the bahamas!
I have tried this product in only “dark” because I am naturally light to medium and this level accomplished a more naturally deep tan look. The spray tanner is my favorite because after exfoliating my body in the shower, I dry off, spray myself and INSTANTLY develop a perfect and non-streaky tan. The best thing about the spray is that it dries very fast and I start getting dressed soon after I apply it! The lotion is amazing because it is more gradual tan but achieves that back from the beach glow. I personally apply the lotion the days in-between using the spray and on my face!
With Sunlabs you can get the most natural, dark, straight from Hawaii brown tan without the harsh chemical smell that most self tanners have. I feel so much more confident and have that radiant back from the beach glow (even though I am stuck in New Jersey) thanks to Sunlabs. My coworkers, friends and even boyfriend have asked me how I am so perfectly tan all year round! Try this product and you will not be disappointed!