Philosophy Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm

No Image

3.6

on 2/2/2007 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It was okay, pretty expensive, not sure if I would purchase it again

First off, I love the initial scent of the peppermint patty lip balm. Mine wasn't in a pot, but a tube. The product itself isn't congealed, the way plain petroleum jelly applicators are. It's rather slippery, and I liked that. I also liked the faint pink color--it's very sweet, shiny, and subtle. However, if you swallow it, as you are apt to do from eating, talking, etc., it tastes terrible. Other lip balms are thick enough so that you won't accidently swallow it, but with this, you definitely taste the waxy, chemical side of peppermint patty. The emollient oils sooth my lips however. The product itself just wasn't worth 10$.

on 7/6/2004 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the early reviewer who claimed this doesn't stay on long enough. It has a very thin consistency, so I do find myself reapplying often. Otherwise, however, I just adore it! Great scent/taste, nice subtle pink shimmer, & a huge tub that will last a lifetime.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like regular Kiss Me by Philosophy and mint is my favorite lip gloss flavor, so I thought I'd love this...and I do like it, but I don't find the texture to be the same as the original Kiss Me. I have super dry lips and it's gone in a couple minutes, and I'm constantly reapplying. It's not as moisturizing as the original, either. The color is just lovely, though, and it smells yummy.

on 2/8/2004 10:02:00 PM

My fav. balm from the Holiday Kisses set. The minty smell/ taste is very nice, leaving my mouth really fresh! And the pinkn shimmer looks really natural on my lips, adding just a bit of colour. Because it's mint scented, it doesn't really have hte oily taste of the other Philosophy balms, which is good. I won't need to repurchase it again, the tub is so big it'll last me ages!

on 1/1/2004 8:26:00 PM

Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm is one of three glosses in the Holiday Kisses set.

The scent of this balm is just like a peppermint patty. It is non-sticky and goes on like a combination of a balm and a gloss. The color is a sheer shimmery pink. Whereas the Sugar Cookie has a silvery shimmer to it, this one has pink shimmer. Not a lot of pigment here at all, but it does add a slightly pink gloss to the lips. Perfect by itself for a slightly pink, shimmery lip or over lipstick to bring a bit of shimmer and gloss to any lipcolor.

If this set is available next year during the holiday season, I will re-purchase. continued >>

on 11/14/2003 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip balm from the Holiday Kisses set which also includes the regular Kiss Me Red and Sugar Cookie. Peppermint Patty goes on just like the Kiss Me Red but it gives a pink tint. It's moisturizing and adds shine and lasts for a long time on my lips. It comes in a really big sized pot that should last you a really long time since you only need to use a little bit. It also has a really nice minty scent that gets me in the Holiday spirit! Rave from me!