Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue

Dior Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue

4.1

on 5/24/2016 11:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Bought this from Starwberrynet after reading heaps of positive reviews.

Don't know if I have gotten an old tube, (since buying from Starwberrynet is sometimes a hit and miss case scenario... but that is entirely different issue) or is it just the formula is dry.

Anyway, the tube I got is half dried, I have to apply 5-6 coats to get some colour payoff and when I tried to swatch the wand on my hand, no colour transfers to my hand, just a few thinny thinny blue line?! WTH

The wand is big but is fairly easy to use and it does not clump, after several coating, I finally can see that I have mascara applied. (really annoying!!) but contrary to photos and claims, I definitely don't see this blue as electric sharp blue, not even close... I want something cobalt like blue.

I think this tube will only last me for about 3 - 4 applications and it will be done.

A pricey experience... and I don't even know if it is Dior or Strawberry is the problem. :)

One thing sure, though is I aint gonna buy this again.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this blue mascara. It's worth every penny. The brush is big, but it does not clump the eye lashes. It actually makes it look like I have really full eye lashes and spreads them evenly. I really love it.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not the navy/denim blue of Diorshows past--it is bright, bright blue! Electric, even. It looked wrong when I bought it, but figured it must go on darker than it looked. No. Very noticeably blue lashes. I didn't want to return something to this department store AGAIN (I'm waiting to see my photo posted behind the register--don't sell to her!) so I kept it. And I use it. And as a first layer, close to the base of my lashes, it works well to give a brightening, whitening effect to the eyes, very lush and subtle, as long as I put something else on from mid lash to tips. And I do like Diorshow as a mascara. I'm just not a two step person, so I'd probably look for a more subtle color when it's 3 to 6 months are up, like the plum from Chanel, or a color from YSL.

This is a very good electric blue mascara. I have to agree that it can be quite clumpy but does have an intense blue effect (especially if you have blonde lashes like I do) that garners many compliments. It can get a little flaky as it gets older though and the price really leaves something to be desired. It gives decent definition with excellent volume
So far this is my 2nd favourite blue mascara and will repurchase but....
For you lucky ladies who live in Europe or plan on traveling there soon, I highly suggest going with France's company Bourjois (Holiday Volume max mascara) for a more affordable and in my frank opinion, better electric blue mascara. You can find it at any large grocery store with a beauty section (Carrefour, Monoprix) or at Les Galleries Lafayette(more expensive). I got it for 6 at Carrefour last time.
Unfortunately the Canadian chain of Bourjois stopped carrying their coloured mascaras*weeps silently* but seriously try that our if you get the chance, much better price and a better product - the colour is ULTRAVIOLET blue , crazy intense -

on 2/26/2015 10:10:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. If I had a dollar for the different brands of Mascara I have tried looking for the perfect blue. I receive tons of compliments when ever I wear it. Its pricy and it does clump but worth it just for the color.

on 5/8/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have yet to find another mascara with this electric blue color. I coat my lashes with some translucent powder or primer before applying a few coats of this stuff, and then BOOM! Bright cobalt blue lashes. It can clump but just apply it slowly and build up the thickness/brightness. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

on 7/20/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a worthwhile mascara.
Formula- comparable to Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes (my current favorite); non-clumpy while providing nice length and volume with 2 coats.
Color- vibrant! Not for the shy; cobalt blue.
Brush- a hefty 3 cm long, 1 cm wide; tapers slightly toward the tip but still too large in my opinion; tough to coat outermost lashes without getting mascara on my lids.
Smell- slightly chemical but unnoticeable once it's applied.
Packaging- 1.7 cm diameter; sturdy.

If you're looking for a good blue mascara, this is the one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I simply adore the electric blue color, it's one of the most intense blue mascaras I have ever seen, the color is not just noticeable in daylight, it's quite obvious indoors as well. I'm not too impressed with the formula, it seems a bit too dry and just a tiny bit clumpy. What I absolutely hate is the brush, not because it is big but because it's impossible to pull out the mascara without having waaaaaay too much product sticking to it, especially at the ends. The application probably takes me twice as long as it does with other mascaras. This is my first Diorshow mascara so I don't know if the formula of the black version is the same because why someone would buy this other than for the color is beyond me. I guess I'll try to find an alternative but it will be hard because the color really is to die for. Luckily I got it pretty cheap (around 26 dollars?), I would pay way more if I bought it in Europe. It also has a really strong chemical smell that reminds me of bleach or peroxide.

I love the Diorshow formula and the color is pretty but I actually prefer YSL's Faux Cils mascara in number 3 if I want a colored mascara. This color is not wearable on a daily basis because it is way too obvious, too light. I'll stick to the black version

on 5/29/2011 1:57:00 AM

fantastic colour and it is actually obvious after 2 coats. really obvious!! however the brush is quite huge which seemed typical of Diorshow mascaras or serums. However with practise you can use it effectively. also holds curls well. no clumping and definitely buildable volume